News Up to $40m of talent will be up for grabs next week.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Up to $40m of talent will be up for grabs next week. Here’s where they could land

1603758964444.png

With the 2020 grand final behind us and a new premier crowned, attention will turn towards next season and beyond.
On November 1, a host of big-name stars will be allowed to open talks with rivals as clubs scramble to lock up talent whose contracts run out in 2021.

The Australian’s Brent Read crunched the numbers and revealed on Triple M that up to $40 million worth of talent will be available.

“I did the maths and around $35-40 million of players will be up for grabs,” he said.

So, who are some of the biggest names set to be up for grabs in the 2022 season and what is the early indication on where they will end up?

JOSH DUGAN

The Sharks have plenty of big-money decisions to make including on versatile outside back Dugan. The 30-year old is reported to be on $850,000 a year and offers plenty of experience along with the ability to play wing, centre and fullback. There has been no confirmation from Cronulla on whether they will keep Dugan on past 2021 but he is confident of securing a new deal. “I feel good – I’ve got one more year left on my contract and I’ve spoken to the club about maybe extending,” Dugan said last month. “We are going through that process now, so we just have to wait and see.”

MATT MOYLAN

The 29-year old enters the final year of his contract next season and The Daily Telegraph reported last month that the Sharks are looking to offload him. The fullback turned five-eighth is on $850,000 at Cronulla next season but has struggled to stay on the field due to lingering issues with his hamstring. William Kennedy has established himself as a more-than-capable replacement at the back and would be a cut-price option to free up money for the Sharks to wrap up Shaun Johnson, depending on how quickly he can return to form from an Achilles injury. The tough scenario facing Moylan if he is not re-signed by Cronulla is who would take a punt on him given his asking price and unfortunate history of injuries.

ASHLEY TAYLOR

The Gold Coast’s million-dollar man has started to live up to his lofty price tag this year playing alongside the consistent and composed Jamal Fogarty. The pair shape as a strong long-term partnership moving forward as key signings look to help lift the Titans back to finals contention. However, Taylor comes off-contract at the end of 2021. The Gold Coast are still in the market for a big-name hooker to round out their impressive team and if they want to spend big it may involve Taylor taking a pay cut. The skilful halfback seems to be on board with doing that though if it is what he must do to stay put. He told NRL.comthat he would “100 per cent” be happy to re-sign for less money. “I’d love to be part of the future going forward,” he added. It appears that he will be a Titan past 2021 if he sticks to his word given his improvement this year.

JAMES TEDESCO

There is no way the Roosters will let Tedesco go and they are expected to sort out contract negotiations shortly with the gun fullback currently wrapped up until the end of the 2021 season. Talks were initially put on hold until after the season finished and there have not been any developments since it was reported earlier in the morning by The Australian’s Brent Read that the length of the deal is the main sticking point. “The Roosters have put it on hold until after the season is over,” Read told Triple M’s Rush Hour with MG. “I think the Roosters will come to the party at three years and $3.3 million. They will get it done eventually, but they just have to wait until the end of the season to lock it away.”

SHAUN JOHNSON

Johnson picked up player of the year honours at the Sharks presentation night this season. He was easily their best in a mixed campaign for John Morris’ men with 23 try assists. Johnson’s future at Cronulla will likely depend on contract calls on a host of other big-money stars including Matt Moylan, Andrew Fifita and Josh Dugan, who are both understood to be earning more than $800,000 a year while Aaron Woods is also on around $600,000. The Sharks are determined to lock Johnson up before his contract runs out at the end of 2021 but are waiting until his rehabilitation is underway to start negotiations

JOSH ADDO-CARR

It is pretty much a sure thing now that Addo-Carr’s future will not be at Melbourne as he eyes a move to Sydney. The South Sydney Rabbitohs were in the race for his signature but now the Bulldogs and Tigers look to be in the box seat. “I think he’s going to the Canterbury Bulldogs,” Phil Rothfield told Big Sports Breakfast.“Wayne Bennett’s on record for saying he’s well-off for wingers and outside backs and I don’t think he’s keen on the Wests Tigers.” If a swap deal was made it likely would be with winger Reimis Smith who is understood to be the Bulldog offered up to Craig Bellamy. He would be the perfect candidate to improve under Bellamy’s tutelage.

MITCHELL PEARCE

There has been plenty of reporting around the future of Mitchell Pearce, who is off-contract at the end of 2021. The most recent news, however, suggests that he is very much in coach Adam O’Brien’s long-term plans and set to remain at the Hunter. “I’ve spoken to Adam O’Brien today, the Newcastle coach, and he said he has spoken to Mitchell several times this week and assured him he has a future at Newcastle,” The Australian’s Brent Read said on Triple M last week. “He’s as committed to Mitchell as Mitchell is committed to him.

“Pearce is getting ready to get married now and once he has sorted that stuff out and got that out of the way he will sit down with the club. Adam O’Brien is convinced they will get a deal done with Mitchell Pearce. “He’s got one year to go, they’ll extend it beyond that. He was stunned by the suggestions of Pearce being part of a swap with Mitchell Moses, that he might be going back to the Roosters. “Pearce doesn’t want to leave and Adam doesn’t want him to leave.”

JACK BIRD

Jack Bird is as unlucky as NRL players come when considering his horror run with injuries. He has managed just the 17 games from three seasons at Red Hill and is currently recovering from an ACL tear that brought an end to his 2020 campaign before it even began. The Bulldogs were reportedly interested in his services but with Addo-Carr in their sights and Cotric already wrapped up there won’t be much space in the outside backs even if Brisbane pay part of his salary. That is not even factoring in the money they are expected to put aside for Kyle Flanagan. A mooted return to the Dragons has also been reported with the Daily Telegraphnoting that “the Dragons offered up a figure and Brisbane laughed at them.” Bird on $975,000 and will struggle to find suitors given his hefty price tag and run of injuries. There is no doubt he would be forced to take a pay cut if he stayed at the Broncos but even that looks unlikely to happen. It would be a shame given how much he promised before injuries cruelled his chances to get back to his best.

JAHROME HUGHES

Hughes is off contract at the end of 2021 and his value is only set to rise with his grand-final appearance this week. The creative playmaker has improved dramatically this season to catch the eyes of a number of rival teams according to his manager. “Naturally, Jahrome is just thinking about the grand final this week,” his manager Chris Orr told Wide World of Sports. “After he has had a bit of a break we will think about 2022 and there will be no shortage of interest. He is happy at the Storm but you never know what will happen. Jahrome was great at fullback last season and has been even better at halfback - he is a special talent.” This is all agent talk for now but the Storm will have to deal with increased offers for Hughes once he is able to speak with rivals in November. What they have to their advantage is a clear spot for him in the starting side as part of a team that continues to sit up the top of the ladder. Unless he is offered ridiculous money, Hughes looks set to stay put.

MATT BURTON

The scintillating form of Jarome Luai means Burton, who is ready-made for NRL, may go looking for an opportunity elsewhere. Ivan Cleary has spoken about his desire to use Burton as a ball-playing forward, a plan he is committed to working on in the coming years. Burton is only still young and has plenty of time ahead of him. However, given his composed performances in first grade so far, the Bulldogs have already circled the Panthers youngster as a top target moving forward. They would be able to offer him a permanent starting spot and he could work under Trent Barrett so there would be some familiarity there. Burton is contracted until the end of 2021 and Penrith are understood to not want to let him leave early even if the Bulldogs can confirm his signature for 2022 onwards.

JAROME LUAI

Luai’s rise has been something special to hold this year. He has always had it in him, it was more so a case of needing a regular spot in the halves to press his claims as one of the best five-eighths in the league. Unfortunately for the Panthers, Luai’s irresistible form means plenty of teams will be sniffing around. What is working in their favour is Luai’s close relationship with halves partner Nathan Cleary, who he has played and trained with for eight years. Unless anything dramatic changes, Luai looks set to stay put. “I’ll look for Penrith to sign me, we’ll see how that goes,” he told NRL.com. “This is my home. It’s a childhood dream come true.

I want to be here for life.”

CAMERON MCINNES

McInnes is the heart and soul of the Dragons but still without a contract beyond 2021. Last month former Red V coach Paul McGregor warned the club would regret not moving fast to secure the tough hooker’s future. “The Dragons are lucky to have him, and my only hope is they do everything to keep him,” he told The Sydney Morning Herald. If he comes off contract there will be plenty of clubs after him.” Corey Norman and Ben Hunt are contracted until the end of 2021 and 2022 (with player option) respectively and taking up a fair chunk of the cap. The Dragons will do everything they can to keep a player of McInnes’ calibre given his obvious leadership qualities but how much they can offer him will depend on whether Norman’s contract is extended.

LATRELL MITCHELL

Latrell Mitchell is expected to stay at the Rabbitohs and is a priority signing moving forward. “He’s got next year at Redfern but I think you’ll find Souths have started talks on a two-year extension” The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie said on Sky Sports’Big Sports Breakfast. The issue though is the potential flow-on impact with James Roberts already reportedly on the outer having been told he is no longer required at the club. “They do have a surplus of outside backs though. Campbell Graham’s there, Corey Allan, Braidon Burns of course is not playing,” Ritchie added. “So it may mean there is a cull which obviously has to happen if you have a salary cap to adhere to. One name being mentioned is James Roberts. Souths no doubt will deny it but if Latrell is extended and there is big coin on offer, it may mean someone is squeezed out and perhaps James Roberts.” For the moment though all signs point to Mitchell signing a big-money extension to remain at Redfern as he continues his development at fullback.

ANGUS CRICHTON

The Roosters are in the midst of a salary cap squeeze - it is the reason they are trying to offload Kyle Flanagan early. It could also claim another victim in the form of second rower Angus Crichton. James Tedesco’s management is reportedly demanding $3.3 million over three years for the star fullback while the Roosters also were not banking on the Morris brothers and Jake Friend playing on. It leaves them with little room to move in the cap and Crichton coming off-contract at the end of next year. “There’s an interesting one with Angus Crichton emerging,” Danny Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast. “Angus is on big money next year. He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut. Whether he gets an offer to leave early I’m not sure. I thought he had a tremendous back half of the season and is worth big money but he won’t get that from 2022 onwards at the Roosters. He doesn’t want to leave but clubs may start coming and chasing him pretty hard.”

KYLE FLANAGAN

Flanagan is off-contract at the end of next year and reports suggest that the Roosters will announce his imminent departure to link up with the Bulldogs. Blake Green signed with the club a week before rupturing his ACL and the tip is that he is set to instead take up a role with the Newcastle Knights, leaving his vacant spot in the halves for Flanagan. The youngster would find the move to Belmore a relieving one given the Bulldogs wouldn’t have high expectations of immediate success, at least to the same extent as that at the Roosters.

PLAYERS OFF-CONTRACT END OF 2021 BY CLUB

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Jesse Arthars

Jack Bird

Xavier Coates

Tom Dearden

Tom Flegler

Alex Glenn

Anthony Milford

Corey Oates (one year player option)

Keenan Palasia

Kotoni Staggs (one year player option)

Jake Turpin (one year player option)

CANBERRA RAIDERS

Caleb Aekins

Emre Guler

Matt Frawley

Dunamis Lui

Harley Smith-Shields

Sia Soliola

Semi Valemei

Sam Williams

Hudson Young

CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Jake Averillo

Dean Britt

Christian Crichton

Blake Green

Will Hopoate

Sione Katoa

Lachlan Lewis

Jeremy Marshall-King

Nick Meaney

Dylan Napa

Ofahiki Ogden

Jayden Okunbor

Chris Smith

Reimis Smith

Renouf To’omaga

CRONULLA SHARKS

Josh Dugan

Mawene Hiroti

Shaun Johnson

Will Kennedy

Nene Macdonald

Billy Magoulias

Matt Moylan

Toby Rudolf

Siosifa Talakai

Chad Townsend (two year player option)

Connor Tracey

Aaron Woods

Bronson Xerri

GOLD COAST TITANS

Erin Clark

Anthony Don

Darius Farmer

Patrick Herbert

Brian Kelly

Greg Leleisiuao

Tyrone Peachey

Jonus Pearson

Kevin Proctor

Mitch Rein

Ash Taylor

Jai Whitbread

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Morgan Boyle

Lachlan Croker

Manase Fainu

Tevita Funa

Reuben Garrick

Jack Gosiewski

Haumole Olakau’atau (1 year club option)

Brad Parker

Toafofoa Sipley

Curtis Sironen

Jorge Taufua

Dylan Walker

MELBOURNE STORM

Josh Addo-Carr

Dale Finucane

Jahrome Hughes

Nicho Hynes

Ryley Jacks

Felise Kaufusi (one year player option)

Max King

Brenko Lee

Isaac Lumelume

Aaron Pene

Darryn Schonig

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Phoenix Crossland

Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Tex Hoy

Hymel Hunt

Edrick Lee

Kurt Mann

Sione Mata’utia

Mitchell Pearce

Starford To’a

Enari Tuala

Connor Watson

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS

Bunty Afoa

Leeson Ah Mau

Josh Curran

Jackson Frei

Tohu Harris

Karl Lawton

Kodi Nikorima (one year player option)

Hayze Perham

Adam Pompey

Jazz Tevaga

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Jake Clifford

Scott Drinwkater

Jake Granville

Corey Jensen

Connelly Lemuelu

Francis Molo

Justin O’Neill

Tukimihia Simpkins

Murray Taulagi

PARRAMATTA EELS

Daniel Alvaro

Nathan Brown

Haze Dunster

Blake Ferguson

Samuel Hughes

Michael Jennings (one year player option)

Joey Lussick

Ryan Matterson (one year player option)

Mitchell Moses (one year player option)

Tom Opacic

Jordan Rankin

Maika Sivo

PENRITH PANTHERS

Matt Burton

Kurt Capewell

Stephen Crichton

Mitch Kenny

Spencer Leniu

Jarome Luai

Josh Mansour

Brent Naden

Zane Tetevano (one year club option)

Dean Whare (one year mutual option)

Isaah Yeo

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Eddie Blacker

Billy Brittain

Matt Dufty

Tyrell Fuimaono

Cameron McInnes

Trent Merrin

Corey Norman

Jordan Pereira

Korbin Sims

Paul Vaughan (one year player option)

Brayden Wiliame

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Corey Allan

Braidon Burns

Josh Cook

Troy Dargan

Dane Gagai

Dean Hawkins

Keaon Koloamatangi

Patrick Mago

Steven Marsters

Latrell Mitchell

Mark Nicholls

Adam Reynolds

James Roberts

Bayley Sironen

Jaydn Su’a

Tevita Tatola

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Fletcher Baker

Egan Butcher

Angus Crichton

Kyle Flanagan

Isaac Liu

Billy Smith

James Tedesco

Christian Tuipolotu

Daniel Tupou

Sitili Tupouniua

Sam Verrills

WESTS TIGERS

Josh Aloiai

Shawn Blore

Michael Chee-Kam

Joey Leilua (one year club option)

Jacob Liddle

Thomas Mikaele

Zane Musgrove

David Nofoaluma

Russell Packer

Josh Reynolds

Billy Walters

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Averillo was signed til 22? Hopefully they're working on an extension for him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we were to sign JAC, Burton (not 100% needed now with Flanagan coming in, need a position for Averillo, Averillo could play fullback if we didn't sign JAC) and a hooker for 2021 I'd be looking at another centre to replace Hopoate, someone like Crichton or Staggs, and a prop like Leniu or Flegler just to upgrade that area in general for 2022. Someone like Xavier Coates (maybe JAC plays wing) would be good if we could move DWZ on early too. A lot of talent available for 2022 (this is like last October/November all over again...) but 2021 is the focus for me.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d be really really happy if we sign Flanagan and JAC for 2021 then burton and McInnes arrive in 2022. Not all the puzzle pieces have to arrive at once.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo is the only player in that list you'd offer an extension to right now, a couple you would want to see how they go while the rest you wouldn't even bother with.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every other club besides souffs has no more than 12 players off contract end of 2021, some of them have only 8 when you don't count player options. We have 15, and 14 of them played FG this season. Souffs have 16, but my count only 10 of them played FG this season.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Up to $40m of talent will be up for grabs next week. Here’s where they could land

View attachment 17881

With the 2020 grand final behind us and a new premier crowned, attention will turn towards next season and beyond.
On November 1, a host of big-name stars will be allowed to open talks with rivals as clubs scramble to lock up talent whose contracts run out in 2021.

The Australian’s Brent Read crunched the numbers and revealed on Triple M that up to $40 million worth of talent will be available.

“I did the maths and around $35-40 million of players will be up for grabs,” he said.

So, who are some of the biggest names set to be up for grabs in the 2022 season and what is the early indication on where they will end up?

JOSH DUGAN

The Sharks have plenty of big-money decisions to make including on versatile outside back Dugan. The 30-year old is reported to be on $850,000 a year and offers plenty of experience along with the ability to play wing, centre and fullback. There has been no confirmation from Cronulla on whether they will keep Dugan on past 2021 but he is confident of securing a new deal. “I feel good – I’ve got one more year left on my contract and I’ve spoken to the club about maybe extending,” Dugan said last month. “We are going through that process now, so we just have to wait and see.”

MATT MOYLAN

The 29-year old enters the final year of his contract next season and The Daily Telegraph reported last month that the Sharks are looking to offload him. The fullback turned five-eighth is on $850,000 at Cronulla next season but has struggled to stay on the field due to lingering issues with his hamstring. William Kennedy has established himself as a more-than-capable replacement at the back and would be a cut-price option to free up money for the Sharks to wrap up Shaun Johnson, depending on how quickly he can return to form from an Achilles injury. The tough scenario facing Moylan if he is not re-signed by Cronulla is who would take a punt on him given his asking price and unfortunate history of injuries.

ASHLEY TAYLOR

The Gold Coast’s million-dollar man has started to live up to his lofty price tag this year playing alongside the consistent and composed Jamal Fogarty. The pair shape as a strong long-term partnership moving forward as key signings look to help lift the Titans back to finals contention. However, Taylor comes off-contract at the end of 2021. The Gold Coast are still in the market for a big-name hooker to round out their impressive team and if they want to spend big it may involve Taylor taking a pay cut. The skilful halfback seems to be on board with doing that though if it is what he must do to stay put. He told NRL.comthat he would “100 per cent” be happy to re-sign for less money. “I’d love to be part of the future going forward,” he added. It appears that he will be a Titan past 2021 if he sticks to his word given his improvement this year.

JAMES TEDESCO

There is no way the Roosters will let Tedesco go and they are expected to sort out contract negotiations shortly with the gun fullback currently wrapped up until the end of the 2021 season. Talks were initially put on hold until after the season finished and there have not been any developments since it was reported earlier in the morning by The Australian’s Brent Read that the length of the deal is the main sticking point. “The Roosters have put it on hold until after the season is over,” Read told Triple M’s Rush Hour with MG. “I think the Roosters will come to the party at three years and $3.3 million. They will get it done eventually, but they just have to wait until the end of the season to lock it away.”

SHAUN JOHNSON

Johnson picked up player of the year honours at the Sharks presentation night this season. He was easily their best in a mixed campaign for John Morris’ men with 23 try assists. Johnson’s future at Cronulla will likely depend on contract calls on a host of other big-money stars including Matt Moylan, Andrew Fifita and Josh Dugan, who are both understood to be earning more than $800,000 a year while Aaron Woods is also on around $600,000. The Sharks are determined to lock Johnson up before his contract runs out at the end of 2021 but are waiting until his rehabilitation is underway to start negotiations

JOSH ADDO-CARR

It is pretty much a sure thing now that Addo-Carr’s future will not be at Melbourne as he eyes a move to Sydney. The South Sydney Rabbitohs were in the race for his signature but now the Bulldogs and Tigers look to be in the box seat. “I think he’s going to the Canterbury Bulldogs,” Phil Rothfield told Big Sports Breakfast.“Wayne Bennett’s on record for saying he’s well-off for wingers and outside backs and I don’t think he’s keen on the Wests Tigers.” If a swap deal was made it likely would be with winger Reimis Smith who is understood to be the Bulldog offered up to Craig Bellamy. He would be the perfect candidate to improve under Bellamy’s tutelage.

MITCHELL PEARCE

There has been plenty of reporting around the future of Mitchell Pearce, who is off-contract at the end of 2021. The most recent news, however, suggests that he is very much in coach Adam O’Brien’s long-term plans and set to remain at the Hunter. “I’ve spoken to Adam O’Brien today, the Newcastle coach, and he said he has spoken to Mitchell several times this week and assured him he has a future at Newcastle,” The Australian’s Brent Read said on Triple M last week. “He’s as committed to Mitchell as Mitchell is committed to him.

“Pearce is getting ready to get married now and once he has sorted that stuff out and got that out of the way he will sit down with the club. Adam O’Brien is convinced they will get a deal done with Mitchell Pearce. “He’s got one year to go, they’ll extend it beyond that. He was stunned by the suggestions of Pearce being part of a swap with Mitchell Moses, that he might be going back to the Roosters. “Pearce doesn’t want to leave and Adam doesn’t want him to leave.”

JACK BIRD

Jack Bird is as unlucky as NRL players come when considering his horror run with injuries. He has managed just the 17 games from three seasons at Red Hill and is currently recovering from an ACL tear that brought an end to his 2020 campaign before it even began. The Bulldogs were reportedly interested in his services but with Addo-Carr in their sights and Cotric already wrapped up there won’t be much space in the outside backs even if Brisbane pay part of his salary. That is not even factoring in the money they are expected to put aside for Kyle Flanagan. A mooted return to the Dragons has also been reported with the Daily Telegraphnoting that “the Dragons offered up a figure and Brisbane laughed at them.” Bird on $975,000 and will struggle to find suitors given his hefty price tag and run of injuries. There is no doubt he would be forced to take a pay cut if he stayed at the Broncos but even that looks unlikely to happen. It would be a shame given how much he promised before injuries cruelled his chances to get back to his best.

JAHROME HUGHES

Hughes is off contract at the end of 2021 and his value is only set to rise with his grand-final appearance this week. The creative playmaker has improved dramatically this season to catch the eyes of a number of rival teams according to his manager. “Naturally, Jahrome is just thinking about the grand final this week,” his manager Chris Orr told Wide World of Sports. “After he has had a bit of a break we will think about 2022 and there will be no shortage of interest. He is happy at the Storm but you never know what will happen. Jahrome was great at fullback last season and has been even better at halfback - he is a special talent.” This is all agent talk for now but the Storm will have to deal with increased offers for Hughes once he is able to speak with rivals in November. What they have to their advantage is a clear spot for him in the starting side as part of a team that continues to sit up the top of the ladder. Unless he is offered ridiculous money, Hughes looks set to stay put.

MATT BURTON

The scintillating form of Jarome Luai means Burton, who is ready-made for NRL, may go looking for an opportunity elsewhere. Ivan Cleary has spoken about his desire to use Burton as a ball-playing forward, a plan he is committed to working on in the coming years. Burton is only still young and has plenty of time ahead of him. However, given his composed performances in first grade so far, the Bulldogs have already circled the Panthers youngster as a top target moving forward. They would be able to offer him a permanent starting spot and he could work under Trent Barrett so there would be some familiarity there. Burton is contracted until the end of 2021 and Penrith are understood to not want to let him leave early even if the Bulldogs can confirm his signature for 2022 onwards.

JAROME LUAI

Luai’s rise has been something special to hold this year. He has always had it in him, it was more so a case of needing a regular spot in the halves to press his claims as one of the best five-eighths in the league. Unfortunately for the Panthers, Luai’s irresistible form means plenty of teams will be sniffing around. What is working in their favour is Luai’s close relationship with halves partner Nathan Cleary, who he has played and trained with for eight years. Unless anything dramatic changes, Luai looks set to stay put. “I’ll look for Penrith to sign me, we’ll see how that goes,” he told NRL.com. “This is my home. It’s a childhood dream come true.

I want to be here for life.”

CAMERON MCINNES

McInnes is the heart and soul of the Dragons but still without a contract beyond 2021. Last month former Red V coach Paul McGregor warned the club would regret not moving fast to secure the tough hooker’s future. “The Dragons are lucky to have him, and my only hope is they do everything to keep him,” he told The Sydney Morning Herald. If he comes off contract there will be plenty of clubs after him.” Corey Norman and Ben Hunt are contracted until the end of 2021 and 2022 (with player option) respectively and taking up a fair chunk of the cap. The Dragons will do everything they can to keep a player of McInnes’ calibre given his obvious leadership qualities but how much they can offer him will depend on whether Norman’s contract is extended.

LATRELL MITCHELL

Latrell Mitchell is expected to stay at the Rabbitohs and is a priority signing moving forward. “He’s got next year at Redfern but I think you’ll find Souths have started talks on a two-year extension” The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie said on Sky Sports’Big Sports Breakfast. The issue though is the potential flow-on impact with James Roberts already reportedly on the outer having been told he is no longer required at the club. “They do have a surplus of outside backs though. Campbell Graham’s there, Corey Allan, Braidon Burns of course is not playing,” Ritchie added. “So it may mean there is a cull which obviously has to happen if you have a salary cap to adhere to. One name being mentioned is James Roberts. Souths no doubt will deny it but if Latrell is extended and there is big coin on offer, it may mean someone is squeezed out and perhaps James Roberts.” For the moment though all signs point to Mitchell signing a big-money extension to remain at Redfern as he continues his development at fullback.

ANGUS CRICHTON

The Roosters are in the midst of a salary cap squeeze - it is the reason they are trying to offload Kyle Flanagan early. It could also claim another victim in the form of second rower Angus Crichton. James Tedesco’s management is reportedly demanding $3.3 million over three years for the star fullback while the Roosters also were not banking on the Morris brothers and Jake Friend playing on. It leaves them with little room to move in the cap and Crichton coming off-contract at the end of next year. “There’s an interesting one with Angus Crichton emerging,” Danny Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast. “Angus is on big money next year. He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut. Whether he gets an offer to leave early I’m not sure. I thought he had a tremendous back half of the season and is worth big money but he won’t get that from 2022 onwards at the Roosters. He doesn’t want to leave but clubs may start coming and chasing him pretty hard.”

KYLE FLANAGAN

Flanagan is off-contract at the end of next year and reports suggest that the Roosters will announce his imminent departure to link up with the Bulldogs. Blake Green signed with the club a week before rupturing his ACL and the tip is that he is set to instead take up a role with the Newcastle Knights, leaving his vacant spot in the halves for Flanagan. The youngster would find the move to Belmore a relieving one given the Bulldogs wouldn’t have high expectations of immediate success, at least to the same extent as that at the Roosters.

PLAYERS OFF-CONTRACT END OF 2021 BY CLUB

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Jesse Arthars

Jack Bird

Xavier Coates

Tom Dearden

Tom Flegler

Alex Glenn

Anthony Milford

Corey Oates (one year player option)

Keenan Palasia

Kotoni Staggs (one year player option)

Jake Turpin (one year player option)

CANBERRA RAIDERS

Caleb Aekins

Emre Guler

Matt Frawley

Dunamis Lui

Harley Smith-Shields

Sia Soliola

Semi Valemei

Sam Williams

Hudson Young

Jake Averillo

Dean Britt

Christian Crichton

Blake Green

Will Hopoate

Sione Katoa

Lachlan Lewis

Jeremy Marshall-King

Nick Meaney

Dylan Napa

Ofahiki Ogden

Jayden Okunbor

Chris Smith

Reimis Smith

Renouf To’omaga

CRONULLA SHARKS

Josh Dugan

Mawene Hiroti

Shaun Johnson

Will Kennedy

Nene Macdonald

Billy Magoulias

Matt Moylan

Toby Rudolf

Siosifa Talakai

Chad Townsend (two year player option)

Connor Tracey

Aaron Woods

Bronson Xerri

GOLD COAST TITANS

Erin Clark

Anthony Don

Darius Farmer

Patrick Herbert

Brian Kelly

Greg Leleisiuao

Tyrone Peachey

Jonus Pearson

Kevin Proctor

Mitch Rein

Ash Taylor

Jai Whitbread

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Morgan Boyle

Lachlan Croker

Manase Fainu

Tevita Funa

Reuben Garrick

Jack Gosiewski

Haumole Olakau’atau (1 year club option)

Brad Parker

Toafofoa Sipley

Curtis Sironen

Jorge Taufua

Dylan Walker

MELBOURNE STORM

Josh Addo-Carr

Dale Finucane

Jahrome Hughes

Nicho Hynes

Ryley Jacks

Felise Kaufusi (one year player option)

Max King

Brenko Lee

Isaac Lumelume

Aaron Pene

Darryn Schonig

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

Phoenix Crossland

Lachlan Fitzgibbon

Tex Hoy

Hymel Hunt

Edrick Lee

Kurt Mann

Sione Mata’utia

Mitchell Pearce

Starford To’a

Enari Tuala

Connor Watson

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS

Bunty Afoa

Leeson Ah Mau

Josh Curran

Jackson Frei

Tohu Harris

Karl Lawton

Kodi Nikorima (one year player option)

Hayze Perham

Adam Pompey

Jazz Tevaga

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS

Jake Clifford

Scott Drinwkater

Jake Granville

Corey Jensen

Connelly Lemuelu

Francis Molo

Justin O’Neill

Tukimihia Simpkins

Murray Taulagi

PARRAMATTA EELS

Daniel Alvaro

Nathan Brown

Haze Dunster

Blake Ferguson

Samuel Hughes

Michael Jennings (one year player option)

Joey Lussick

Ryan Matterson (one year player option)

Mitchell Moses (one year player option)

Tom Opacic

Jordan Rankin

Maika Sivo

PENRITH PANTHERS

Matt Burton

Kurt Capewell

Stephen Crichton

Mitch Kenny

Spencer Leniu

Jarome Luai

Josh Mansour

Brent Naden

Zane Tetevano (one year club option)

Dean Whare (one year mutual option)

Isaah Yeo

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS

Eddie Blacker

Billy Brittain

Matt Dufty

Tyrell Fuimaono

Cameron McInnes

Trent Merrin

Corey Norman

Jordan Pereira

Korbin Sims

Paul Vaughan (one year player option)

Brayden Wiliame

SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Corey Allan

Braidon Burns

Josh Cook

Troy Dargan

Dane Gagai

Dean Hawkins

Keaon Koloamatangi

Patrick Mago

Steven Marsters

Latrell Mitchell

Mark Nicholls

Adam Reynolds

James Roberts

Bayley Sironen

Jaydn Su’a

Tevita Tatola

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

Fletcher Baker

Egan Butcher

Angus Crichton

Kyle Flanagan

Isaac Liu

Billy Smith

James Tedesco

Christian Tuipolotu

Daniel Tupou

Sitili Tupouniua

Sam Verrills

WESTS TIGERS

Josh Aloiai

Shawn Blore

Michael Chee-Kam

Joey Leilua (one year club option)

Jacob Liddle

Thomas Mikaele

Zane Musgrove

David Nofoaluma

Russell Packer

Josh Reynolds

Billy Walters

shawn blore at the tigers, was signed from penrith this year. only 19 but unfortunately has had a few injuries. he was rated one of the best junours at penrith, he would be a sensational pick up but doubt tigers would let him go.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My opinion...

Jake Averillo - Keep

Dean Britt - Pass

Christian Crichton - Pass

Blake Green - N/A

Will Hopoate - Pass

Sione Katoa - Pass

Lachlan Lewis - FUCK OFF!

Jeremy Marshall-King - Pass

Nick Meaney - Meh

Dylan Napa - FUCK OFF!

Ofahiki Ogden - Keep

Jayden Okunbor - Meh

Chris Smith - Pass

Reimis Smith - Meh

Renouf To’omaga - Keep

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My opinion...

Jake Averillo - Keep

Dean Britt - Pass

Blake Green - N/A

Will Hopoate - Pass

Sione Katoa - Pass

Nick Meaney - Meh

Dylan Napa - FUCK OFF!

Ofahiki Ogden - Keep

Jayden Okunbor - Meh

Chris Smith - Pass

Reimis Smith - Meh

Renouf To’omaga - Keep
Chris smith has found form id keep him along with okunbor. Keep hoppa until we land a strike centre like staggs crighton or naden

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Chris smith has found form id keep him along with okunbor. Keep hoppa until we land a strike centre like staggs crighton or naden
I just wish Smith finds his Roosters form, agree that his form picked up towards the end of the season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My opinion...

Jake Averillo - Keep

Dean Britt - Pass

Blake Green - N/A

Will Hopoate - Pass

Sione Katoa - Pass

Nick Meaney - Meh

Dylan Napa - FUCK OFF!

Ofahiki Ogden - Keep

Jayden Okunbor - Meh

Chris Smith - Pass

Reimis Smith - Meh

Renouf To’omaga - Keep
Agree on all except Meaney is a good squad player that would be great to keep if he's happy to be reserve grade fullback... Could be a smokey for wing outside Cotric. Okunbur is good for metres but if we fix our middle third I don't think he's required because the rest of his game is poor especially defence. Most keen to get rid of Lewis and Napa

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just wish Smith finds his Roosters form, agree that his form picked up towards the end of the season.
He went well in the all stars game, got injured during the game, out all season and when he xame back and started at lock he killed it. Deserves a bench spot next year coming on when elliot needs a breather

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Averillo was signed til 22? Hopefully they're working on an extension for him.
This is the latest info I have on him. Not saying it hasn't been updated since.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My opinion...

Jake Averillo - Keep

Dean Britt - Pass

Blake Green - N/A

Will Hopoate - Pass

Sione Katoa - Pass

Nick Meaney - Meh

Dylan Napa - FUCK OFF!

Ofahiki Ogden - Keep

Jayden Okunbor - Meh

Chris Smith - Pass

Reimis Smith - Meh

Renouf To’omaga - Keep
I’d keep to’ Omaga and okonbur the rest can go that way the whole squad has been turned a lot of good players on the market next year

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't really heard much in the way of signings yet....is everyone waiting for Origin to be over before announcing trades/deals?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep probably agree with these, would be my suggestions as well.
Though prefer Naden early, Staggs to Crighton, just think he will come cheaper...toss a coin if its the same $$$

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My opinion...

Jake Averillo - Keep

Dean Britt - Pass

Blake Green - N/A

Will Hopoate - Pass

Sione Katoa - Pass

Nick Meaney - Meh

Dylan Napa - FUCK OFF!

Ofahiki Ogden - Keep

Jayden Okunbor - Meh

Chris Smith - Pass

Reimis Smith - Meh

Renouf To’omaga - Keep
Couldn’t have said it better :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mansour told he won't be first or second choice winger next year at Penrith. Had a cracker year, surely he'd be one we'd go after without breaking the bank.