Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel jibbed. I’m from a small country town so when I drove in I expected labour , greens , independents etc all there to push there case. There was only the nationals at my polling site so I didn’t get the expert opinions of why I should vote for the other parties. I feel left out other parties don’t care about my vote
Next election just ask the know alls on here mate haha. Driving around, I barely saw many Liberal posters and if I did they were graffitied or torn down. It’s like they didn’t even bother and knew what would happen

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t explain the thought process behind anyone voting for the teals mate haha. We are talking about this current election. Please stay on topic
Come on mate, you can walk and talk at the same time. Why is it fine for Abbott and it'll be great if Dutton doesn't it, but Albanese can't play the man?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Come on mate, you can walk and talk at the same time. Why is it fine for Abbott and it'll be great if Dutton doesn't it, but Albanese can't play the man?
It’s not fine for Abbott mate but there has now been a few PM since Abbott. I find the left and Labor supporters always want to do the “but but but what about Alfred Deakin in 1910”. Can’t we just talk about this election?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Friendly Jordies sailing close to the wind with this.

Any Dutton stories out there will be coming out now...incriminating or not.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Is there a TAFE course on creating retarded and unfunny memes? I can’t wait until he kicks Penny Wong in the nuts
No idea. But looks like there's a TAFE course on how to be a noisy loser. Instead of basing these clowns on their actions in government, you would rather white ant away on the basis of a extinct political ideology.

Per previous - they are (were?) both clowns. But I'm happy to judge on outcomes rather than some make believe shit.

Anyways. Need a tissue?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not fine for Abbott mate but there has now been a few PM since Abbott. I find the left and Labor supporters always want to do the “but but but what about Alfred Deakin in 1910”. Can’t we just talk about this election?
We aren't talking about 1910, we're talking about the last successful opposition, the amount of sitting PM's the LNP sacked is irrelevant.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with what you have written. The other thing is that Morrison came across as a weak leader. He sided with the minorities many times.
Australians really want a centre right party. A Conservative Party. Morrison did not give them that. So they took the lesser of two evils.
I agree that Dutton will get them back on track. The bed wetters have been expunged and I hope they replace them with Conservative candidates.
lol, dude you are regurgitating Andrew Bolt talking points, seriously start thinking for yourself man because watching SAD will only make you dumber.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of Liberal supporters were lost because they believed the party was heading too far left.
Whilst that was happening Labor backflipped on policies that made them unpopular last time, suddenly agreeing with the Libs on things like border protection and they played the smarter game. Labor knew people wanted a change and ran a very small target campaign. Some of their key MPs were barely seen and therefore couldn’t be quizzed on shallow policy.
It was an intelligent move, good on them.

Whilst it was good Liberal released a response ad showing the true context of Labors very misleading ‘that’s not my job’ advertisement the damage was done. The Libs should have seized more on Albo bumbling his way through the election compaign but weren’t negative enough.

Labor would’ve smashed Morrison if he forgot everything bar his name, stormed out of press conferences but just weren’t “negative“ and “attack dog“ enough as the left do so well

I bet Albo is hoping Peter Dutton isn’t his opponent, not because Dutton is so likeable by the public but because he will tear shreds into his incompetence and the parties policies without substance and forethought like their mortgage sharing policy to name one
lol, taking the leadership of a political party after being smashed in an election is a poisoned chalice and those that do are losers who wouldn't stand a chance of getting it normally, so the fact Mr Potato head will get it speaks volumes. I hope he does get it and lurches the Libs farther to the right because if you think there are millions of voters out there waiting for that, you are dreaming.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I suppose all the Union idiots will crawl out of there holes and fck things up, might need a ticket to eat your lunch, and another ticket to go to toilet.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Including Penny Wong.
Malaysian
Her mother is actually a white South Australian..and yes she was born in Malaysia but grew up in Sth Australia with her mother after her mum split with her father, Francis Wong. He grew up in North Borneo.. in which is now part of Indonesia and Malaysia..he was Malaysian Chinese Hakka..which means his parents migrated there from China..he actually grew up in poverty as his father died and his mum had a low paying job as a servant to an English colonial family. Interestingly he won a scholarship to Australia..through a scheme called the Colombo Plan..for developing nations.. which brought him to South Australia and the University of Adelaide, and that is where he met Jane Chapman, Penny Wong’s mother..

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Her mother is actually a white South Australian..and yes she was born in Malaysia but grew up in Sth Australia with her mother after her mum split with her father, Francis Wong. He grew up in North Borneo.. in which is now part of Indonesia and Malaysia..he was Malaysian Chinese Hakka..which means his parents migrated there from China..he actually grew up in poverty as his father died and his mum had a low paying job as a servant to an English colonial family. Interestingly he won a scholarship to Australia..through a scheme called the Colombo Plan..for developing nations.. which brought him to South Australia and the University of Adelaide, and that is where he met Jane Chapman, Penny Wong’s mother..
Good for him i mean her

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't the UAP, One Nation or Lib Dems pick up those seats instead of the socially progressive Teals?
I’d say because your average punter knows ‘enough’ about UAP/ON to know they’re shit talkers but doesn’t know about about LibDem so that’s less an option. The Teals ran a smart campaign - a lot of women when it was seen that the previous Government had an image problem there along with a focus on ‘sexy’ policy like climate. Now the test will come - we’ve never had this many on the cross bench but at the same time if Labor get to 76 they’ll largely not matter anyway. The likes of Steggall rode the wave of the stench of TonedAbs in 2019 and then was handed a silver platter in 2022 with Katherine Deves. So you can have good luck or good policy but under a majority government it matters little anyway because they don’t necessary need you. It’s pretty clear 2022 was in many ways a protest vote after a couple of frustrating years and change for the sake of change. Aussies are a fickle bunch and if the next 3 years don’t deliver some measurable results it’s fair to say the outcomes in 2025 will differ again.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Labor ran a shallow, deceitful and shameful election campaign. Albo straight out lied during the campaign to cover his gaffes (which, in themselves, are indicative of Albo’s inability to do the job). Any party that wins based on character assassinating an opponent at a deeply personal level are scum if you ask me. If the Liberals took that approach, they would have enough material on Albo to make him look like a matured turd! But they chose not to.

This is dirty politics from a Labor party that prefaces that there is no room for dirty politics. Anyways, the public clearly did not see through it. Australian politics has become something straight out of a reality TV show unfortunately - just waiting for a Googlebox with Albo’s front bench to appear!

It is a real shame when elections are fought on the personality of one person rather than the policies of various parties. This was a Form over Substance win for Labor - they had a plan to win the election … now they better start planning how to govern the country!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d say because your average punter knows ‘enough’ about UAP/ON to know they’re shit talkers but doesn’t know about about LibDem so that’s less an option. The Teals ran a smart campaign - a lot of women when it was seen that the previous Government had an image problem there along with a focus on ‘sexy’ policy like climate. Now the test will come - we’ve never had this many on the cross bench but at the same time if Labor get to 76 they’ll largely not matter anyway. The likes of Steggall rode the wave of the stench of TonedAbs in 2019 and then was handed a silver platter in 2022 with Katherine Deves. So you can have good luck or good policy but under a majority government it matters little anyway because they don’t necessary need you. It’s pretty clear 2022 was in many ways a protest vote after a couple of frustrating years and change for the sake of change. Aussies are a fickle bunch and if the next 3 years don’t deliver some measurable results it’s fair to say the outcomes in 2025 will differ again.
Natboy wasn't talking about the average punter, he was talking about the conservative Liberal base who, out of disappointment of the Libs going too far left, decided to vote for candidates who were further left. Doesn't pass the smell test.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Labor ran a shallow, deceitful and shameful election campaign. Albo straight out lied during the campaign to cover his gaffes (which, in themselves, are indicative of Albo’s inability to do the job). Any party that wins based on character assassinating an opponent at a deeply personal level are scum if you ask me. If the Liberals took that approach, they would have enough material on Albo to make him look like a matured turd! But they chose not to.

This is dirty politics from a Labor party that prefaces that there is no room for dirty politics. Anyways, the public clearly did not see through it. Australian politics has become something straight out of a reality TV show unfortunately - just waiting for a Googlebox with Albo’s front bench to appear!

It is a real shame when elections are fought on the personality of one person rather than the policies of various parties. This was a Form over Substance win for Labor - they had a plan to win the election … now they better start planning how to govern the country!
What did he lie about to cover his gaffes?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Natboy wasn't talking about the average punter, he was talking about the conservative Liberal base who, out of disappointment of the Libs going too far left, decided to vote for candidates who were further left. Doesn't pass the smell test.
Under compulsory voting many just turn up to tick a box and don’t have strong feelings about any candidate/policy and don’t tune in until the back end of an election campaign if at all. So quite often it doesn’t make sense as per your example. Not to say people are dumb, I just don’t think many are that invested in something unlikely to make a great deal of difference to their lives, which largely is what happens in Australia and one of the reasons we’re the lucky country. A cynical view maybe but not an unrealistic one either.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Friendly Jordies sailing close to the wind with this.

Any Dutton stories out there will be coming out now...incriminating or not.

Saw this when it was first done. Why hasn't Dutton sued, he sues over every minor thing. Friendly Jordies has got proof. That's why Dutton etc don't want a Federal ICAC.

Last edited:

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Both parties run the same campaign. Liberal party tried to wedge the wrong policies and paid the price in traditional Liberal seats. You are just upset because your team lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.