U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here's the scary thing that the statistics don't really demonstrate...

In 2020 Biden has received more votes than any president before him. You know who's received the second highest amount of votes in the history of US elections?

Trump 2020

People will claim it's evidence of a scam, or whatever but all it really shows is that overpopulation is quickly becoming an issue.

In 2016 the global population was 7.46 billion. Today it's 7.82 billion.

In the year 2000, 20 years ago, it was 6.14 billion. 40 years ago in 1980 it was 4.46 billion

That growth rate is massive. in the past 40 years the human population has nearly doubled. That's insane to even think about.
That is a scary thought.

Running out of room may become a problem sooner rather than later.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here's the scary thing that the statistics don't really demonstrate...

In 2020 Biden has received more votes than any president before him. You know who's received the second highest amount of votes in the history of US elections?

Trump 2020

People will claim it's evidence of a scam, or whatever but all it really shows is that overpopulation is quickly becoming an issue.

In 2016 the global population was 7.46 billion. Today it's 7.82 billion.

In the year 2000, 20 years ago, it was 6.14 billion. 40 years ago in 1980 it was 4.46 billion

That growth rate is massive. in the past 40 years the human population has nearly doubled. That's insane to even think about.
Yep. I was going to point this out but figured that's probably too much for dawgfather, his head might explode.

Same concept as when parties claim they have spent the highest ever on health/education/etc, that's not the important stat, it's the per capita stat that actually displays whether there was an increase in spending or not.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Trump should be viewed as an enormous success. The idea that someone with zero political experience could come up against the media and political industries and beat them each at their own game to win the White House was laughable prior to 2016. Then Trump managed to make it happen.

He hasn't won this election, but that was mostly due to the incredibly misfortune of having a 1 in 100 year event in the months leading into the election.

Had COVID not happened, Trump would have walked the election in.

Having said that, the reality is that Covid happened. This election has happened, and it looks as though Biden has won.
Honestly I think there were many aspects of the campaign that I think were more beneficial than most predicted. Obama's work definitely set the ground work for the economic turn but there's no denying that Trump's economic numbers were really good prior to the Rona.

But personally I think people give Trump credit for the wrong things. Everything introduced by Trump was stuff the Republicans have always wanted to do but couldn't do. Trump proved that you can go all out and not lose support. And that's what Trump is really good at. I listened to a talk the other day where they pointed out how appealing Trump is.

They pointed out something that's often pointed out. Trump is full of shit. Not meaning that as an attack or anything, that's just a statement of fact. One fact checking team pointed out that Biden usually averages 10 false or misleading statements per week, but during this campaign he has averaged 3 per week. Trump averages 50 per day. During the first presidential debate Biden made 7 false or misleading statements. Trump made 40.

But that works. Disinformation works so well and on top of this, Trump is being the friendly one. This is the key point. When the left are supporting what's often called "white guilt", encouraging BLM protests, telling people to answer for the crimes of the past. Trump is saying to the people, "You're not to blame". When the left say, "We are destroying this planet" Trump's response is, "We're not destroying this planet, it's not our fault"

He makes people feel comfortable. It's quite easy to see that he's full of shit but most people don't want to see it. Because no one wants to take the hard road. Everyone wants to take the easy road. They want to know that they don't have to suffer discomfort to help the environment. They want to believe that racism doesn't exist. They want to believe that the problems don't exist and Trump provides that re-assurance. That's one of the key reasons he has so much support.

Any which way, Trump's presidency has changed the landscape of US politics forever. The Republicans now know that they can go all out on these issues they support without fear of losing support. So they won't hold back in the future. The result is a massive bipartisan divide that could result in the collapse of an empire.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you think they will slow it down? World War 3 or a better pandemic then Covid-19
Many projections believe it'll be a combination of things but nothing so harsh. I think we have proven as a species that we can withstand most things.

Covid-19 is literally an evolutionary driver virus. It disproportionately targets the elderly and sick. That means it culls parts of the population and strengthens the remaining species. 200 years ago it would have provided a large evolutionary boost while wiping out millions. But as we have evolved our medical knowledge, we're on the cusp of shutting it down.

Virus is unlikely to have any real effect. War either. Everything is technology. Now days wars are won by the side with the most advanced tech. Within 50 years battles will be fought between drone armies with no use for human input.

From everything I've seen from Futurist projections, the overpopulation will halt thanks to humans being human. It's one aspect we miss. We breed because we have nothing better to do. That's why you see higher population numbers in poorer countries. In countries like America and Australia, breeding has reduced. As more people work longer hours and enjoy more benefits, there's less of a rush to have children. People are generally older when they have children and they generally have smaller numbers.

If you look at China, they had a huge over population problem and introduced one of the worst laws we've seen. One child per family. It kind of worked at the time. But what they found was that as the Chinese economy boomed, the population naturally levelled out as less people were having families even after the law was removed.

Projections are that the human race will level out around 10 billion and we'll naturally slow down breeding after that. That said, even with 10 billion it's going to be tight on resources. Fortunately we have great innovations like renewable energy and GMO foods that could easily sustain humanity. If only there wasn't so much opposition to the scientific stuff that works.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it's not vital, but I would love to know the running count of all people born.

30 billion? 40 billion? More?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it's not vital, but I would love to know the running count of all people born.

30 billion? 40 billion? More?
One scientist roughly calculated this with Mathematics in 1995. The answer he came up with is around 105 billion. But that was only back to 50,000 BC and we know humans have been around longer than that. Plus there's estimated to be around 3.5 billion born since then.

It's all loose estimates though so take it with a grain of salt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ALthough I don't think they can call him a winner yet. They're including 11 points from Arizona in his total, but Arizona is not confirmed. Trump has been gaining and still 10% left to count.

If he wins Pennsylvania its definitely over.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins Pennsylvania. It's tight but Biden was gaining fast and that has slowed down drastically in the last few vote counts.

3% left to count and Biden 0.3% behind. It's plenty enough for Biden to take the lead but PA seems to be where a lot of the Republican mail-in ballots are.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALthough I don't think they can call him a winner yet. They're including 11 points from Arizona in his total, but Arizona is not confirmed. Trump has been gaining and still 10% left to count.

If he wins Pennsylvania its definitely over.
Its not ova till Comey Barret says its ova!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I think Trump should be viewed as an enormous success. The idea that someone with zero political experience could come up against the media and political industries and beat them each at their own game to win the White House was laughable prior to 2016. Then Trump managed to make it happen.

He hasn't won this election, but that was mostly due to the incredibly misfortune of having a 1 in 100 year event in the months leading into the election.

Had COVID not happened, Trump would have walked the election in.

Having said that, the reality is that Covid happened. This election has happened, and it looks as though Biden has won.
Geezus, I didn't know you could get tRump flavour Kool-Aid in Australia, does Cottee's make them?

The fact is COVID DID happen, but the Orange Mugabe and his band of Yeehawdists decided to to do shit about it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geezus, I didn't know you could get tRump flavour Kool-Aid in Australia, does Cottee's make them?

The fact is COVID DID happen, but the Orange Mugabe and his band of Yeehawdists decided to to do shit about it.
How you handle a real crisis shows your mettle as a leader. Doesn't have to be a pandemic, but that is what we had in 2020.

Trump was fully informed about Covid by people in the know back in January and dismissed it and downplayed it. He bumbled and fucked his way through it as only he could.

Ardern and Palaszczuk both won "Covid elections", and to cross the political divide, if there was a WA or Federal election held now, the respective conservative governments would win comfortably.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
in Murdoch news:

Murdoch Hours Away From Throwing Donnie Under The Bus Like He Does To Every Loser

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | Contact
Rupert Murdoch is reportedly hours away from deciding Joe Biden will be the next leader of the free world has incumbent Donald Trump loses even more ground in key states.
The South Australia media mogul is the one who ultimately decides who wins what around the world and he’s not in the business of backing horses that don’t win.
As the hours drag on, it’s becoming increasingly clear that Donald Trump is going to lose the election which means Murdoch and him are probably no longer mates.
This is a developing story.
More to come.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Trump wins Pennsylvania. It's tight but Biden was gaining fast and that has slowed down drastically in the last few vote counts.

3% left to count and Biden 0.3% behind. It's plenty enough for Biden to take the lead but PA seems to be where a lot of the Republican mail-in ballots are.
So is it whoever wins PA, wins?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score

Yeah, because it's really controversial to point out that it's a good thing that a private citizen with no political experience won a democratic election.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just been watching some of Cori Bush's speeches.

Politics needs more of people like her, and less of Trump, but also less of of other old rich folk who have used their privilege to only enrich themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.