Uber eats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone here use it?
It's very popular with people on good behaviour bonds I hear?

How does it work exactly?
I order what I want and some international uni student who is clueless with Sydney's roads will deliver it cold?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
After he's taken a shit on your burger, or spat on your fries.
Most of the uber eats delivery people I've dealt with. Either have a thick East European accent or are from Asia or the subcontinent.

I've never met a true blue local who delivers for uber eats.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Basically you pay Uber eats, Uber eats pays the store with a slight mark up, Uber eats pays some nice young immigrant a few dollars to delivery it, the nice young immigrant will drive around with it in his car for an hour then deliver your cold food.

On arrival you'll find that half your order is missing, Uber eats will blame the restaurant then they'll go back and get another order at the restaurant's cost 'cause they can't prove that they didn't stuff the order up.

It's all part of the natural order cycle.

Deliveroo is a little more legit.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Used to use it in London - was very convenient and Uber also did a good job selling it to begin with. They used to have free croissant days as well as referral codes to begin with that were purposely exploitable to get people using the service.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Anytime I order food in I make sure it’s delivered by the company. I don’t support Uber and never will.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can understand using it if you're too pissed to drive, but apart from that, how hard is it to just drive to your local takeaway (or walk if its convenient)?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anytime I order food in I make sure it’s delivered by the company. I don’t support Uber and never will.
You will start finding this very difficult to do. Apart from places like Dominos, few takeaways use their own delivery drivers any more - it's not worth it.

(,I don't support Uber eats and co either, I'd rather just go and get my own food).

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone here use it?

I order what I want and some international uni student who is clueless with Sydney's roads will deliver it cold?
It’s good, small delivery fee. I get it when I’m working, I figure if I’m spending Atleast 30 minutes leaving work to get food then I’m losing money, happy to pay $7 for delivery :grinning:

Wahesh

Reaction score
You will start finding this very difficult to do. Apart from places like Dominos, few takeaways use their own delivery drivers any more - it's not worth it.

(,I don't support Uber eats and co either, I'd rather just go and get my own food).
I rarely get food delivered though. Sometimes it's just Pizza (not Pizza Hut, an actual wood-fired place) and also this Thai place who use their own drivers. But most of them time I buy it myself or just make it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can understand using it if you're too pissed to drive, but apart from that, how hard is it to just drive to your local takeaway (or walk if its convenient)?
When you're in another state working 12 to 14 hrs a day , it comes in real handy

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No wonder why Indian dog is not around no more you financially ruined him you slack ****

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm working at Macquarie park doing night shift and don't want to waste my breaks running to McDonald's.

I don't have a loving partner to make me lunch and I'm too lazy to make a sandwich or pack snacks most of the time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
No wonder why Indian dog is not around no more you financially ruined him you slack ****
I can't help it. I told his cousin Sanjay to help him out and find something for him at the 7-Eleven.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Does anyone here use it?

people used to hunt for their food but now they have become lazy so they cant even go out and pick up food that people have made for them and make poor people do it and then mock them

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
even better when you get a cyclist...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
people used to hunt for their food but now they have become lazy so they cant even go out and pick up food that people have made for them and make poor people do it and then mock them
Third worlders just love diving in Mexico city sewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.