Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just watching Josh Frydenberg now and am gobsmaked at how he lost to a Teal candidate who said the reason she needs to be voted in is because the seat has been run “by white males for too long”. Such a blatantly racist and sexist comment which was abhorrent and she still got in. Imagine if Josh said that you should not vote for the Teal candidate because she is a woman. Just unbelievable that she got away with that statement but typifies the many inherent inconsistencies within this newly woke world.
He actually lost because he has done fuck all in his electorate for years.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Just watching Josh Frydenberg now and am gobsmaked at how he lost to a Teal candidate who said the reason she needs to be voted in is because the seat has been run “by white males for too long”. Such a blatantly racist and sexist comment which was abhorrent and she still got in. Imagine if Josh said that you should not vote for the Teal candidate because she is a woman. Just unbelievable that she got away with that statement but typifies the many inherent inconsistencies within this newly woke world.
Bit OTT but saw a vid of some chick walking past some solid street dudes in NY. One of them turned to her and said, hope you have a nice day at work maam. She said what? He repeated it. She said oh, sorry, thought you were beggars asking for cash.

She then posted it and claimed she'd been catcalled. Apparently up to a million views with 99% going she was justified to slag the boys after their bad behaviour.

Wonder if it was a bunch of male pensioners whether she would have thought the same. And who randomly films shit as they are walking down the street? So not only woke, but staged to be woke.

Fck it - might campaign next election in the anti-woke party. Reckon I'm on a winner here.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This feels like one of those morning afters. You wake up, realise all of a sudden - “shit, I hope that didn’t happen last night. I hope that I’m dreaming!” And then you realise that it is not a dream - it really did happen! Anyways, the nightmare will continue for the next three years ……
In past years I have been more clear who I wanted to vote for
I must admit the last 2 possibly 3 elections I have not been happy to vote at all.
I'm really not in favour of either party.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to spend triple the amount on defence than what both offered, we dont want to end up dead or working as slaves.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The other incredible issue that has been canvassed is exactly what do the Liberal Party do now.

They have been decimated in their heartland, primarily due to right wing climate inaction, and their blue ribbon seats have rejected that policy.

Their junior coalition partner has been emboldened and have strengthened their popularity and standing with their base by opposing climate change policies.

Some pundits even saying the coalition will need to fracture bc they are now so far apart and if they stick with Nationals and Barnaby they have very little chance of getting those teal seats back.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep. Labour's climate change policy isn't very strong. But I think that's why the Liberal seats went to climate focused teal and Greens instead of Labor.
Its a bridge too far to ever think those blue ribbon seats will ever vote Labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.