Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
She seems a bit aggro, bro. I wouldn't want to be the Maccas staffer who forgot to put pickles on her quarter pounder.

Seems like she's just fearmongering to me. Italy is a highly religious country. She's just trying to squash the rights of people who don't have many rights there in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, I still think the people in power are placed in power for a reason, but entertainment wise, I like the talk that opposes the world view.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I still think the people in power are placed in power for a reason, but entertainment wise, I like the talk that opposes the world view.
Fair enough, bro. I'm not against anti establishment narratives, but only when people use them with genuine intent and for the right reasons. The Catholic Church IS the establishment over there. So her speech just strikes me as dog whistling to fellow conservatives. Interesting what she says about people being reduced to numbers, but the narrative about identity can be easily flipped. Family is 1 thing that gives people identity, each religious person is 1 of God's followers, even the narrative that there are only 2 genders. People can always be framed in a narrative that reduces them to numbers. There's also another interesting debate about whether religion is about identity/ individuality as she seems to suggest, or collectivism. And the answer to that question also comes down to perspective and interpretation.

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just a civil case at the moment. You do understand these are serious allegations of fraud and sny evidence the AG might have is likely to be passed onto both the feds and IRS, right?
Really, So you think its serious ? Sorry mate your reading the wrong headlines. Since when is it illegal to over inflate the price of a Building on Wall St, ?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Really, So you think its serious ? Sorry mate your reading the wrong headlines. Since when is it illegal to over inflate the price of a Building on Wall St, ?
If he has done that as alleged, it is fraud.... to the literal letter of the law. The man is a crook. If you can't see it by now, you never will.

If I am reading the wrong headlines, would you care to provide some of the "right" ones?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Try buying $100 million worth of property then tell the taxation office that you only have $1 million in assets.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok, how about this one:

Trump calls Ryongsong

Hello, I'd like to speak to Kim Jong
Kim Jong Ill
No, Kim Jong Un
Kim Jong ILL
Sorry, I must have Ryongsong the wrong number
Hi, can I speak to Mr Wang?
No Wang here
What about Mr Wong?
No Wong here
Sorry, I wang the wong number

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you are asking the bank for a loan and using it as collateral.

According to the AG it is called fraud.

Who knew???

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
She is an interesting one. The party she is leading is pretty much the party formed from a lineage that goes back to the fascist party around WW2 time (the one that allied with Hitler), but she has been more intelligent about it supporting Ukraine against Russia. But he allies want to form an alliance with Russia so there's some confusion there.

Most would say that she's further right than Trump, but she's more intelligent and a much better politician.

The fear many have is that her government will ally with Russia and China to form a new Axis, but I think it's more likely that she'll just focus on what is happening in her own country. She will push to reverse progress for LGBTQI people, but Italy is pretty far behind the rest of the world in that respect already. So unless she actually bans homosexuality, like Russia did. It's unlikely that much will change for them. They'll just see less progress for LGBTQI crowd.
It’s a joke they’re calling her far right. Not every country has to have the same dam ideologies and agendas as america. Homosexual activity normal in American culture? Ok cool that does not mean it now needs to become the norm in every single country and every country is shamed if they don’t follow americas politics. This is globalism at work.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a joke they’re calling her far right. Not every country has to have the same dam ideologies and agendas as america. Homosexual activity normal in American culture? Ok cool that does not mean it now needs to become the norm in every single country and every country is shamed if they don’t follow americas politics. This is globalism at work.
The Romans were boofing each other's buttholes way way before America

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Romans were boofing each other's buttholes way way before America
Actually the Roman’s never really got into that. Nor did they get too much into child sacrificing/infanticidez probably why Jesus chose rome for his church

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, it's not just that. She's also anti-immigration, anti-Muslim, very firmly Nationalist, anti-EU, and her party spawned from the Italian Social Movement which was a neo-Fascist party that worked to bring Fascism back.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, it's not just that. She's also anti-immigration, anti-Muslim, very firmly Nationalist, anti-EU, and her party spawned from the Italian Social Movement which was a neo-Fascist party that worked to bring Fascism back.
Who cares though? Aren’t they allowed to have their own national ideologies that don’t line up with yours or mine or other countries? To them we’re probably wrong in their eyes. So what makes us right and them wrong? Anti immigration especially at this point in history in Europe is not a bad thing if you’re worried about keeping your culture. And when has been a nationalist ever been bad? Very big difference to a nationalist and a white nationalist. There are also plenty of Islamic countries anti Christian. And that’s their right as it is italys if the majority want that.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough, bro. I'm not against anti establishment narratives, but only when people use them with genuine intent and for the right reasons. The Catholic Church IS the establishment over there. So her speech just strikes me as dog whistling to fellow conservatives. Interesting what she says about people being reduced to numbers, but the narrative about identity can be easily flipped. Family is 1 thing that gives people identity, each religious person is 1 of God's followers, even the narrative that there are only 2 genders. People can always be framed in a narrative that reduces them to numbers. There's also another interesting debate about whether religion is about identity/ individuality as she seems to suggest, or collectivism. And the answer to that question also comes down to perspective and interpretation.
The Catholic Church is not the establishment in America, the Southern Baptists have far more influence in American society, Free masionary would be the most powerfull group in America, (I heard in some areas up to 40% of the men are freemasions) to prove my point Kennedy was the first Catholic President and what happened to him and Bobby his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.