U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stand corrected..or sit as the case may be.. I apologise to Mr. Trump and his brain..

ps..still funny though..hee he..
It is also notable that in some of the places this has popped up, the snopes finding has been noted, and then groups of Trump fans have gone to town crying about Trump being lied about and how snopes proves it. Which seems really hypocritical given how busy snopes has been with the stuff Trump and Co have spewed over the last half decade. It would be nice if the Trump fans were as convinced by snopes when they debunk stuff he says.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does Biden play for Soufs?
That’s the only way he’ll be medically retired within 12 months. I wonder what impact that will have on America’s cap...:-).
The poor old bugger looks and sounds like he's had a few head knocks, I'm guessing he's there to take the fall for covid mess then the woman chick will take over this time next year

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, actually no I have not pigeon holed you. You insinuated that you have only ever strayed from voting Libs once. You insinuated you were a Liberal voter because you get along with your commie/Labor mates.
Outside of party affiliation, I made no judgement or pigeon holing of you, or your beliefs.
Yes you did and as usual people like yourself simply prefer to deny their actual stance. I did not insinuate I am a Liberal voter because "I get along with my commie/Labor mates.." I said I am a Liberal voter but dont judge or value my friends based on their political views, because thats what they are views. Unfortunately your view is that "EVERYTHING" the Liberal or Conservative voter stands for is corrupt, discriminate or just plain wrong. The commie comment was an Australian mates style joke that none of my friends have ever taken offence to and they have dished far better sledges back at me. Fuck political correctness. (apologies if that offends you)

None absolutely none, they are in complete opposition to my moral and ethical standing and I PROUDLY say that. I don't stand for racism, sexism, religious extremism, scamming public infrastructure for their mates, scamming public money for their mates. Again not saying you stand for those things, its possible you don't know of those things.
That paragraph particularly the last line doesn't even deserve a response.

Yep I am bitter died in the wool against racism/sexism/homophobia and for equality for all. I do apologize for that, it seems to be a problem for some when people are passionate/radical about that. I mean damn me for wanting equal opportunities for everyone and being frustrated when it's the same group of people continually standing in the way of that (not directed at you but at Republicans and Liberals) and when those same group of people like to always speak of showing more class and dialogue in politics (when it suits them) but very rarely taking that road.
But as I have clearly pointed out that I have voted for Liberal "policy's" on many occasions then yes you are clearly directing that at me as well.

And again I apoligize at lashing out at you, but while some of those "beliefs" are staples of Republican/Liberal ideology, there's not going to be a lessening of vitriol, talks of coming together are just that talk.

Save the apology mate, it has much sincerity as any Trump concession speech would have.

P.S
This chat should not have any effect to our footy debates even if its discussing The Prince of Belmore.:-)

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shepard Smith is very good...
He was the best guy on Fox until he got shoved/had enough. I was living in CA during 9/11 and remember his live comments during the broadcast of the immediate aftermath, was able to bring together substantial local knowledge in a mature and compassionate manner while also remaining calm.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You’ve shown you’re unwilling to consider any scientific papers that indicate a difference of opinion to your own internal bias. This is of most concern given you’re supposed to be a scientist. Rather than reconsidering your own thoughts on a topic, you prefer to attack anything which arrives at a different conclusion to your own.

But it’s a free world and it’s up to you what conclusion you draw. I’m not going to sit here and force you to think anything.
Incorrect. I take each paper on its value. But, I'm not criticising the paper. I'm criticising your understanding of the scientific process.

I'm not trying to insult you with this but just providing some assistance.

A hypothesis (as the author states) is an idea that has not had sufficient evidence provided to support it. This is why I criticised you using it as evidence of anything. When a hypothesis is effectively evidenced (and cannot be disproven) then it can become a theory. Prior to that stage it is not helpful. In this case the author stated it to alert people that there are some "ideas" about the cause of a certain effect.

Next lesson. Relevance.

Scientific relevance relates to the subject of reference. In this case the subject of reference is "mask use by the general public and its efficacy of reducing the spread of covid-19"

The paper instead has the relevance of "extended mask use by surgeons during surgery and its efficacy of stopping all transmission from the doctor to the patient"

The paper is very useful, but it's not very useful unless we were discussing surgeons protecting patients during surgery.

Now I will wait patiently while you provide the research to support your belief that masks are not effective.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was the best guy on Fox until he got shoved/had enough. I was living in CA during 9/11 and remember his live comments during the broadcast of the immediate aftermath, was able to bring together substantial local knowledge in a mature and compassionate manner while also remaining calm.
I think he got the shove..

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sky News going into meltdown hahaha

Fox News is starting to distance themselves from Trump
Interesting, they both are in Murdoch's stable. They have a lot of viewers, they could really do a lot of good for the mood of society right now by downplaying the vitriol and finding a way to speak in positive terms without giving compromising on their values.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The poor old bugger looks and sounds like he's had a few head knocks, I'm guessing he's there to take the fall for covid mess then the woman chick will take over this time next year
COVID may be his legacy: suppress it, get a vaccine sorted and distributed and he’s the guy who prevented countless thousands more Americans dying - then hand over the baton. How long that takes who knows.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes you did and as usual people like yourself simply prefer to deny their actual stance. I did not insinuate I am a Liberal voter because "I get along with my commie/Labor mates.." I said I am a Liberal voter but dont judge or value my friends based on their political views, because thats what they are views. Unfortunately your view is that "EVERYTHING" the Liberal or Conservative voter stands for is corrupt, discriminate or just plain wrong. The commie comment was an Australian mates style joke that none of my friends have ever taken offence to and they have dished far better sledges back at me. Fuck political correctness. (apologies if that offends you)

That paragraph particularly the last line doesn't even deserve a response.

But as I have clearly pointed out that I have voted for Liberal "policy's" on many occasions then yes you are clearly directing that at me as well.

Save the apology mate, it has much sincerity as any Trump concession speech would have.

P.S
This chat should not have any effect to our footy debates even if its discussing The Prince of Belmore.:-)
I wrote something before and I deleted it. I disagree with you on many points but it's just going to descend so I'll leave it. I'll just make this last point, I don't agree with "just because it doesn't affect me, I'll ignore that aspect of that political party" doesn't wash.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wrote something before and I deleted it. I disagree with you on many points but it's just going to descend so I'll leave it. I'll just make this last point, I don't agree with "just because it doesn't affect me, I'll ignore that aspect of that political party" doesn't wash.
Don’t delete, please feel free to put up exactly what you think, it’s your right. But I think based on your responses It is good to leave it there because sometimes common ground doesn’t exit.

Nice to see you finished with another backhanded swipe with your “just because it doesn’t effect me” rubbish.

Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.