Upgraded forum?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Was he the one at the games that would talk about having cluster mines he could throw on the field and how he flew over the Roosters game with a sniper rifle, and other crazy shit like that?
I'm 99% sure it's him because Old Man Rooster was a senile fan who was stuck back in the 1920s lol

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was he the one at the games that would talk about having cluster mines he could throw on the field and how he flew over the Roosters game with a sniper rifle, and other crazy shit like that?
So just a normal fan. Nothing to see. Move on.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Text highlighting is not working?

I'm holding down the shift key and moving the arrows keys to highlight text but nothing is being highlighted?
Bug. Been reported.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant find the #eggonfaces emoji....

I can assure you that it will be used in a caring and responsible manner

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant click and drag in the text box you are writing to delete.

WTF IS THIS SHIT.

CAN WE GO BACK

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@habs @Nash I've found that the background being a light grey colour doesn't go well with the highlight colour being white - it's almost impossible to see what's been highlighed. Can you at least change the highlight colour to blue like it was before?

Try it, type something then hit Control + A - you'll hardly be able to see what you've highlighted.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Right now, I can't stand the upgrade.

Can there be an option to choose which version you can run? Also mobile app on Android looks identical so not any better.

Everything appears very basic, large and has a "build a website for dummies" feel. Old version was more flowing and visually appealing.

Old version is the team with Hopoate at full back. Safe and well balanced.

New version is DWZ at full back. Constantly looks out of place with confusion.

Also no offence to whoever took the time to create this.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Didnt want to be negative about the efforts put into the running of this site but I just cant get a feel for the new layout.
I know change is inevitable but it just feels plastic.
Not like shinney chrome bumpers with round headlights, Im talking fugly hodlen camira.
I find myself coming on less and when I do, well I couldnt be bothered really.
Anyways, just some feedback

When your writing text and you highlight a word for example you want to delete, the background highlight is almost white. You can barely see that youve highlighted something. Well for someone in the forties whos just started wearing reading glasses.
Anywho's...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Appreciate the efforts folks.

But this is basic bitch trash. Honestly - if there is an option to go back, I would highly recommend (at the very LEAST) putting it to a vote.

I find myself looking less and less based on the changes and it seems there are a host of others who feel the same.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still liking that I'm not having to scroll past an ad for every second post and sometimes ads pasted in the middle of long posts like paragraph breaks. It's also good that no advertising is redirecting to their site when I haven't even clicked on their ad. That's a huge improvement in my mind.

I miss the old system for rating posts though.

I've noticed as others have mentioned that if you highlight a sentence or paragraph the background stays white where it used to turn blue to clearly indicate what you have selected.

I'm guessing that the mods and admin are still working on the kinks. I have seen a few of the old/comfortable features return.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL @ all the whining about an internet forum - that you dont even pay for.

I guess you could go and start your own site - with blackjack and hookers óf course...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. And each time people complain, then they get used to it.
I actually liked the upgrade in 2016, but this one looks like a step backwards. I know we'll get used to it eventually but it was better the way it was 2 weeks ago!