Ultimate Goal of Vegans/Vegetarians?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it to turn the whole world into a vegan/vegetarian and have us eat inferior meat substitutes that are drowned in some shtty sauce that tastes like plastic?

Seriously, though. I respect the idea behind it but to me vegetarianism is like communism. Sounds like a good idea but in reality, it doesn't work. I mean what is achieved if you don't buy and eat that steak from Woolies? Are Woolies going to order less beef and have less cows killed? Is the goal to minimise the death of animals or to have it completely stopped eventually? Or both?

The choices of not buying that steak are: buy and eat the steak and possibly enjoy it or don't buy that steak and have it be thrown away. Then the animal died for literally nothing. Which is worse?

Vegos, help me out here.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it to turn the whole world into a vegan/vegetarian and have us eat inferior meat substitutes that are drowned in some shtty sauce that tastes like plastic?

Seriously, though. I respect the idea behind it but to me vegetarianism is like communism. Sounds like a good idea but in reality, it doesn't work. I mean what is achieved if you don't buy and eat that steak from Woolies? Are Woolies going to order less beef and have less cows killed? Is the goal to minimise the death of animals or to have it completely stopped eventually? Or both?

The choices of not buying that steak are: buy and eat the steak and possibly enjoy it or don't buy that steak and have it be thrown away. Then the animal died for literally nothing. Which is worse?

Vegos, help me out here.
thou shall not kill...... this includes all animals, fish, birds and humanbeings.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of those vegan/vegetarian chicks are hot/stunning, I have no problem with them.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Militant vegans are self-absorbed @rseholes who look down on others who don't subscribe to their views.

Get off yourself f*ckheads ... you're worshiping carrots FFS !

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're born with canine teeth. For tearing flesh. If we were supposed to be vego's we'd only have those shitty molars, for grinding like a brontosaurus.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a large community turns veggo then there's less demand so there becomes less supply. In a vegetarian mindset this means less cruelty to animals and to a certain part they are right, but a single vegetarian is a drop in the ocean. 500 vegetarians means a few less cows killed, a few less cows born.

The other side of the coin is that you are taking away from the reputable farmers. A person who becomes a vegetarian because of cruelty to animals is a person who would otherwise be buying free range eggs, pork, beef, etc. Fact is that free range costs more. For each person that takes the step from buying free range to not eating meat at all is another shot to the free range market. It's the reason why RSPCA approved farming is so uncommon. It's just too expensive to maintain.

This is why factory farms still exist, why battery hens are legal in many areas and why it's still legal for a chicken to live it's entire life in a cage, to have it's beak removed and end up dying from the stress and pain. Why we still have live exports even though hundreds of thousands of animals die from stress, pain, heat, etc every year during the export process.

It's legal because it's cost effective.

If you want to stop cruelty to animals then you must make free range farming a cost effective option and the only way to do this is to only buy free range. Vegetarians of the world unite and Eat MEAT!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why are a lot of them fat? It intrigues me
An old ex-girlfriend of mine was a vego. She wasn't fat by any margin but thought she was. She asked me once "Why do I keep gaining weight? I became a vegetarian to lose weight". She asked this while eating an eggplant parmigiana covered in extra cheese and oil.

Meat may be high in calories but it's a lot less fattening than artificial fats and sugars.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
An old ex-girlfriend of mine was a vego. She wasn't fat by any margin but thought she was. She asked me once "Why do I keep gaining weight? I became a vegetarian to lose weight". She asked this while eating an eggplant parmigiana covered in extra cheese and oil.

Meat may be high in calories but it's a lot less fattening than artificial fats and sugars.
But was she hot?

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
We're born with canine teeth. For tearing flesh. If we were supposed to be vego's we'd only have those shitty molars, for grinding like a brontosaurus.
Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure Gorillas have teeth to eat meat but are herbivores? Which means your argument isn't too strong.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but I am sure Gorillas have teeth to eat meat but are herbivores? Which means your argument isn't too strong.
Uhh no. Gorillas are predominately herbivores but have been known to supplement their diet with mat (oops meat) and also use their teeth in defence, to tear flesh.

Last edited by a moderator:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I only know a few vegos and vegans. Their reasons for being so are varies. None have ever had a go at my about my meat eating ways. On the contrary, they often will make sure I am accommodated when I am their place for dinner etc.

If a vego ate a lot of carbs in the form of bread etc... They can definitely be fat.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

N

Natboy

Hahaha that's funny mate. Half of the vegans I know look like that singer the gossip View attachment 21121

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
vegans annoy me,
Sorry to any vegans who might read this, I respect your right to chose what you eat, and as such I expect you to respect my food choices.

Now that I have the politics out of the way, I will state my firm opinion on this matter.

First of all, there are many living creatures on this planet the kill other living creatures for the purpose of survival.
Now I am totally against the reckless slaughter of animal species to the point of extinction or population danger.

That being said, I find it impossible to see how anyone would have an issue with the responsible, and planned renewable meat like cows, pigs, chickens and the like.
As long as the farming practice and killing process is done in the best possible way, Let me make the point I am totally against cruelty to animals.
But there are farming methods and killing methods that are not in human to animals.

Ok, next point.

dietary requirements,
Human's are scientifically proven to require a balanced diet of the 5 food groups, including iron and meat products.
I know there are iron supplements and vegetable equivalents blah blah blah.

I could go on and on, My lunch break is finished, so I rushed this, but you all get my point.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Plants are living creatures, the reproduce, they grow, they fall sick, they die, some of them even eat other living things like insects and some little birds.

Vegeterians kills millions of bacterias (living things) when every breath.

Sorry but Vegeterians are hypocrites. period!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
vegans annoy me,
Sorry to any vegans who might read this, I respect your right to chose what you eat, and as such I expect you to respect my food choices.

Now that I have the politics out of the way, I will state my firm opinion on this matter.

First of all, there are many living creatures on this planet the kill other living creatures for the purpose of survival.
Now I am totally against the reckless slaughter of animal species to the point of extinction or population danger.

That being said, I find it impossible to see how anyone would have an issue with the responsible, and planned renewable meat like cows, pigs, chickens and the like.
As long as the farming practice and killing process is done in the best possible way, Let me make the point I am totally against cruelty to animals.
But there are farming methods and killing methods that are not in human to animals.

Ok, next point.

dietary requirements,
Human's are scientifically proven to require a balanced diet of the 5 food groups, including iron and meat products.
I know there are iron supplements and vegetable equivalents blah blah blah.

I could go on and on, My lunch break is finished, so I rushed this, but you all get my point.
Pretty well said, they can learn to respect others as others respect them. I have no problems with what people eat aslong as it isn't taboo or morally wrong.

We humans are use to eating meat ever since our oldest species started to and we need it. Meat provides us with natural proteins, iron and salts our bodies need to function well. I have noticed some vegans are weak and need to take supplements to make up for this and herbivores (vegetarian animals) usually need salt licks to solve that issue aswell.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Militant vegans are self-absorbed @rseholes who look down on others who don't subscribe to their views.

Get off yourself f*ckheads ... you're worshiping carrots FFS !
I was about to write something along these lines, although not as eloquently put as CK..

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of my inlaws are Militant Seventh Day Adventists that don't eat meat, except when they feel like breaking the rules and sometimes eat chicken. and seafood. if they feel like it. but they're vegetarians.

One of my Mrs cousins got married last year. No meat and no alcohol. Worst wedding ever. I couldn't even get pissed to make the shitty food taste better, not that gluten steaks don't sound awesome.