Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Donkeys votes are handing the country over to the fiscal numbsculls….I wonder where all these independent candidates came from??

Dear woke voters, I hope you feel safe with what’s happening in the world…

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The climate change narrative is as strong as ever and the greens have been consistent
Yep. It's a combination of people getting the shits with LNP and ALP not handling Covid well, and both being luke warm on climate change, which is considered by many to be the key issue for our future.

Problem is that while Greens have been the most constant on climate change, they are no better than LNP and ALP when it comes to addressing it. People don't realise that so they go for the extreme option like it's going to save us. Didn't work for the US with Trump but surely it'll work for us... right?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea and at first glance - no tax on my cones.

Then I checked out the candidates...

View attachment 51130

She provides comfort while stoned. Fck. Can I change my vote?
Enrolled Nurse... spends all day cleaning her house. In other worse, she's out of work.

Look, I'm all for supporting the hippies but if I smoke one of two things happen. I start freaking out convinced that everyone is out to get me, or I fall asleep.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Enrolled Nurse... spends all day cleaning her house. In other worse, she's out of work.

Look, I'm all for supporting the hippies but if I smoke one of two things happen. I start freaking out convinced that everyone is out to get me, or I fall asleep.
But she provides comfort. And the dude next to her surely has some good home grown (maybe even the old school Mullum - gone but not forgotten). I'll get the Lizards to keep an eye on you bro while your snoozing....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently Josh Frydenberg and Peter Dutton are likely to lose their seats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
But she provides comfort. And the dude next to her surely has some good home grown (maybe even the old school Mullum - gone but not forgotten). I'll get the Lizards to keep an eye on you bro while your snoozing....
Just don't let them put that Iverrectim shit up me cloister.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Labor are running away with it, but so are the Independants. It could be hung by the mass independant pick up. Also looks like One Nation is going to pick up more seats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
David Pocock looks set to grab a seat in the ACT. Excellent Rugby player, and independant with some good environmental policies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent Zimmerman has conceded defeat in North Sydney with Independant Kylea Tink taking the seat.

She's another climate 200 recipient along with David Pocock. Looks like climate change independants are cleaning up.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. It's a combination of people getting the shits with LNP and ALP not handling Covid well, and both being luke warm on climate change, which is considered by many to be the key issue for our future.

Problem is that while Greens have been the most constant on climate change, they are no better than LNP and ALP when it comes to addressing it. People don't realise that so they go for the extreme option like it's going to save us. Didn't work for the US with Trump but surely it'll work for us... right?
The thing with the majority of climate change supporters is that they believe in climate change but don’t want to change their lifestyles to promote it. They think it’s someone else’s problem - like Zali Steggall who drives a gas guzzling SUV but has apparently been our “climate ambassador”. A friend of mine votes Greens and lives in a multi million dollar mansion, goes for overseas holidays every year (when borders are open, which apparently they are not according to Albo!) and drives a Maserati diesel SUV but strongly advocates for climate change. BLOODY HYPOCRITES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.