Update on proceedings

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not saying dexter or I are right/wrong, but what's been going around..

1. No offer made for SJ yet.

2. Cheese isn't demanding 900k (700-800k)

3. Offer made to Dufty
What would you say SJ is worth now to us.
as I don’t mind the idea.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any news on DWZ and Phillip Ronald Gould?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok fellas a little update for you

Up as of today;

1. They have made Shaun Johnson the number 1 priority

2. Brandon Smith wants 900k

3. No official enquiries about Dufty

2 blokes who are running recruitment and negotiations are A.L and J.K (not John Khoury!)
i know for a fact that one of those is totally incorrect.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SJ is one of my favourite players. But he’s on the park less than Foran. I think Burton and Ava are the way to go. Smith is good, but Deitz still untried (and cheap). Give him a crack first. Spend elsewhere.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it was Grant, I wouldn’t blink at 900k but Smith 750k.
See, no offence mate but why? Is the extra $150k going to destroy the rest of our cap? Will it break the club financially? Do you have a scale that says he is not worth it? Are you putting in the extra?

So many opportunity’s in life get left on the table over an amount of money that a year or 3 down the track seems insignificant.

He is worth whatever is required to get him here. Once we are back challenging for and winning titles then the balance of negotiation swings back to us.

Fuck I am sick of being a loser club, do the fucking deals already.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
See, no offence mate but why? Is the extra $150k going to destroy the rest of our cap? Will it break the club financially? Do you have a scale that says he is not worth it? Are you putting in the extra?

So many opportunity’s in life get left on the table over an amount of money that a year or 3 down the track seems insignificant.

He is worth whatever is required to get him here. Once we are back challenging for and winning titles then the balance of negotiation swings back to us.

Grant would be more than 900k anyways, into the millions.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok fellas a little update for you

Up as of today;

1. They have made Shaun Johnson the number 1 priority

2. Brandon Smith wants 900k

3. No official enquiries about Dufty

2 blokes who are running recruitment and negotiations are A.L and J.K (not John Khoury!)
Are we gonna sign a prop lol

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I get your passion and I do agree with you to an extent. My worry is kids like Burton will need a pay rise pretty soon and I wouldn’t want us to be laid thread bare for things like that. Anyhow we need something to happen. Tired of losing too.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Smith on now? Maybe $350k? Maybe just let him stay in Melbourne for another year and cost himself a huge pay rise. Doubt anyone will pay $900k.
Agree,let him stay there,$700 to $750 max no more,I’d rather we spend money on 2 or 3 good forwards,Jackson topine is learning the role well,I’d rather we stick with him

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes to all 3.

Shaun Johnson will be a perfect five eight for burton. Otherwise, burton will be ineffective next two years with what we currently have.

Throw 900k at smith. He is the one of the best hookers and competitors in the game even if it means we spend less on other players in less important roles.

I was wrong about Dufty. Yesterday showed he has the ball playing skills of a fullback, has speed and create opportunities.

All we need is one decent prop and I reckon we would be close to a top 4 team (depending on how the team gels).

Just f$&en get it done!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get your passion and I do agree with you to an extent. My worry is kids like Burton will need a pay rise pretty soon and I wouldn’t want us to be laid thread bare for things like that. Anyhow we need something to happen. Tired of losing too.
Nah, we are on the same page mate. I think you build a team around Burton JAC, Smith Naden, Cotric, Thompson. Add another gun prop and work in the Averillos, Schouup, Alomoti, Topines etc..

Lock in Burton and Cheese on long term deals and then work the numbers on the rest of the cap. Those 2 should be our main long term targets.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some have referred to Jim as a wanker instead of a banker ...just kidding..
I mean how difficult is it to meet your kpi's as a banker by giving people money ...easy street ,easy sell...doubt he is a tough negotiator with that type of grounding....just kidding ...
Maybe he has been brought in to discuss wealth management to new recruits

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Phark the cheese, the phat lard wants cameron Smith money ...
I’m with you on that one Ted.

900k is your premium hooker who’s got the lot - robust defence, playmaking ability, vision, top kicking game, craft and guile.

B.Smith isn’t that hooker. He’s a bash’n’barge hooker with light sprinklings of the above qualities. 600-650k man IMO.