News UNLUCKY DOG TO BE DISCARDED

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of our other options are standing up this year, so lets release the only guy with a proven track record of getting some results (even last year with a half broken Foran and Wakeham).

I think he still offers something to the side, either at hooker, lock, or in the halves in 2022.

Doesn't make sense to retain shittier options.
At least Lewis gives 100% every game and compared to Flanagan/Wakeham who are both rubbish I would keep Lewis for another season.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Lewis plays good for the rest of this year and proves he should be our starting half ahead of the other contenders then the club will definitely find room for him. Move Flanagan on for whatever we can get if that's what it takes. If another club takes Flanagan for even 200K we could offer 200K to Lewis. Don't be surprised if Lewis plays well though and some other club comes in to make him an offer a bit better than ours or before ours.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of our other options are standing up this year, so lets release the only guy with a proven track record of getting some results (even last year with a half broken Foran and Wakeham).

I think he still offers something to the side, either at hooker, lock, or in the halves in 2022.

Doesn't make sense to retain shittier options.
Yes Lewis aint great but he's definitely a better option than Wakeham or Flanagan and I'd say Averillo also (in the halves).

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
At least Lewis gives 100% every game and compared to Flanagan/Wakeham who are both rubbish I would keep Lewis for another season.
agree Lewis does try hard but the skill level is not in him at NRL level.
He will be a good player at Intrust or Canterbury Cup level.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me, it’s the fact he’s still the exact same player he was from game 1 to game through to game 40 now over 3-4 seasons. We know what he is now. He’s got a decent long kicking game, can make a 1:1 tackle, and every 5 games make a play that leads to points.
He doesn’t take on the line enough or have any speed for a running game, can’t pass right-to-left but plays on the left edge, doesn’t put his strike players in a position to make a break. He’s just bang average.
He may have a higher floor than an Averillo/ Wakeham, but he’s got a much lower ceiling for what we need from our halves.
That said, he’s never had an opportunity to play behind a forward pack that is on the front foot, so watch him carve up at a Panthers/ Roosters/ Storm.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's not as if our club has shown any form of coaching ability towards any of the halves we have. From Pay to Tbaz none have improved any of their skill set. Each of them have been left to their own devices and here we are swapping them all out week to week. What a fuk fight!

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Will get picked up by another club.... Canberra maybe or I think Bellamy would be able to make a regular first grader outta him if he ended up ay melbourne

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope he goes somewhere better than tge dogs. And lives up to his Hype. Then goes on to play SOO.
He will never does this at the Dogs.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He certainly has had a lot of opportunities to cement a first grade spot,but the reality is he may have left his run too late.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis never kicked on, had too much hype but never delivered. With Dylan Brown off contract at the end of next year at Parra we would be crazy if we didnt reach out to his management come November. Brown & Burton in the halves would be an exciting combination to watch. Downside is we would have to wait until 2023 for this to happen.

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have always said he has a go can be up and down. I think he will be picked up by another team might not be for halves but could be a centre unfortunately we can’t fit him in but if he goes flank and wakeham will have to follow. If they stay ima gunna be confused.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he still has something to offer in the NRL, it's just not as a first grade half.

I think he's best bet would be try his hand as a back rower, and if he can't lock in a starting spot anywhere he just might be a handy bench player for somone.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury playmaker Lachlan Lewis looks set to be cast aside by the Bulldogs.
The 24-year-old, who is the nephew of rugby league royalty Wally Lewis, played one of his best NRL games on Saturday when he starred in a narrow loss to the Roosters.

Lewis scored two first-half tries after being called into the side at the expense of battling No.7 Kyle Flanagan.

But Wide World of Sportsreports Lewis won’t be offered a new deal at Belmore when his contract runs out in October.

He’s played only three NRL games this season, and played 13 last year, having struggled badly to retain a place in the team.

The Bulldogs have Matt Burton coming to the club, and now it’s up to coach Trent Barrett to decide who partners Burton in the halves.

If Lewis leaves it will be a battle between Flanagan, Jake Averillo, and Brandon Wakeham for the role.
Unlucky..........? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Aren't these the same people, the media that made a joke out of us and his inability to execute a pass or control a game !
I would like to add, if the rest of the team had his attitude, we would make the 8 !!!

Last edited: