U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In American terms? Of course they’re not perfect - far from it and no one in politics comes close. Let’s take the 2024 election: no idea what the Dems are going to do - Biden only won on the back of anti-Trump sentiment and in another 2 years realistically is unelectable for a second term - so either he runs and loses or they replace him - but with who - the VP is normally the natural pick but Harris is basically hidden because she’s unpopular - so who? Buttigieg might be a shot but being gay probably isolates him (it shouldn’t, but it’s conservative / backwards America so it will). They could learn from Ireland, a traditionally conservative and Catholic country who elected a gay bloke of Indian heritage as Taoiseach (PM) because he was the most suitable candidate. But the Dems have a talent problem no matter who from the GOP runs, Trump or otherwise. As for the personalities, I personally think AOC is a bit of a whinger, just as MTG is a nutter. I find CNN/MSNBC a little less crazy than Fox News but clearly biased to the left. At the end of the day it’s the same the world over, lefties in Australia, the UK, the US and everywhere else always bleat about Conservatives and vice versa. For mine most politicians only open their mouth to change feet.
Ok this is what makes me question if you actually don’t care about race because you connect backwards with conservative, and then seem to think ireland isn’t backwards anymore because they’ve elected an Indian that is also gay. This is where it makes me think you personally do care about identity politics which is why I call you a lefty as identity politics is an obsession with the left.
As for the other stuff my other issue is comparing legal guns to abortion. While I get you’re against guns I honestly don’t see the comparison. Yes guns can kill but the 2nd amendment does not protect a single person who decides to murder an innocent person. It’s purely about the right the bear arms whether it be to protect oneself and his family home or to protect themselves from a potential tyrannical government. A very good example is nazi Germany. Prior to hitlers final take over and rounding up the Jews, he banned guns, once the people have no rights to guns the government won’t be scared of a fight back anymore, the early Americans did this with the native Americans, they didn’t let them have guns and were able to completely control them. So the difference is this abortion is killing an innocent life whereas having guns legal is not allowing it but there are bad people who take advantage of freedom. AOC is a whinger and a fraudster. The girl couldn’t even give a few examples of how trump is so bad when questioned. I can put the video up if you’d like I’ve put it up before.
Anyways all this stuff always swings one way or the other the past decades things have been going the lefts way and now a few things are going to the right, there neeeds to be a balance as purple chin man says.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok this is what makes me question if you actually don’t care about race because you connect backwards with conservative, and then seem to think ireland isn’t backwards anymore because they’ve elected an Indian that is also gay. This is where it makes me think you personally do care about identity politics which is why I call you a lefty as identity politics is an obsession with the left.
As for the other stuff my other issue is comparing legal guns to abortion. While I get you’re against guns I honestly don’t see the comparison. Yes guns can kill but the 2nd amendment does not protect a single person who decides to murder an innocent person. It’s purely about the right the bear arms whether it be to protect oneself and his family home or to protect themselves from a potential tyrannical government. A very good example is nazi Germany. Prior to hitlers final take over and rounding up the Jews, he banned guns, once the people have no rights to guns the government won’t be scared of a fight back anymore, the early Americans did this with the native Americans, they didn’t let them have guns and were able to completely control them. So the difference is this abortion is killing an innocent life whereas having guns legal is not allowing it but there are bad people who take advantage of freedom. AOC is a whinger and a fraudster. The girl couldn’t even give a few examples of how trump is so bad when questioned. I can put the video up if you’d like I’ve put it up before.
Anyways all this stuff always swings one way or the other the past decades things have been going the lefts way and now a few things are going to the right, there neeeds to be a balance as purple chin man says.
@DinkumDog This is all your fault, WTF is this dribble!!! Lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With each decision they prove that they're only partaking in ideological decisions and absolutely nothing to do with the law itself.

With each decision they prove their hypocrisy and that they're plain scum

Wasn't every life important? But yet this decision here shows they actually don't give a stuff about lives, they're full of shit.
6 Republican elected Justices voted for, 3 Democrat elected Justices votes against. It's purely political.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
6 Republican elected Justices voted for, 3 Democrat elected Justices votes against. It's purely political.
And they have their sights on gerrymandering and elections now.

Full blown spiral into fascism on the horizon. They (the GOP in general) have already taken actions towards fascism in the recent past and it's really accelerating now

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can definitely accept that but I’d also like to add while it is, it’s still a completely valid decision.
And violence can’t be a valid tool for when something goes the other way. If decision went dems way eveyone will be like this is true justice and the perfectist decision and definitely not politically driven

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can definitely accept that but I’d also like to add while it is, it’s still a completely valid decision.
And violence can’t be a valid tool for when something goes the other way
It wasn't a valid decision in this circumstance and has been laughed at by most legal scholars. They based their decision on a regulation that was put forward by Obama. But that regulation never passed. So they based their entire decision on a law that doesn't exist.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@DinkumDog This is all your fault, WTF is this dribble!!! Lol
Hitler didn’t ban guns?
Americans didn’t ban Indians from having guns?
2nd amendment doesn’t give the right for its citizens to bare arms due to self defence reasons and potential tyrannical government gone rogue?
The left isn’t obsessed with identity politics?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wasn't a valid decision in this circumstance and has been laughed at by most legal scholars. They based their decision on a regulation that was put forward by Obama. But that regulation never passed. So they based their entire decision on a law that doesn't exist.
Boomer moment

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow - OK you at least answered the question, I'll give you that. But what a lot of dribble for the most part:

- Identity Politics? I cited Ireland as an example only because they were for centuries a conservative catholic country where divorce was illegal until 1993. I couldn't give two shits whether they elected an Indian, Chinese, man, woman or lizard - nor who that person shags in their spare time. The point is - a traditionally conservative country chose the best person for the job and didn't have the blinkers on: 'Oh, we couldn't possibly elect Person X, they're (insert what you're offended by here)'. They were also one of the first nations to get a referendum up for gay marriage. They've shown that some progressive policies simply make sense, regardless of your heritage.

- The Second Amendment - please. This was written in the age of the musket which took minutes to re-load and was never capable of the sort of carnage automatic assault rifles like an AR-15 are which we've seen repeatedly - Columbine, Sandy Hook, Uvalde (and that's just the kids), Las Vegas, Orlando and many more - absolute carnage. Tyrannical Governments? Did Australia have a tyrannical government in 1996 when Howard implemented strict gun control after Port Arthur? What about NZ in 2019 after Christchurch? Do you see Aussies and Kiwis with 'no rights'? No, that's just a garbage argument to not do anything so the GOP keeps the cash rolling in from the NRA and feeds their base. No-one says 'ban guns 100%' - that will never work in a gun culture like America. But not even banning guns to under 21's (but you can’t buy a beer!) or other sensible provisions like removing/restricting access to assault rifles or requiring stricter background checks and time in between applying for a gun and actually receiving it. There's a LOT that could be done to reduce the risk but the NRA doesn't want it - that affects sales, so hence the GOP doesn't want it - that would affect donations and votes.

You're right - there is no difference between abortion and guns. If you're pro-life, you're pro-life all the way, not just for infants. If you're pro-choice, then people dying in a mass shooting is acceptable too, provided it doesn't affect you. But you can't have it both ways.

Exactly what has 'been going the left's way'? Since 2000, both Republicans and Democrats have been in office 12 years each (by the time of the 2024 election). So I don't follow what you're saying at all. And no thanks, I don't need an AOC video as much as I don't need to see Agent Orange ranting.

Really think you should accept the invitation of @Dogna88. It’s winter, a beer in a gay bar shouldn’t make you break out into too much of a sweat :-).

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hitler didn’t ban guns?
Americans didn’t ban Indians from having guns?
2nd amendment doesn’t give the right for its citizens to bare arms due to self defence reasons and potential tyrannical government gone rogue?
The left isn’t obsessed with identity politics?
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm merely providing my view.

You are so partisan that it is a complete waste of time engaging with you, as all you rely on is your MSM sources of Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, 4chan, or where ever the hell it is you get your stuff from. And the problem is, you parrot it, regurgitated without an ounce of analysis of what you've consumed, from which ever source you've chosen (for whatever reason) to trust.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to say this in the nicest way possible, I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm merely providing my view.

You are so partisan that it is a complete waste of time engaging with you, as all you rely on is your MSM sources of Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, 4chan, or where ever the hell it is you get your stuff from. And the problem is, you parrot it, regurgitated without an ounce of analysis of what you've consumed, from which ever source you've chosen (for whatever reason) to trust.
I’m totally fine with you having that pov of me as I’ve said the same thing about you and why I realise there’s no point talking about this anymore directly lol. I just can’t hack when you say that you aren’t bias. Literally everyone has a bias lol.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Me hearing the non- sense Shapiro argument here.. You do know that the Weimar Republic government had strict gun controls prior to the Nazis .. Secondly the Jews were 1% of the population..to think they could take over the Nazis, who had more guns..MORE POWERFUL GUNS..and highly trained gun users..is such a rubbish argument put up by those clinging to an out of date 2nd amendment created in the late 18th century..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Me hearing the non- sense Shapiro argument here.. You do know that the Weimar Republic government had stricter gun control than the Nazis .. Secondly the Jews were 1% of the population..to think they could take over the Nazis, who had more guns..MORE POWERFUL GUNS..and highly trained gun users..is such a rubbish argument put up by those clinging to an out of date 2nd amendment created in the late 18th century..
It’s the principal. If a tyrannical government wants total control. They’ll ban the citizens from having guns. It doesn’t matter if they had more powerful guns or like Biden said his government has nukes. You ain’t going to nuke your own people unless you’re a legit spawn of Satan. By saying oh well they have more powerful weapons might as well give up our last remaining bit of hope to fight for freedom you’re just handing the power over. I mean putting things into perspective the Americans were way underpowered to the English at the time of the revolution and the militias formed with shitty guns were a big part of the difference.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m totally fine with you having that pov of me as I’ve said the same thing about you and why I realise there’s no point talking about this anymore directly lol. I just can’t hack when you say that you aren’t bias. Literally everyone has a bias lol.
I never said that I'm not biased.

Read my post again, you regurgitate without any analysis of what you've consumed

It's so evident because it's literally the same shit that fox/oan/newsmax have just spewed the night before.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never said that I'm not biased.

Read my post again, you regurgitate without any analysis of what you've consumed

It's so evident because it's literally the same shit that fox/oan/newsmax have just spewed the night before.
But you’re missing my point. You literally say the same shit I can just turn on cnn/msnbc to get your exact opinion from. And also AOCs twitter lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But you’re missing my point. You literally say the same shit I can just turn on cnn/msnbc to get your exact opinion from. And also AOCs twitter lol
So you've see cnn/msnbc and aoc call it straight out fascism have you?

You've seen them say lie, cheat and steal have you?

As usual you're full of of shit again

Status
Not open for further replies.