Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
In all honesty
Don't matter if you a Labor voters or liberal voters.
Or a swing voters.
Australia is still a great country.
But I'm not so sure it's a great as it once was. And I fear it won't be as great in years to come regardless of who is running the country.
I'm not very optimistic for the future.
I think Australia planted the seeds that will eventually destroy us wsy back in the 70s and 80s
I agree with that and think today China, the unions who hold us ransom & people smugglers will be rubbing their hands together

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dutton most likely to step into leadership, is that a good move though if the electorate are telling the Libs they want something closer to the centre?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Climate change
Integrity Commission
Women's issues
Catherine Deves

All issues ScoMo tried to wedge and divide the population on. The knives are out now for him and he is being blamed for the direct result of losing their previously iconic blue ribbon Liberal seats.

Liberal pundits saying he's done it on purpose to get rid of the Liberal moderates to reshape the party even more to happy clappers and right wing.

He'll do a Barnaby and be back.
Thus dooming the Libs to the opposition seats for many more elections to come...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dutton most likely to step into leadership, is that a good move though if the electorate are telling the Libs they want something closer to the centre?
Dutton is the best gift to Labor if they elect him as Leader.

Birmingham is best placed to appeal to their own base and the wider Australian population.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There a mess at present. Frydenburg was a natural successor, yet hasn’t that backfired. Doesn’t even hold a seat.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I agree with that and think today China, the unions who hold us ransom & people smugglers will be rubbing their hands together
Bro - u got some excellent tropes going on there.
China - well should have thought of that before the libs (Kennet) used the education model to teach chinese kids for cash. Victoria even call itself the 'education state'. So now those chinese kids have a very good foot in the door in Australia.
Unions - all state based these days. What do u think the feds can do about that? The national unions are goneski.
People smugglers - really.
One day you'll wake up and realise that Labour and Liberal pretend to be different but are all the same. 20% leave a legacy and 80% make sure I get voted again.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ll enjoy Peter Dutton ripping in to our weak, whiny PM and hope each way Albo doesn’t crumble under pressure haha

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thus dooming the Libs to the opposition seats for many more elections to come...
It's only a 3 year term. The Libs will be advised to change their directoon but if the right wing and happy clappers largely take over, then possibly in Opposition for a while.

If they listen to their advisers and the electorates, and also pick a concensus leader, then they will be back in 3 years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering Labor are Unionists, not sure why they would stand up to Unions. They're pro-Union. Greens is another thing. They have been chummy in the past and they will be chummy to get stuff over the line if they don't get a majority government, but Greens and Labor haven't been too tight lately.
The greens know they're up shit creek if they allow any other party to do a lot on environmental policy, so historically they've stood against bills they should've helped pass IMO.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s see how much action is taken though. Setting a emissions reduction target for a year earlier for example won’t make fuck all change
Yep. Labour's climate change policy isn't very strong. But I think that's why the Liberal seats went to climate focused teal and Greens instead of Labor.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credlin said the teals were just greens with better designer handbags lol
Credlin & Co are so bitter and out of touch. I can't believe a news network like that has a place in Australia. Honestly who watches it apart for the meltdowns?

They aren't even conservatives, they are cheerleaders for the Liberals. Their whole schtick is attacking woke politics. They pick some obscure 'leftwing' stories from America, attribute it to Labor and the 'left' agenda in Australia.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, looks like a Labor victory.
What's everyone's thought.
Are we happy or pissed off.

Let me know your thoughts guys.
This feels like one of those morning afters. You wake up, realise all of a sudden - “shit, I hope that didn’t happen last night. I hope that I’m dreaming!” And then you realise that it is not a dream - it really did happen! Anyways, the nightmare will continue for the next three years ……

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll enjoy Peter Dutton ripping in to our weak, whiny PM and hope each way Albo doesn’t crumble under pressure haha
I’m calling it now. Albo to be replaced as PM with Abbie Chatfield in one year!

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The greens know they're up shit creek if they allow any other party to do a lot on environmental policy, so historically they've stood against bills they should've helped pass IMO.
This will be interesting - Greens vs Teals competing with each other

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching Josh Frydenberg now and am gobsmaked at how he lost to a Teal candidate who said the reason she needs to be voted in is because the seat has been run “by white males for too long”. Such a blatantly racist and sexist comment which was abhorrent and she still got in. Imagine if Josh said that you should not vote for the Teal candidate because she is a woman. Just unbelievable that she got away with that statement but typifies the many inherent inconsistencies within this newly woke world.

Status
Not open for further replies.