Unpopular opinions you have

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I'm very curious what your unpopular opinions are in life?

I have a few.

- Donald Trump, for all his faults, is quite a clever guy and very intuitive at reading people and instinctual

- guys that like small tits are pedo scum or gay. You should be rocking at the sight of big DD's. If you are booking up with A cup mosquito bites and thin bodies, then you are attracted to the bodies of ten year old boys and you are not to be trusted.

- by the same token, boob jobs should be on Medicare (maybe this isn't so unpopular

- Hitler was a great politician

- if aliens invaded, they would be passionate lovers

- when people die and see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's a pussy and the hospital room of your next life, and you cry because you remember your old life but now you're a baby but it won't last.

Last edited:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

I'm very curious what your unpopular opinions are in life?

I have a few.

- Donald Trump, for all his faults, is quite a clever guy and very intuitive at reading people and instinctual

- guys that like small tits are pedo scum or gay. You should be rocking at the sight of big DD's. If you are booking up with A cup mosquito bites and thin bodies, then you are attracted to the bodies of ten year old boys and you are not to be trusted.

- by the same token, boob jobs should be on Medicare (maybe this isn't so unpopular

- Hitler was a great politician

- if aliens invaded, they would be passionate lovers

- when people die and see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's a pussy and the hospital room of your next life, and you cry because you remember your old life but now you're a baby but it won't last.
Ok here's my controversial views on your controversial views.. enjoy!

1. Yes trump is intelligent.
2. All breasts are a beautiful gift.
3. Non essential Cosmetic surgery should not be on Medicare
4. Hitler was a intelligent politician, his poor character stopped him from being a great politician.
5. Aliens don't exist
6. Reincarnation does not exist..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Militant Communism should not be in the free democratic state of NSW and if one person has to live under it then everyone has to live under the same laws then our freedom is diminished in an ugly precedent.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hitler was a good politician though. You don't get an entire country to mindlessly follow you while you attempt to eradicate an entire race without being a good politician.

Same reason Trump is a good politician. Doesn't make them good people or even intelligent. Just means that they're good at convincing people to follow them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hitler was a good politician though. You don't get an entire country to mindlessly follow you while you attempt to eradicate an entire race without being a good politician.

Same reason Trump is a good politician. Doesn't make them good people or even intelligent. Just means that they're good at convincing people to follow them.
A populist yes. A politician no.

Dont forget his brown shirts physically beat up their opponents and burnt buildings to ground.

I would hardly call that being a good politician.

And Germany's economic state at the time provided him the perfect environment for his populism

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A populist yes. A politician no.

Dont forget his brown shirts physically beat up their opponents and burnt buildings to ground.

I would hardly call that being a good politician.

And Germany's economic state at the time provided him the perfect environment for his populism
That's effectively what a good politician is. Politics isn't about good policy, or what you can do for the people. It's about how good you are at gaining power or staying in power under democratic rule. At least at the start he was a good politician 'cause he gave the people what they wanted. So when the night of long knives came along, they didn't rise up against him.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's effectively what a good politician is. Politics isn't about good policy, or what you can do for the people. It's about how good you are at gaining power or staying in power under democratic rule. At least at the start he was a good politician 'cause he gave the people what they wanted. So when the night of long knives came along, they didn't rise up against him.
Today yes that may be a politician, ie a mere bullshit populist looking to get elected. Back then it wasnt hacky.

And even then the depression played a massive part in giving hitler that power. His election results in the previous election were abysmal, wasnt it something like 3% of the vote.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Today yes that may be a politician, ie a mere bullshit populist looking to get elected. Back then it wasnt hacky.

And even then the depression played a massive part in giving hitler that power. His election results in the previous election were abysmal, wasnt it something like 3% of the vote.
Yep. But that's my point. He used a classical basic political tactic. The exact same tactic Trump used.

Hitler: "we're in depression because of our weak leadership and the Jews"

Trump: "our economy is collapsing because of our weak leadership and the immigrants"

It's a basic political tactic where you take an unknown (economic depression/downturn) and refocus the blame to an emeny (jews/immigrants/opposition)

An unknown enemy leads to anxiety which leads to fear and confusion. A known enemy leads to anger which leads to focused aggression.

It's a cheap tactic. There's two ways to win the people. By using hope and positivity. Or by using the above method. Obama lead through hope.

As much as I think the "Trump is Hitler" thing is a stupid meme. Trump used Hitler's playbook. He only stopped short of killing his opponents.

Sadly though, both strategies are good politics. The Hitler/Trump tactic possibly more so as it's easier to win the hearts and minds of the people.

It's even built into the dictionary definition of politics:

1) the activities associated with the governance of a country or area, especially the debate between parties having power

2) activities aimed at improving someone's status or increasing power within an organization

Politics unfortunately has nothing to do with being good for the people or the country. It's all about being the most popular so you can win. And it's one of the key problems in modern society.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Cross post from ghost thread;
I should add this to my unpopular opinion thread, but I truly believe Terminator 1 is superior to 2 and it isn't even close.

Terminator 2 feels like a cool slick action movie with big sfx and a lot of car chases and crashes.

Terminator 1 was almost like a thriller horror. A nightmare of a man stalking a girl that has no idea why and won't stop. And Kyle Reese was intense and tragic with all he had seen.

If there's anyone out there that agrees, I would recommend a movie called 'It follows' about a demon that keeps walking to you and kills you unless you walk away from it. Just slowly catches up to you, always walking in your direction. Actually really good too and eerily made. Closest thing to the terminator in concept I've seen.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree @Nasheed , the first Terminator movie is raw sci-fi..although it’s not as ‘flashy’ as it’s sequel, it’s story, the arc of its characters is much stronger and tighter.. What you say about Kyle is spot on. One great movie.

There are two big flaws in Judgement Day. One is metal was not able to go through time, That’s why Kyle couldn’t bring their sophisticated weapons, so how did the T 1000, which was liquid metal get through? Also why didn’t they send two T 1000 through time, rather than have an inferior model go first? And remember Skynet was destroyed, so all the Terminators had to go at the same time.. Without the sequel, there’s no need to answer this stuff, the questions don’t arise, the first movie does it all, and that’s why it’s better!

ps. I reckon the original Terminator was Yul Brynner in the 1973 classic sci-fi Westworld, check it out.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree @Nasheed , the first Terminator movie is raw sci-fi..although it’s not as ‘flashy’ as it’s sequel, it’s story, the arc of its characters is much stronger and tighter.. What you say about Kyle is spot on. One great movie.

There are two big flaws in Judgement Day. One is metal was not able to go through time, That’s why Kyle couldn’t bring their sophisticated weapons, so how did the T 1000, which was liquid metal get through? Also why didn’t they send two T 1000 through time, rather than have an inferior model go first? And remember Skynet was destroyed, so all the Terminators had to go at the same time.. Without the sequel, there’s no need to answer this stuff, the questions don’t arise, the first movie does it all, and that’s why it’s better!

ps. I reckon the original Terminator was Yul Brynner in the 1973 classic sci-fi Westworld, check it out.
Westworld is one of the all time classic movies

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Westworld is one of the all time classic movies
Totally agree..I just found this Hacky.. I honestly never Knew this about James Cameron and Westworld.. I just thought Brynner reminded me of the Terminator..

‘Director James Cameron is a huge fan of the Westworld movie. So much so, that the portrayal of robots in the movie inspired his depiction of robots, or cyborgs, in theTerminator films. In fact, James Cameron had actor Arnold Schwarzenegger watch Westworld prior to filming The Terminator and told him to model his performance on that of Yul Brynner, who played the malfunctioning robot known as The Gunslinger in the 1973 original. If you watch the original Westworld and then The Terminator, the similarities between how the robots behave is pretty clear and rather striking. They each have the same emotionless detachment and laser like focus on whatever task they happen to undertaking. The similarities are actually pretty eerie. Arnold Schwarzenegger was in talks to star in a remake of the film in 2007 before that deal fell apart.’

Check out this too where Arnold talks about the influence of your Brynner’s in Westworld on his acting as the terminator.. Although this time Arnie watched the film on his own accord..
Ps.. Also note O.J. Simpson was gonna be the terminator, which I knew but I heard they didn’t cast him because they thought people would think he was too nice! Lol

Last edited: