Status
Not open for further replies.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It's both sides playing politics.
I think it’s a bit more than that.

If he’d stopped at the big lie I doubt he would be being pursued - everyone could just laugh at his claims and move on, or look forward to another circus come 2024.

But the insurrection was another level. The fact his supporters invaded the Capitol with the intent of disrupting democracy and that people died doing so warrants the pursuit. He could’ve avoided all that by not riling up the MAGA loons that morning to begin with let alone Rudy G, Mo Brooks etc. That’s why Liz Cheney (a Republican whose father was VP) stands strong on this issue even after she’s left Congress.

I’m no leftie but Trump and his acolytes are bad news.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A hypothetical - if Hitler had not committed suicide but instead had simply surrendered, would he have been paraded at Nuremberg and charged with war crimes? My answer, which, of course, cannot be proved or disproved, would be - not a chance! Why not, you ask? because it has been an unwritten rule in the West for centuries that former heads of state are off limits. Countries like Pakistan are fond of charging, even executing, their deposed leaders, but we enlightened types in the West do not go after them. The Japanese emperor, Hirohito was prima facie as culpable as Hitler, but he never faced a court, and, in fact, got to keep his job. Go back a few years further. After WW1, Kaiser Bill was retired and exiled by his own side, but the winners never went after him.

What has this got to do with Trump, you ask? The unwritten hands-off rule was suspended just for Trump the day he came down the escalator. The left are determined to get him by fair means or foul. They are so spooked by the thought of him running again and - horror of horrors - winning again, that they are prepared to do anything to stop him. I rather suspect that the orange-man-bad blind hatred is restricted to the Democrat foot soldiers, and, to the movers and shakers, it's just business.
Sorry mate, but Nick Greiner, Barry O'Farrell and Gladys would all beg to differ.

Not to mention Eddie Obeid & Ian McDonald.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry mate, but Nick Greiner, Barry O'Farrell and Gladys would all beg to differ.

Not to mention Eddie Obeid & Ian McDonald.
Do you even know what a head of state is? Not one of the five you mention was a head of state, they were just professional politicians. The first three were squeezed out of office (2nd tier office) for real or imagined hokey behaviour, and then left alone once their inquisitors had achieved their objective of getting rid of them. The last two were charged after they had left office for offences so egregious they couldn't be swept under the carpet.

Can you imagine King Charles III (it seems so strange typing that) being booted from his regal job for accepting a bottle of Grange?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you even know what a head of state is? Not one of the five you mention was a head of state, they were just professional politicians. The first three were squeezed out of office (2nd tier office) for real or imagined hokey behaviour, and then left alone once their inquisitors had achieved their objective of getting rid of them. The last two were charged after they had left office for offences so egregious they couldn't be swept under the carpet.

Can you imagine King Charles III (it seems so strange typing that) being booted from his regal job for accepting a bottle of Grange?
O' Farrell wasn't booted for a bottle of Grange.

He resigned for getting caught lying under oath about accepting a bottle of Grange.

If he had just said 'I F#$KED up, took a bottle of wine I should have registered" he would not have lost his job.

You should be asking yourself what was so important about a bottle of wine that would make a Premier of NSW lie under oath in a court of law (or Royal Commission if you want to be anal about it).

'Can you imagine King Charles III (it seems so strange typing that) being booted from his regal job for accepting a bottle of Grange?'
You mean like Prince Andrew getting booted?

'The last two were charged after they had left office for offences so egregious they couldn't be swept under the carpet." Just like Trump is about to be.

Instead of blindly defending rightwing politicians you worship, maybe you should apply some logic to the situation and think for yourself.

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

3 second google search for imprisoned Heads of State in Europe since 1989....................
1.PNG
5.PNG
4.PNG
3.PNG
2.PNG

The list before 1989 is much longer.

And let's not forget that this list does not include the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or NZ. I guess you wouldn't define countries such as South Africa & India (even though they are part of the Commonwealth).

Also doesn't include politicians who weren't Heads of State.

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
O' Farrell wasn't booted for a bottle of Grange. He was resigned for getting caught lying under oath about accepting a bottle of Grange.

If he had just said 'I F#$KED up, took a bottle of wine I should have registered" he would not have lost his job.

You should be asking yourself what was so important about a bottle of wine that would make a Premier of NSW lie under oath in a court of law (or Royal Commission if you want to be anal about it).

'Can you imagine King Charles III (it seems so strange typing that) being booted from his regal job for accepting a bottle of Grange?'
You mean like Prince Andrew getting booted?

'The last two were charged after they had left office for offences so egregious they couldn't be swept under the carpet." Just like Trump is about to be.

Instead of blindly defending rightwing politicians you worship, maybe you should apply some logic to the situation and think for yourself.
I made a comment that heads of state in the West, prior to the Trump era, got a free pass for their indiscretions whereas their acolytes could not count on the same level of tolerance. You responded by naming five career politicians who did not get a free pass. None of them was ever a head of state, nor could they realistically dream of becoming heads of state, and so your attempt at a gotcha fell a bit wide of the mark.

Now the point of your attack has shifted to me "blindly worshipping rightwing politicians I worship". If you could extract that inference from my comments, there is something seriously wrong with your comprehension skills. I do not worship politicians, I detest them all more or less equally, and my animosity is not coloured by any right or left wing bias.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I made a comment that heads of state in the West, prior to the Trump era, got a free pass for their indiscretions whereas their acolytes could not count on the same level of tolerance. You responded by naming five career politicians who did not get a free pass. None of them was ever a head of state, nor could they realistically dream of becoming heads of state, and so your attempt at a gotcha fell a bit wide of the mark.

Now the point of your attack has shifted to me "blindly worshipping rightwing politicians I worship". If you could extract that inference from my comments, there is something seriously wrong with your comprehension skills. I do not worship politicians, I detest them all more or less equally, and my animosity is not coloured by any right or left wing bias.
You saw just five names?

Seiously, that is all you saw?

Heads of State named gaoled from France, Italy, Greece and other NATO Countries?

Do they not represent the west?

Trump is in shit because of his criminal behaviour.

The blind defending of a criminal like him makes me laugh my arse off.

I have provided numerous examples of western politicians being gaoled for being corrupt.

Why do you think Trump should not be investigated and gaoled (if found guilty) for his crimes?

And because Hitler committed suicide is just a dumbshit answer. Try harder and think for yourself.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You saw just five names?

Seiously, that is all you saw?

Heads of State named gaoled from France, Italy, Greece and other NATO Countries?

Do they not represent the west?

Trump is in shit because of his criminal behaviour.

The blind defending of a criminal like him makes me laugh my arse off.

I have provided numerous examples of western politicians being gaoled for being corrupt.

Why do you think Trump should not be investigated and gaoled (if found guilty) for his crimes?

And because Hitler committed suicide is just a dumbshit answer. Try harder and think for yourself.
This is becoming tiresome. I made a comment, you responded to it, I responded to your response, and so on. At some point you threw in a cut and paste list while I was responding to a prior comment. I didn't comment on the list because I didn't see it until after I posted.

I've seen it now. You still haven't worked out what a head of state is.There is only one genuine Western head of state on that list - Sarkozy of France, who was indicted last year, six years after the Trump era began. Prime ministers are not heads of state, nor are the "presidents" of Italian provinces. And former Soviet Union satellites are not "the West".

My first post made the point that the rules of engagement have changed since Trump arrived on the scene, and the stuff you have thrown up to try to disprove this just reinforces it. I do not believe anyone should be above the law, and I do not give a flying fuck if they investigate Trump, but, for the sake of fairness, I hope they pay as much attention to politicians on both sides of the aisle. Your position is all too clear - you don't know what, if anything, Trump has done, but he must be jailed for it. In some circles that is known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is becoming tiresome. I made a comment, you responded to it, I responded to your response, and so on. At some point you threw in a cut and paste list while I was responding to a prior comment. I didn't comment on the list because I didn't see it until after I posted.

I've seen it now. You still haven't worked out what a head of state is.There is only one genuine Western head of state on that list - Sarkozy of France, who was indicted last year, six years after the Trump era began. Prime ministers are not heads of state, nor are the "presidents" of Italian provinces. And former Soviet Union satellites are not "the West".

My first post made the point that the rules of engagement have changed since Trump arrived on the scene, and the stuff you have thrown up to try to disprove this just reinforces it. I do not believe anyone should be above the law, and I do not give a flying fuck if they investigate Trump, but, for the sake of fairness, I hope they pay as much attention to politicians on both sides of the aisle. Your position is all too clear - you don't know what, if anything, Trump has done, but he must be jailed for it. In some circles that is known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Your right.

It has become tiresome.

Your first post was based on a hypothetical premise that can never been proven yet you drew an extremely long bow and tried to apply it to the real world.

Then, just like every other member of Trumps flock of sheep, you denied the truth even when turkey slapped in the face with overwhelming evidence.

Then like any good Trumptard you attacked.

You are right, I don't know what Trump has done. Which is the reason for all the investigations.

Why do you think Trump shouldn't be investigated? What puts him above the law and due process?

Funny how you think because it is Trump being investigated, that it is something special, just because it is Trump.

Everyone is out to get him because he will drain the swap. :tearsofjoy:

Oh thats right, lets not investigate Trump because Hitler committed suicide.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Jack Smith, the prosecutor hired as Special Counsel to determine whether or not to charge Trump for retaining State documents, was appointed to his role at the Brooklyn U.S. Attorney's Public Integrity section by then AG Loretta Lynch, who infamously had a tarmac airplane meeting with the Clintons amidst their email scandal in 2015-2016, in which she among others was implicated.

There is nothing organic about their choice.

He was appointed after a huge scandal in which the DOJ was implicated in withholding exculpatory evidence beneficial to the defense in an investigation into then Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens.
Concerning, fam. But if Trump is worried about who the evil demonrats might appoint to prosecute him, he could always just try not committing crimes.

Dude is as dodgy as they come. Anyone who can't see that by now has serious tunnel vision.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Concerning, fam. But if Trump is worried about who the evil demonrats might appoint to prosecute him, he could always just try not committing crimes.

Dude is as dodgy as they come. Anyone who can't see that by now has serious tunnel vision.
I don't think anybody is infallible but Trump and Republicans are the lesser evil. That's how vile and incompetent the blue pill party have become.
Most rat supporters can't see the forest for the trees and will continue to vote in their own demise.

Rats screamed for years about how Trump would use the DOJ to go after political opponents before they did exactly that. It's a quasi Salem witch trial at this point.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is infallible but Trump and Republicans are the lesser evil. That's how vile and incompetent the blue pill party have become.
Most rat supporters can't see the forest for the trees and will continue to vote in their own demise.

Rats screamed for years about how Trump would use the DOJ to go after political opponents before they did exactly that. It's a quasi Salem witch trial at this point.
Trump used the DOJ and sacked multiple top FBI honchos to protect himself, and you think he is the victim of a witch hunt? Come, on, bro. Take off your partisan goggles for a minute. You're not that dense.

If there is an agenda against Trump, it is because he has angered people in high places (AKA the FBI) by using the organisation as his political play thing and has demonstrated he is a very real danger to the security of the nation by refusing to accept the results of an election and causing an attempted insurrection. You reap what you sew.

I don't think the Dems have much to do with it. It would be better for them if Trump got the republican nomination rather than the much more formidable and intelligent De Santis, at this stage.

The truth is Trump is just a shonky carnival huckster who has done too many dodgy things and pissed off the wrong people.

Anyone who thinks the Dems are more of a threat to national security than Trump would have to be either on drugs or ideologically blind, at this stage.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

He did though, and worse. He tried to get a foreign government to investigate his political opponent even though it was borderline treason.

Trump is only the lesser of two evils if you believe all the rubbish Trump spouts.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know this question might seem odd, but I would love to know what political party in Australia the obvious Trump lovers on here support? Labour, Liberal or something else? For example, I have often mentioned I lean conservative/Liberal but I would not have a bar of Trump and his warped views and behaviour.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know this question might seem odd, but I would love to know what political party in Australia the obvious Trump lovers on here support? Labour, Liberal or something else? For example, I have often mentioned I lean conservative/Liberal but I would not have a bar of Trump and his warped views and behaviour.
I'm guessing...

Liberals = republicunts
Labor = demonrats

With Trump, he was a demonrat before jumping ship to the republicunts

Status
Not open for further replies.