Under paying workers

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah see again my skepticism hairs raise as I see that structure as a deliberate complicated mechanism in order to protect the CEO from blame should shit go balls up. But I don't want to rehash this again.

I see the CEO of a company as ultimately responsible for what occurs in that company. That's their role, that's their skill base, that's their responsibility.
Agree.

But there are degrees of culpability.

The relevant questions are:

- How many employees were under paid
- By how much was each employee under paid (in many cases it is simply a few hundred dollars over the period of a year or even longer)
- What was the root cause?
- Was the root case an innocent over sight or a deliverate attempt to under pay?
- Should the CEO and other executives have reasonably been aware of the problem?

Also I would add to this and say that you can look at the structure of corporates in a positive way - these big organisations create jobs for mums and dads and 'ordinary people' that help them pay their mortgages etc.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Managed to track down an image of the CEO
coles.jpg

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They didn't stuff the price of food up, how could they skim wages accidentally?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i was working at Woolies, their was a husband and wife who worked in the bakery there. Anyhow, long story short they got busted having a shag in there one day.
What’s the world coming to when you can’t ‘empty your bag’ into the missus at work.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
How come we don't hear about companies accidentally over paying their employees by millions of dollars?
Funny that hey...and they can't keep up with all the Awards...we do have a magical thing called a phone nowadays to ring Statuatory bodies and ask for the correct pay rates.