under Des... we are the Conservative Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
always been a fan of Des, but i'm starting to wonder if he is the right coach for the bulldogs.

with Tolman being out the last couple of games, some of the questions i had have been answered.
one of our signatures in recent times has been the one out front row hit up on the 4th tackle. I've always wondered if it was a case of Tolman getting in the way, or he was just doing what was instructed.

last night Graham took a hit up on the 4th when we were right in front of the roosters tryline, it was so robotic and automated, it was clear that this is part of our structure, so i can't blame Tolman, he's just doing what he is coached to do. this is such a negative play.

tackles 1,2, 3 hit it up hard and set a platform to attack on 4, with a fast play the ball on 3. instead, we submit with a soft cart up, one off the ruck on 4 - all in the name of dominating possession.

how are are halves expected to develop and get better if they aren't given the chance to attack. i wish Des would let the halves off the leash and just let them play some footy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People have to understand that Des is an egomaniac and a control freak.

Any game plans, or lack there off, is his fault.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a mod please make a super sack hasler rubbish thread and merge it all into one place

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Can a mod please make a super sack hasler rubbish thread and merge it all into one place
and dont use my sack hasler thread of 2013 as the mothership thread, that kept coming up anytime somebody had a problem with des and i kept getting abused for it ffs

R0CKY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He took us to 2 gf in 3 years plz stfu about des being the wrong coach

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He took us to 2 gf in 3 years plz stfu about des being the wrong coach
Its more so that with our roster, facilities and etc that we are not getting the results we should now its either the players or their coach telling them what to do.

FattyMcLarge

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He's the right coach for the job. 2 out of 3 grand finals. Achievement is there without a super star playmaker.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler has won NOTHING!! Been here 4 years and we are still mediocre. We still play the same tactics as 2012. He is a 1 trick pony.
This is his squad. His choices. His players. His recruitment, his tactics, so don't give me bs excuses about poor halves etc
He was out coached in 2 Grand finals by better coaches Bellamy and Mcguire.
Our attack structure is so poor and predictable. There is no variance and our players suffer for it.
Yes we made 2 grand finals but we won absolutely nothing, zero zilch, accepting 2nd best is for losers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hasler has won NOTHING!! Been here 4 years and we are still mediocre. We still play the same tactics as 2012. He is a 1 trick pony.
This is his squad. His choices. His players. His recruitment, his tactics, so don't give me bs excuses about poor halves etc
He was out coached in 2 Grand finals by better coaches Bellamy and Mcguire.
Our attack structure is so poor and predictable. There is no variance and our players suffer for it.
Yes we made 2 grand finals but we won absolutely nothing, zero zilch, accepting 2nd best is for losers.
Mate im beyond frustrated how I see things this year , and do question our coaches and players style .knowing we got a team that can fire up and have a go makes it even more frustrating.
But a m.p. and 2 grandfinal apperances in a couple of years is a pretty good achievement. And there would be a ton of teams praying they could have what we have.
If somehow we go all the way this year our record becomes very impressive.
But yes I do agree with most of your points and coming on 11 seasons with out the big one I guess we all have a right to be absolutely filthy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the longest time we have had to wait for a premiership since 1980.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I copped grief from one and all a few years back when i dare question Hasler as a Bulldogs coach and what he will do to our club....well here we are and i read with interest but as sure as the sun shines tomorrow on another day our team will again produce about 10 minutes of brilliance in a game and the message will come out via the trainer....5 hit ups and kick, thats it!....BORING!!!.and inaffective of course....its not worth making grand finals if you cant win em too...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is the longest time we have had to wait for a premiership since 1980.
It's a disgrace and unacceptable. It's all I think about after every repetitive, mind-numbing loss.

I could handle being last as long as they played hard and gave young kids a chance. I can handle being mediocre and a fringe first grade team as long as they made changes and didn't just accept that playing the same way, with the same underperforming players and combinations will somehow yield different results.

It's clear that Des is at fault for our lack of progress. I've always been a supporter of his and his accomplishments would be miraculous at any other club. At Canterbury, they're impressive but this club has always been about winning premierships, not losing Grand Finals.

There is a distinction. Cronulla and Parra fans would take a Grand Final losing season as a success. But coming second is harder to swallow than coming last. And right now, this team isn't much better or many wins ahead of last. So the fact remains, we're still just as far off a Premiership than we were when Des first took over.

The team is regressing and players don't get dropped, no matter how poorly they perform. The tactics remain the same when they've been figured out. The players never get the lashing in the media they deserve week in week out and it's unacceptable.

This avatar of mine is what I chose recently because I forgot, as a lifelong Canterbury fan accustomed to success, what it was like to enjoy success.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I too hate des coaching style, game plan or lack of and our negative style of footy, but I can give you the name of 12 nrl coaches who would love to have what des has achieved in last 3 years with the roster, suspensions, disruptions and injuries to the players he had.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People here are so dumb. Because we have a successful coach and a nice gym it automatically means we should win the competition every year.
like winning the comp every year since 2004 with the roster we have had......

Status
Not open for further replies.