Underrated Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theres alot of underrated players in the NRL

But a few that have stood out for me starting with the most impressive :

1) Jayden Brailey - hooker at Sharks. Only 22 years old! The job hes doing at Cronulla is phenomonal especially considering his age.

His defence is strong. His passing game is crisp. The ball goes where its meant to. He directs the team around the park very well and nearly always takes the right option of who to pass to, when to run & even puts in an effective kick when needed.

Hes clearly getting coaching from Ennis, another reason why hanging onto Ennis for us would have been so useful.

Im just totally impressed with this kid. To play in a position like hooker at such a young age in the middle of it all , he isnt a big kid is super impressive.

2) Brimson - Titans 5/8. Been impressed with him since he made his debut this year. His job isnt too complicated with Taylor organising things, his role is more of a running / passing game, but hes done well nonetheless since debuting this year.

3) Hetherington - Panthers 2nd Row. He doesnt get a run very often, and they have many very good forwards, but this kid would be a great buy. Very tough & aggressive strong and mobile. The sort of player we should look at signing if we are looking at cheapies and players with potential.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're not underrated though...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Brailey was getting coached by Ennis, he'd sit around talking shit 24/7. Brailey was a gun coming through the grades from an early age.

Brimson (and brace yourself), was off contract an available a few months ago. Instead we signed Cogger. Brimson though has always been a fullback coming through (and a darn good one).

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have the best underrated players surely...

Lichaa to top the list but do not forget Montoya a close 2nd...

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness I think the following 2 players are very underrated:

Corey Thompson
Isaah Yeo

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres alot of underrated players in the NRL

But a few that have stood out for me starting with the most impressive :

1) Jayden Brailey - hooker at Sharks. Only 22 years old! The job hes doing at Cronulla is phenomonal especially considering his age.

His defence is strong. His passing game is crisp. The ball goes where its meant to. He directs the team around the park very well and nearly always takes the right option of who to pass to, when to run & even puts in an effective kick when needed.

Hes clearly getting coaching from Ennis, another reason why hanging onto Ennis for us would have been so useful.

Im just totally impressed with this kid. To play in a position like hooker at such a young age in the middle of it all , he isnt a big kid is super impressive.

2) Brimson - Titans 5/8. Been impressed with him since he made his debut this year. His job isnt too complicated with Taylor organising things, his role is more of a running / passing game, but hes done well nonetheless since debuting this year.

3) Hetherington - Panthers 2nd Row. He doesnt get a run very often, and they have many very good forwards, but this kid would be a great buy. Very tough & aggressive strong and mobile. The sort of player we should look at signing if we are looking at cheapies and players with potential.
Does this mean that lichaa was touted as their hooker to take over before they signed Ennis? Pretty sure Flanagan was dirty with lichaa for that reason, which means even tho he was young potentially we could of nabbed Brailey instead of lichaa

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty the game has loads of players that deserve a shot. The trick is to make the club an attractive prospect for the ones that have gotten impatient. Between now and the end of the season the club should inquire with player managers to see which of the under contract players want out to increase their promotion prospects. I'm guessing this offseason will see a lot of clubs moving players on to adjust the balance of their top 30. As youngsters mature many clubs will look to promote their emerging talent or open up slots for players they sign. If the club remains patient they could do really well with signings through this period.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Brailey was getting coached by Ennis, he'd sit around talking shit 24/7. Brailey was a gun coming through the grades from an early age.

Brimson (and brace yourself), was off contract an available a few months ago. Instead we signed Cogger. Brimson though has always been a fullback coming through (and a darn good one).
Lichaa was a bigger gun coming through the grades compared to Brailey. . I know who id prefer

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like hetherihgton. He looks like he could be big enough for prop? Would be good off the bench instead of Fualalo who is running out of time to make a mark

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rwally like the look of AJ Brimson.. its only his first year and everyone baulka at paying overs but if I was invhargw at a club with cap space I wouls throw 400K season at him no second thoughts

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness I think the following 2 players are very underrated:

Corey Thompson
Isaah Yeo
Great call man yeo is my cousin very proud of him i never thought he would turn out this good. Consistently there best and just seems to keep on improving. Issah yeo for mine.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great call man yeo is my cousin very proud of him i never thought he would turn out this good. Consistently there best and just seems to keep on improving. Issah yeo for mine.
Can you convince him to join the Dogs

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Il add Brandon Smith from storm to the list.. plays like a little Bulldog reminds me a bit of Joel Romelo both physically and his playing style

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the logic by calling Brailey underrated? He’s one of if not the youngest starting hooker in the league. If he was stuck playing 15 mins off the bench or in NSW Cup then I’d agree.
I think guys who are clearly above NSW Cup level but can’t get a consistent first grade gig are underrated. So players like May, Luai & Lino

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t really understand the logic by calling Brailey underrated? He’s one of if not the youngest starting hooker in the league. If he was stuck playing 15 mins off the bench or in NSW Cup then I’d agree.
I think guys who are clearly above NSW Cup level but can’t get a consistent first grade gig are underrated. So players like May, Luai & Lino
Like i said at the top of the thread, none of these players are underrated and are all highly rated lol.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like i said at the top of the thread, none of these players are underrated and are all highly rated lol.
Oooooooh your so fucking clever. Did u ever think people have different oppinions. Hence each individual would rate every footballer different to others. So go fuck off and do something useful in your life for once. Id love to take u to training marley so u can show me and the boys your bright footballing tactics as well. Hell if its that easy maybe u could join in and show us.............. now that would be lol......

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I decided to name who i think is the most underrated player in each team.

Broncos - Glenn (seasoned veteran who gives his all every time he takes the field and doesn't get the wraps he deserves imo)
Bulldogs - Elliot (love him or hate him... he has passion and plays above his weight)
Cowboys - Hampton (quite a good player imo, just a victim of his versatility)
Dragons - Mann (much like Hampton, victim of versatility and also shit coaching from McGregor, needs to be given a position and stay there)
Eels - Terepo (lots of untapped potential in this guy, could well improve drastically at another club if given a starting role)
Knights - D.Saifiti (knights don't have a lot of grunt up front and this kid has shouldered alot of the load for years now)
Panthers - Yeo (perhaps one of the most under-rated here, runs a good line and does a lot of dirty work)
Rabbits - Murray (hard to pick as he's rated...went with him because he's good enough to start, they should just play S.Burgess up front to accomodate him)
Raiders - Bateman (old school type player, will do whatever he can for his team)
Roosters - Aubusson (mr fix it, always plugging holes for the Roosters, great defensive technique and runs a good line)
Sea Eagles - None TBH haha. I think Brian Kelly could shine in a better system though
Sharks - Townsend (was somewhat a passenger in sharks GF win, but this season he's controlled his team quite well, kicking game has been solid)
Storm - Welch (like this guys style, solid replacement front rower)
Tigers - Thompson (they miss tubbs, i think his energy and enthusium was far better for the team then what Mbye currently offers)
Titans - Don (not many people see the Titans backs as a threat and a lot of teams try to just run around them, the old Don has none of this and consistently holds his own)
Warriors - Papali'i (don't here many people talk about this kid, very young and is putting up some good numbers consistantly)

Status
Not open for further replies.