Upcoming Australian election thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What a clusterfuck that was. Peter Costello is the CEO of channel 9 & the dedate was a draw. OK

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What a clusterfuck that was. Peter Costello is the CEO of channel 9 & the dedate was a draw. OK
Actually he’s the Chairman.
So let me guess, that means it’s fixed.
Bit of a long bow you’re drawing there champ :-).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They said severable times website traffic was making it hard to vote - so I tried it myself and you couldn’t press any of them. Suggesting it’s somehow fixed is laughable - and why are you so upset about a TV poll anyway which will have zero bearing on the actual result in a fortnight? I suggest taking a deep breath :-).
I am upset that Costello, who is Morrison's mate was in charge. Sad that the Sky debate would be absolutely all class in comparison.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I am upset that Costello, who is Morrison's mate was in charge. Sad that the Sky debate would be absolutely all class in comparison.
What makes them mates?
That they were both in the LNP?
The 2007 election is when Costello left and when Morrison was elected to his seat. They didn’t even serve together. I think you’re overthinking this a tad.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People don’t like Morrison and some treat it like a popularity contest. It’s not a primary school election, you actually have a government behind you

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
People don’t like Morrison and some treat it like a popularity contest. It’s not a primary school election, you actually have a government behind you
Not unlike Shorten

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not unlike Shorten
True but I had zero faith in the clowns behind Shorten. Unfortunately those clowns are almost the same people now behind Albo.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why is that?
They reek of incompetence, their policies have more holes than swish cheese and they are all mud slinging with no substance

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They reek of incompetence, their policies have more holes than swish cheese and they are all mud slinging with no substance
Fair enough. Thanks for your answer

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What makes them mates?
That they were both in the LNP?
The 2007 election is when Costello left and when Morrison was elected to his seat. They didn’t even serve together.
Costello left in 2009.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Costello left in 2009.
True, my mistake, he left Parliament in 2009, but from Opposition. Any power he had in Government stopped after 2007. And regardless it’s still a very long bow to suggest that 15/13 years later as Chairman of a media company he’s somehow ‘fixing’ a viewer poll to make his former party look better. Surely after all the Trump nonsense you don’t believe that ‘fixing’ is real??

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly I think it'll never matter anyway. Albo is struggling with basic stuff like knowing his own policies. But ScoMo did constantly stupid stuff, like going on Holiday during a major crisis. And we survived Abbott, plus the whole Rudd VS Gillard thing.

I honestly think it doesn't really matter who is in power. The Australian system has so many protections in place that we could put a monkey in charge and we'd still do better than American.
We have had a few monkeys in charge

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Concensus seems to be that Ch9 Debate was a schemozzle with little to no moderating and Sky handled it better.

Costello and Ch9 hosted $10,000 per head Liberal fund raising dinner so chances are he is still onside with Morrison, rather than Albanese and the Teal Independents :grinning:

All just assumptions tho.

Socials near on collapsed various sites with posters complaining that they couldn't get through and when they eventually did they couldn't register a vote for Albo. Then, just to test the veracity of that vid you put up, not having been able to vote for Albanese, they pressed the Morrison button and hey presto they got thru. People were expressing their doubts about the liklihood of that glitch happening with that outcome.

Many journalists, and even Laurie Oakes, was critical of the whole process on Ch9.

But who cares really. All a circus anyway.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And that’s exactly the problem with the world today: bleaters venting their spleens on sewer media and conspiracies start out of nowhere.

And when you’ve got lefties saying Sky did a better job - well - that’ll do me :tearsofjoy:.

At the end of the day it means nothing. The only measurement is what the punters say on 21 May.

No matter the result if any Australian suggests a fix was involved it’ll be a sad day for this country. Whatever happened to copping it on the chin?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And that’s exactly the problem with the world today: bleaters venting their spleens on sewer media and conspiracies start out of nowhere.

And when you’ve got lefties saying Sky did a better job - well - that’ll do me :tearsofjoy:.

At the end of the day it means nothing. The only measurement is what the punters say on 21 May.

No matter the result if any Australian suggests a fix was involved it’ll be a sad day for this country. Whatever happened to copping it on the chin?
It's rigged in favour of the person who gets the most votes, and that's cheating. It should be in favour of whoever wins the swimsuit contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.