U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
There's a pretty important distinction that needs to be drawn there, I think. Politicians didn't confect the outrage that led to those protests.,,,unless Derek Chauvin was a DNC plant. Protesters had a constitutional right to assemble in protest, and yeah, I'm sure some were doing the wrong thing, but I don't think the Cops who cleared the area really discriminated between law abiding protesters and those who were causing property damage. In any event, a public protest which was inspired by real events is very different from the forcible entry of an angry mob into a government building based on a president's paranoid delusions.

I get the whole sentiment of establishment mistrust and all, but Trump supporters have done some dangerous things in his name and things could get a lot worse. Nothing authoritarian about Biden giving a speech.... unless he follows it up with punitive measures aimed at Trump supporters who are not breaking any laws.

I don't really see much use in Biden's comments.....they will probably only reinforce the divide.... but I think the V for Vendetta comparisons are a bit over the top.
no i think the distinction is the previous protest were a bunch of gays/lesbians/vegans and they didn't have the required amount of cojones to achieve what they wanted, but if they could have gone in there and strung up trump then they would have been happy

biden talking about MAGA republicans being a threat to democracy is very stupid, if the maga republicans want to party like its 1899 with a crazy right wing platform including burning witches and have enough votes to gain power then that is still 100% democracy

i think the threat is something else entirely, the threat that the republicans would go after fauci and investigate the origins of covid if they got control of congress, fauci announced his retirement and the republicans said that wouldn't save him, so this is preparation for that event and a last minute rally to prevent it happening

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Just when you thought she couldn't get any dumber...........................................

Majorie Taylor Green laughing that 'President' Justin Trudeau has bought 30 electric planes for Air Canada (a private company).

Forgets to mention United Airways has ordered 100.

Then compares electric planes to slave ships and air stewardess to slave masters whipping slaves to keep rowing boats.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just when you thought she couldn't get any dumber...........................................

Majorie Taylor Green laughing that 'President' Justin Trudeau has bought 30 electric planes for Air Canada (a private company).

Forgets to mention United Airways has ordered 100.

Then compares electric planes to slave ships and air stewardess to slave masters whipping slaves to keep rowing boats.
She speaks fluent trumptard..!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sky News heavily edited the speech down and cut out the parts where he said that he supports and works with most Republicans. They basically just showed him calling Trump supporters "extremists" then said that Biden is calling all Republicans extremists.
Either way you gotta agree to some extent even calling trump supporters extremists is divisive and in no way unifying.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Either way you gotta agree to some extent even calling trump supporters extremists is divisive and in no way unifying.
Definitely. It was definitely a divisive thing. But Sky News turned it from,"Biden hates the die hard Trump supporters" to "Biden hates all Republicans"

What Biden said wasn't above reproach. He took an angry mob and called them all "terrorists". That's pretty divisive. But nowhere near as divisive as what Trump and Sky News did.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due. This female literally put the lemon in his place. Let’s keep having these conversations cnn lmao.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay no attention to the snowflake, brown shirt wannabe
but........But..........................BUT.....................................

I like to remind @Realist90 I am still around, every once in a while.

He just needs to see my name and he goes off.

Then I see his rant, take the piss out of him and then get bored of his wannabe Christian rants and ignore him.

I like to remind myself how I live rent free in his head after I have a crappy day.

Petty, but hey, if it works......it works.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
NY state has raised a civil case against Trump. They claim they have plenty of evidence to confirm that he and his children lied about the worth of their properties. They are asking for $250m in damages and a ban from them operating businesses in NY.

If the case passes, the information gathered will then be passed on to the IRS and feds as it constitutes fraud and would likely result with Trump spending time in prison.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NY state has raised a civil case against Trump. They claim they have plenty of evidence to confirm that he and his children lied about the worth of their properties. They are asking for $250m in damages and a ban from them operating businesses in NY.

If the case passes, the information gathered will then be passed on to the IRS and feds as it constitutes fraud and would likely result with Trump spending time in prison.
Trump said she's racist though and that's the only reason he's being charged

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Surely he’s fucked now. No second dip of the presidential cracker for Donny.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
its a civil case, Trump will be fine.. its just another of the Phony witch hunts , there been so many ive lost count.
Poor old sleepy Joe will be dead before he gets Trump put in jail

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
its a civil case, Trump will be fine.. its just another of the Phony witch hunts , there been so many ive lost count.
Just a civil case at the moment. You do understand these are serious allegations of fraud and sny evidence the AG might have is likely to be passed onto both the feds and IRS, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.