U.S Shootings

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. It's happening right now in Hong Kong. The people are being oppressed. They're waving American flags and demanding freedom but they're being beaten down by the police. It really pisses you off when you see the footage.
Tbh I’d beat up my population too if they wanted to be stupid Americans so badly, so it doesn’t piss me off lmao

Hong Kong have to come to terms that they are a part of China, the same China that’s a fkn super power/soon to be central super power and so damn big it can’t win period...

Hong Kong is too damn important of an asset to China for it to be given up so easily, also democracy will never work in a place as big China with so much going on it would become chaotic if everyone wanted to get their own way there...

This so called Democracy shit rarely works anymore either, take for example over here as who ever gets voted into power rarely does what the people voted for or wanted or we keep just getting fucked over by the crux of democracy ie a larger percent of the population voting in the wrong people then the others who didn’t want it suffering and thus them also suffering...

Today’s Democracy rewards those who can deceive people into voting for them whilst punishing those who didn’t by fall for it by the actions of idiots

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I’d beat up my population too if they wanted to be stupid Americans so badly, so it doesn’t piss me off lmao

Hong Kong have to come to terms that they are a part of China, the same China that’s a fkn super power/soon to be central super power and so damn big it can’t win period...

Hong Kong is too damn important of an asset to China for it to be given up so easily, also democracy will never work in a place as big China with so much going on it would become chaotic if everyone wanted to get their own way there...

This so called Democracy shit rarely works anymore either, take for example over here as who ever gets voted into power rarely does what the people voted for or wanted or we keep just getting fucked over by the crux of democracy ie a larger percent of the population voting in the wrong people then the others who didn’t want it suffering and thus them also suffering...

Today’s Democracy rewards those who can deceive people into voting for them whilst punishing those who didn’t by fall for it by the actions of idiots
True. Democracy is generally a shit show. But right now Honkies are being deported and standing trial for crimes they didn't commit and they aren't allowed to defend themselves. And the protesters are being beaten half to death by the police just for protesting.

They just want freedom from Chinese rule. They're not even asking for complete separation from China, they just want to continue under the two law rule that they have had up until now. But China won't back off on their land claim.

It becomes a human rights issue when their civil liberties are removed and violence and oppression is using by the ruling party.

The whole situation is going to turn into a civil war soon.

This has been building for a long time though. China have been kidnapping Muslims for years and forcing them into re-education schools which is a complete breach of civil liberties, but the UN is too scared to get involved.

The smart thing China should have done is to agree to leave the system in place but tax HK. That would avoid bloodshed and still give the Chinese government a decent sum of money.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly what's happening in China is a repeat of East Timor. But in this case the people aren't even allowed a chance to vote.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sadly what's happening in China is a repeat of East Timor. But in this case the people aren't even allowed a chance to vote.
The Indo's had no chance when it came to Timor. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK, and USA among many others were part of the international forces the went into Timor.

My cousin was in Hong Kong last week. There was nothing happening. He said at the airport the security presence was solid, but it was not as bad as they're making it out to be on the news.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
True. Democracy is generally a shit show. But right now Honkies are being deported and standing trial for crimes they didn't commit and they aren't allowed to defend themselves. And the protesters are being beaten half to death by the police just for protesting.

They just want freedom from Chinese rule. They're not even asking for complete separation from China, they just want to continue under the two law rule that they have had up until now. But China won't back off on their land claim.

It becomes a human rights issue when their civil liberties are removed and violence and oppression is using by the ruling party.

The whole situation is going to turn into a civil war soon.

This has been building for a long time though. China have been kidnapping Muslims for years and forcing them into re-education schools which is a complete breach of civil liberties, but the UN is too scared to get involved.

The smart thing China should have done is to agree to leave the system in place but tax HK. That would avoid bloodshed and still give the Chinese government a decent sum of money.
Yeah modern day democracy is a farce as we have been shafted by it lately lol

I can see what the Hong Kong people want but they aren’t going to get, they are a part of China and that’s what their government wants.

If they truly want freedom from the Chinese government their only choice will be to leave honestly, their protesting and any international pressure won’t do anything either...

Sure countries can place bans and tariffs but that won’t last as too many are dependent on China and China has a lot of places by the balls, look at what happen with Huawei; as many companies weren’t happy with the bans and a few cases were taken the Supreme Court

Hong Kong’s fate is pretty much settled the way I see it and it won’t change, China is too powerful and Hong Kong is too important to them

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
True. Democracy is generally a shit show.
Compared to what?

Sure, there are issues in the world right now (as there have been since the history of human kind began).

I would argue that issues of today are far less severe than in times gone by. In addition, I would argue that life has never been so good (and you can measure that along a number of different metrics and still come to the same conclusion. Far less sickness, life expectancy longer than ever, fewer wars, child poverty has halved in the last 10-15 years in Africa, average standard of living has continued to increase etc etc.

I guess my question for you guys is what system are you proposing which would lead to better outcomes than a democracy?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. It's happening right now in Hong Kong. The people are being oppressed. They're waving American flags and demanding freedom but they're being beaten down by the police. It really pisses you off when you see the footage.
Yep. That shit would not be allowed in America (real oppression) yet the left in America seem to think they’re the most oppressed or fighting for the most oppressed people in the world. I wonder if they’ll label those Hong konganeses as Nazis for flying the American flag.
The left are dead quiet about what their communist butt buddies are upto.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People aren’t understanding something. America has actual freedom. Once you take their guns, freedom is gone, government in control. People need to actually get educated on the constitution and why things are the way they are in America before applying their extremely powerful iq. Which consists of (omggggg white man bad has gun and shoots arghhhhhh I’m so angered how can this be legal urrrrrr)
I got no problem with people having legally owned guns..because if you ban em it really doesn’t work as the ‘bad guys’ will still get em.. But what the US needs to do is make the safe storage of guns in the home universal..which it isn’t..some states you can leave your gun by the bed..that is not responsible gun ownership..and that’s what needs to change.. Same as background checks..look at this..Alabama and California just two states..for private sales..permits...registration..

593113D3-2CE3-48BE-A81F-1E8D5A955279.jpeg

D15B830F-D50C-42D5-AF0B-08FB63D6E4D6.png

The facts..and just two states examples..speak for themselves .. I don’t believe in taking freedoms away..I’m ensuring the greatest freedom of all in democracies....able to go anywhere knowing there are responsible laws in place to protect this. liberty..

It’s about time Americans realised owning a gun is not a right but a privilege..perhaps then they can work as one to solve their obvious gun violence problems..

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Indo's had no chance when it came to Timor. Australia, New Zealand, Canada, UK, and USA among many others were part of the international forces the went into Timor.

My cousin was in Hong Kong last week. There was nothing happening. He said at the airport the security presence was solid, but it was not as bad as they're making it out to be on the news.
Yeah, it's only around the protests. It's not like it's happening constantly on the streets. I have friends there covering it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Compared to what?

Sure, there are issues in the world right now (as there have been since the history of human kind began).

I would argue that issues of today are far less severe than in times gone by. In addition, I would argue that life has never been so good (and you can measure that along a number of different metrics and still come to the same conclusion. Far less sickness, life expectancy longer than ever, fewer wars, child poverty has halved in the last 10-15 years in Africa, average standard of living has continued to increase etc etc.

I guess my question for you guys is what system are you proposing which would lead to better outcomes than a democracy?
None. I'm a strong supporter of democracy. But I know that it's a shit show.

I had a post of mine from about 8 years ago pop up on Facebook the other days which said, "this is why democracy doesn't work. If you google 'food' the top result is 'food babe', a woman who has no understanding of food yet she's popular so people follow her"

And that's democracy. It's a game of favouritism. Politicians only job now days is making people happy. They have to sell themselves. The results don't matter.

But it's the best we have, and the alternative is even worse. Just look at China.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. That shit would not be allowed in America (real oppression) yet the left in America seem to think they’re the most oppressed or fighting for the most oppressed people in the world. I wonder if they’ll label those Hong konganeses as Nazis for flying the American flag.
The left are dead quiet about what their communist butt buddies are upto.
Funny thing is, the Hong Kong people have started putting graffiti up everywhere that says "China = Nazis"

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
None. I'm a strong supporter of democracy. But I know that it's a shit show.

I had a post of mine from about 8 years ago pop up on Facebook the other days which said, "this is why democracy doesn't work. If you google 'food' the top result is 'food babe', a woman who has no understanding of food yet she's popular so people follow her"

And that's democracy. It's a game of favouritism. Politicians only job now days is making people happy. They have to sell themselves. The results don't matter.

But it's the best we have, and the alternative is even worse. Just look at China.
Agree with most of that except for the general vibe I get from your post which I interpret as you saying "overall democracy doesn't work, but it's the best system we have".

Whereas I would say "All things considered, taking into account the history of humankind and the outcomes we currently achieve in western democracies, democracy works well, however there are aspects which will never be perfect due to the fundamental flaws of human beings".

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Funny thing is, the Hong Kong people have started putting graffiti up everywhere that says "China = Nazis"
I've done a lot of travelling around third world countries, and every time I return to Australia I always have the over riding thought on my mind that people in AUstralia and most western countries are precious and spoiled and have no idea what 'real problems' are.

The things you see on our 6pm news bulletins are so non consequential in the scheme of things.

I look at what's going on in Hong Kong and actually respect those protesters because they are protesting for something real, they are putting their lives on the line (China could easily go in there at any time and kill them all, and quite possibly will) and they are persistent with their protest.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The irony is although China communists, they still act like nazis in censoring, targeting, dictator, complete control over the government and society. It’s honestly the same thing just different political agendas but both same outcomes.
I mean if antifa are so strong they should go to Hong Kong and China and fight the actual fascists. I mean look at the shit they pull off in America lol clearly by what we see on Hong Kong and China if they pulled off that shit over there they’d either be killed or jailed and bashed on the spot.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I got no problem with people having legally owned guns..because if you ban em it really doesn’t work as the ‘bad guys’ will still get em.. But what the US needs to do is make the safe storage of guns in the home universal..which it isn’t..some states you can leave your gun by the bed..that is not responsible gun ownership..and that’s what needs to change.. Same as background checks..look at this..Alabama and California just two states..for private sales..permits...registration..

View attachment 11241

View attachment 11242

The facts..and just two states examples..speak for themselves .. I don’t believe in taking freedoms away..I’m ensuring the greatest freedom of all in democracies....able to go anywhere knowing there are responsible laws in place to protect this. liberty..

It’s about time Americans realised owning a gun is not a right but a privilege..perhaps then they can work as one to solve their obvious gun violence problems..
But changing having a gun from being a right to a privilege will sort play around with the freedom thingy wouldn’t it?
Man American politics and the constitution seems so black and white and simple but so dam hard at the same time lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've done a lot of travelling around third world countries, and every time I return to Australia I always have the over riding thought on my mind that people in AUstralia and most western countries are precious and spoiled and have no idea what 'real problems' are.

The things you see on our 6pm news bulletins are so non consequential in the scheme of things.

I look at what's going on in Hong Kong and actually respect those protesters because they are protesting for something real, they are putting their lives on the line (China could easily go in there at any time and kill them all, and quite possibly will) and they are persistent with their protest.
Meanwhile in Australia we protest 'cause the pubs close too early.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But changing having a gun from being a right to a privilege will sort play around with the freedom thingy wouldn’t it?
Man American politics and the constitution seems so black and white and simple but so dam hard at the same time lol.
I know it is crazy..that’s what I mean they’d have to work together..but the constitution is tough to navigate.. Plus the independent decisions making of the states.. Someone will have to make a stand.. I mean you can’t just band guns..because it penalises honest stable people...but over time maybe you could change the perception of what a it means to own a gun..and the responsibility it means..

I don’t know man..all I know a consensual solid background and mental health check is definitely needed..and a register..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know it is crazy..that’s what I mean they’d have to work together..but the constitution is tough to navigate.. Plus the independent decisions making of the states.. Someone will have to make a stand.. I mean you can’t just band guns..because it penalises honest stable people...but over time maybe you could change the perception of what a it means to own a gun..and the responsibility it means..

I don’t know man..all I know a consensual solid background and mental health check is definitely needed..and a register..
Maybe they should reopen mental institutions where they’ve shut them down? I forget where I read that apparently so many have shut down in America and mentally ill people litterally are flooding the streets, they’ll get the medication but they won’t be in the institutions that will keep them from harming others and themselves.
I personally wouldn’t give a known mentally ill person a gun but then in America that would strip them of their freedom to own a gun, that’s where the confusion happens. I think reopen institutions and send people there who clearly need to be put there. I mean it’s better to be seen as inhumane by locking up mentally ill people then looking humane letting em on the streets and killing people. I know which option I’d take

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe they should reopen mental institutions where they’ve shut them down? I forget where I read that apparently so many have shut down in America and mentally ill people litterally are flooding the streets, they’ll get the medication but they won’t be in the institutions that will keep them from harming others and themselves.
I personally wouldn’t give a known mentally ill person a gun but then in America that would strip them of their freedom to own a gun, that’s where the confusion happens. I think reopen institutions and send people there who clearly need to be put there. I mean it’s better to be seen as inhumane by locking up mentally ill people then looking humane letting em on the streets and killing people. I know which option I’d take
I guess freedom is an agreed upon notion..we agree not to steal from shops..to protect the shop owner and their freedom to earn a living.. That’s how people form a society..so there’s gotta to be an agreement..so we can function together..

As for mental institutions..well look here..we have places like Callen Park..Ryde Hospital..closed down all for government land grabs.. People who need help are getting turned away again.. It’s a vicious cycle..

Last edited: