United Australia Party

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Natboy. iether you replied to the wrong post or your dunk.

Not sure who I was defending?

I have done the research. and from that I understood is that only Labour or Liberal Parties can be in in power of leadership.
No mate I wasn’t having a go at you, just answering you and explaining the sad position others have taken in defending the indefensible and yes I can dunk :grinning:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Basically another Nationalist Conservative party lead by crazy conspiracy theorists. Most of their policies revolve around making mining billionaires richer. Abolishing mining taxes, putting in climate targets that they never have to meet, stopping most immigration (including preventing refugees from entering Australian waters even if it means death)
To fuck with this **** then is what I say Hacky. Australia can and should do better

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be just thankful that this current government gave you an opportunity to get double vaxxed.
Thanks again for the turn around and trying to get the country moving.
* note people if AlzzBulldog one of the biggest conspiracy theorists and anti covid vaccine can change his tune and go out and get vaxxed we all can.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Before anyone gets lathered up about an ‘alternative’ - no minor party will ever have enough seats to form even a minority government and they simply flow their preferences to one of the majors who ‘accommodate’ their ‘policies’ more than the other. It’s always about a deal - Gillard holding onto power in 2010 with the independents on the crossbench or Turnbull dealing with One Nation in 2016 because he fell over the line by one seat. Anyone thinking that a minor party is a genuine alternative will be very disappointed. See also the Australian Democrats - the most successful at holding the balance of power until they too flamed out.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Natboy. iether you replied to the wrong post or your dunk.

Not sure who I was defending?

I have done the research. and from that I understood is that only Labour or Liberal Parties can be in in power of leadership.
That's Labor, not Labour - and you are correct; no party can get into office without an alliance with one or the other majors - even the Liberals need the Nationals to win. Labor is the only party that has governed in its own right.

The Palmer UAP is an extremist party that appeals to conspiracy theorists and reality denialists - it will be a vote catcher for the Liberals at best.
To win outright, the UAP would need 51% of all votes. That is impossible for a niche party.

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The United Australia Party has gained 30,000 members in just 10 days and are just getting started… they are gunning for the federal election
Everyone is sick of the corrupt liberal and labor parties
30,000 members? I'd check the source for those figures.
If it's from the UAP website, I'd treat it very sceptically.
Palmer has habit of overstating things.
With Craig Kelly heading the UAP, the party's motivation is clear; it wants to capture votes from the LNP. But, they are extreme anti-Labor, anti-Greens, anti-climate change, and anti-science, so their preferences will go back to the LNP anyway.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If you vote for the United Australia Party, your voting rights should be revoked.
Is it any wonder we lament the standard of politician we get.

When this guy can still linger around after all the dodgy deals, money owed and ripping off of workers, and suing States, and they can still find Australians to vote for them.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
its great they have a party but it meass squat really.
the way I understand it is.
Australia is a 2 party perferred set up.
this means there will only ever be the Liberal party or labour party as leading parties.
for this set up to change there would need to be a referendum?

if I am incorrect in my understanding please help with corrections.
also for this to change both labor and liberal can become goons for pfizer, turn evil and australians are so pissed off that they choose someone else that gets into the top 2 and win the election despite labor and coalition preferring each other to save the old firm

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If these shit ***** get into power they will be exactly like the other two shit *****

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
If these shit ***** get into power they will be exactly like the other two shit *****
except that they will give the people the ivermectin, covid is knocked out completely like what happened in those parts of india and around the world, then at the next election australia can let back in the major parties who can no longer lockdown the country or force people to take the vaccine that doesn't work