Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is laughing because Liberals struggled due to teal candidates winning seats, and during ScoMo's concession speech his wife was wearing a teal dress.

Queue the conspiracies.
And the dress was made by the late Carla Zampatti and her daughter Allegra Spender won Wentworth. Queue the Twilight Zone music.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly!! There was absolutely no substance in Albo’s and the ALp’s campaign to date and there will be absolutely no substance in their policies going forward. I could have written the policies that the ALP put forward through this campaign in an hour in a coffee shop - there was NOTHING behind the policies, just high level feel good statements! They just picked the low hanging fruit in terms of what is popular with the voters and built feel good statements around them and called them policies - that’s it! All those that fell for this will be regretting their choices and realise they have been had. This country is in big trouble - mark my words!
To be honest. They did not hsve tk try hard.
Scomo did enough of his undoing on his own.
If thevclown from "IT" was running the public would have voted for the clown.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, looks like a Labor victory.
What's everyone's thought.
Are we happy or pissed off.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know Morrison was a pathetic leader, but what does the future hold for Australia.
I doubt that Albo has the steel to stand up to The Greens and the Unions.
I think it is difficult times ahead.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
OK, looks like a Labor victory.
What's everyone's thought.
Are we happy or pissed off.

Let me know your thoughts guys.
Think they're all fckd - but it just a question of how fckd. Using the scientifically proven Amy Winehouse Fckd up scale - I believe Scomo is about here:
1653172446014.png

whereas Anal is about here:
1653172488851.png

Time will tell...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Only thing that changes is new pollies to be the subject matter of Aussie satire and derision :grinning:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last election Labor drifted to the left and lost the unlosable election, this time the Liberals strayed a little too far to the right and got done, (also I think scomo was on the nose) this goes to show that Australians prefer a government with "centerest" policies.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last election Labor drifted to the left and lost the unlosable election, this time the Liberals strayed a little too far to the right and got done, (also I think scomo was on the nose) this goes to show that Australians prefer a government with "centerest" policies.
I agree with you there.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s important labor win the majority. Be a mess having to deal with the greens and independents on policies

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Climate change
Integrity Commission
Women's issues
Catherine Deves

All issues ScoMo tried to wedge and divide the population on. The knives are out now for him and he is being blamed for the direct result of losing their previously iconic blue ribbon Liberal seats.

Liberal pundits saying he's done it on purpose to get rid of the Liberal moderates to reshape the party even more to happy clappers and right wing.

He'll do a Barnaby and be back.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know Morrison was a pathetic leader, but what does the future hold for Australia.
I doubt that Albo has the steel to stand up to The Greens and the Unions.
I think it is difficult times ahead.
Considering Labor are Unionists, not sure why they would stand up to Unions. They're pro-Union. Greens is another thing. They have been chummy in the past and they will be chummy to get stuff over the line if they don't get a majority government, but Greens and Labor haven't been too tight lately.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Life goes on
In all honesty
Don't matter if you a Labor voters or liberal voters.
Or a swing voters.
Australia is still a great country.
But I'm not so sure it's a great as it once was. And I fear it won't be as great in years to come regardless of who is running the country.
I'm not very optimistic for the future.
I think Australia planted the seeds that will eventually destroy us wsy back in the 70s and 80s

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If my intention really had been to shit stir, I clearly picked the right mark, coz you’re triggered, bro.

My intention wasn’t really to bait you. Just to point out a double standard which is pretty common amongst conservative voters who demand respect for the PM - so long as the PM is the one they voted for.

Now my intention is to get back to ignoring you. Have fun spending as much time overseas as possible til Albo is gone. If that really is your plan, it’s another big win for Australia.

Adios.
Yep fair enough but if you want to be left alone by us “bullies” don’t throw away insults directed at individual people

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you're very dismissive of how much crap the Lib/Nat party did to get on the nose. When you have a complicit media it takes more than just wanting change for changes sake and this has been a landslide loss for them. Seats they've held since the 80's being lost is a pretty fair indication that plenty of die hard lib voters saw through the bullshit.

Bitch all you want though. I'm sure that I'm not the only one amused by the amount of vitriol and sour grapes you are displaying. Have a great night, I know I'm pretty happy tonight.
I bet you are mate. Enjoy your 50 cent payrise to wipe someone’s arse. Albo has your back. I still think covid was the main factor but it’s only a few years and I’ll survive, even if I get attacked by mean girl
lefties on the kennel haha

Status
Not open for further replies.