upgrading belmore talk from few weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has there been any progress of this. has any heard if the dogs have put a proposal to bankstown council or anything. every other club has always been successful in doing it.
clubs that have had there ground upgraded are panthers, dragons, parra,melbourne storm new ground, broncos , rabbits with redfern oval, tigers. but the dogs have never done anything but been kept away from our real ground. saints just today got a 25 nillion dollar upgrade on western stand

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not too sure Craig. Let's hope the wheels are in motion so to speak. As you said, almost every other Sydney club has gotten federal, state or local government/council grants for their outdated suburban grounds so let's hope that we'll get something along those lines to get BSG to an acceptable state for training for our FG squad, junior footy and perhaps a pre season game.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I'm not too sure Craig. Let's hope the wheels are in motion so to speak. As you said, almost every other Sydney club has gotten federal, state or local government/council grants for their outdated suburban grounds so let's hope that we'll get something along those lines to get BSG to an acceptable state for training for our FG squad, junior footy and perhaps a pre season game.
that oasis crap and salary cap crap back in 02 has given the governments some 2nd thoughts about giving funds to the club for a stadium upgrade.

perhaps we need those Man City's arab owners

Number13

Management
Reaction score
I am suprised that Belmore Sports Ground did not qualify for the government's stimuus package.

ck246

Isn't he fine
Reaction score
They actually talk to Canterbury council, so bulldogs wanted to pay half and council pay half, but as you know the local government is tight. But hopefully they say yes, cause my dad can get free tickets if they can play a few games there.

JERRY LEE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is amazing that the government has not chipped in money on this.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our traditional home ground deserves a bit of respect doesnt it? Even if they only use it for trial matches or lower grade games, it deserves a coat of paint.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
do we want to move forward as a club or what? how is the game meant to grow if we play in grounds that hold crowds of less then 20k?

Almobro

Gunner
Reaction score
do we want to move forward as a club or what? how is the game meant to grow if we play in grounds that hold crowds of less then 20k?
Thats true, but we can play games that are most certainly not going to get over 20k such as warriors.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
im all for the less profile games to be played there tbh

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Thats true, but we can play games that are most certainly not going to get over 20k such as warriors.
Yeah I understand your point, but to me it feels like rather then trying to increase the gate at Warriors games we're giving up and going to a smaller venue instead.

In 1998 the Bulldogs played st merge at kogarah in a semi and the crowd was 16k. In 2009 st merge played the chokers there with a crowd of 18k. that's very poor growth 200 people a year give or take. we will ultimately loose the war with AFL and Union if we're happy with a 200 person a year crowd increase.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're talking training ground for Belmore. As I understand it they want to incorporate some facilities that can be used by the community to facilities to improve the cost/benefit figures. Personally they should just call fro a work bee and get the place kitted out as is ASAP. Went past the other day and the gound is still OK. better than Homebush gypsies, especially during the summer months with so many athletics events on.

Status
Not open for further replies.