U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has to be controlled opposition otherwise he wouldn't of got no where near being the president.

But You're right, Murika is free falling. Nobody needs to attack them, just like the towers, they are imploding.
I am in two minds on that --> if Trump was within the swamp so to speak, why was he attacked by the media so relentlessly, undermined by the FBI, impeached twice on trivial matters etc. but if he wasn't within the swamp, why does he appoint the likes of Pompeo and Barr, withdraw from the INF Treaty, keep arming Ukraine etc.

I may have listened to one too many economic conspiracists but I fear the US won't be able to effectively combat inflation by raising the interests rates high enough because of the sea of debt the US is swimming in and so they will allow the inflation to run riot and swallow up ordinary folkes

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more we see this debacle the more it becomes obvious that for all its faults, our form of government is by far superior and less prone to corruption.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am in two minds on that --> if Trump was within the swamp so to speak, why was he attacked by the media so relentlessly, undermined by the FBI, impeached twice on trivial matters etc. but if he wasn't within the swamp, why does he appoint the likes of Pompeo and Barr, withdraw from the INF Treaty, keep arming Ukraine etc.

I may have listened to one too many economic conspiracists but I fear the US won't be able to effectively combat inflation by raising the interests rates high enough because of the sea of debt the US is swimming in and so they will allow the inflation to run riot and swallow up ordinary folkes
He played his role my bro, he got the far right cultists involved, playing with their stupidity to get them to play their roles.

Order out of chaos, divide and conquer, etc.

To put in real terms, "Look at what my left and right hand are doing and don't look at the dick that's fucking you".

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The more you see this debacle the more it becomes obvious that for all its faults, our form of government is by far superior and less prone to corruption.
there are definitely aspects of the US system that are troublesome to see... for example, the politicisation of the Supreme Court and you can see that with the appointments of Trump (eg. Kavanaugh, who has an interesting history) and now Biden, the leaking of the reversal of Roe vs Wade, open threats on Supreme Court Justices

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
there are definitely aspects of the US system that are troublesome to see... for example, the politicisation of the Supreme Court and you can see that with the appointments of Trump (eg. Kavanaugh, who has an interesting history) and now Biden, the leaking of the reversal of Roe vs Wade, open threats on Supreme Court Justices
IMO the timing of "Roe v Wade" is perfect.... instead of questioning the clear distruction of the food supply/manufacturing, oil prices, etc, everyone is talking about that.

Pure distraction.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He played his role my bro, he got the far right cultists involved, playing with their stupidity to get them to play their roles.

Order out of chaos, divide and conquer, etc.

To put in real terms, "Look at what my left and right hand are doing and don't look at the dick that's fucking you".
the problem though is that Trump's rhetoric and policies undermine old school Republicans and this energised MAGA crowd just may have created a split in the GOP... now, you won't see it in the upcoming elections as the Republicans will simply run on a 'how bad are the Democrats' agenda but in 4-6 years time, I think you will see an establishment vs populist internal battle for Republicans

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
the problem though is that Trump's rhetoric and policies undermine old school Republicans and this energised MAGA crowd just may have created a split in the GOP... now, you won't see it in the upcoming elections as the Republicans will simply run on a 'how bad are the Democrats' agenda but in 4-6 years time, I think you will see an establishment vs populist internal battle for Republicans
You may be right, but i see a totally different "type" of government.

Some believe that they are crashing all aspects of life to implement a new world wide regime IE NWO, Great reset or whatever they want to call it. Globalisation is what is label it if I had to.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the timing of "Roe v Wade" is perfect.... instead of questioning the clear distruction of the food supply/manufacturing, oil prices, etc, everyone is talking about that.

Pure distraction.
maybe... especially since a recent poll found that a majority of Americans believe the sanctions are worse for the US than Russia and that they don't really care if Putin is successful in Ukraine... plus, there are cynics that believe the Democrats will weaponise the Roe vs Wade for the midterm elections... even so, that is an astonishing breach of the Supreme Court

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may be right, but i see a totally different "type" of government.

Some believe that they are crashing all aspects of life to implement a new world wide regime IE NWO, Great reset or whatever they want to call it. Globalisation is what is label it if I had to.
there are plenty of content creators on YouTube etc. that tackle the Davos crowd, if you're interested

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
there are plenty of content creators on YouTube etc. that tackle the Davos crowd, if you're interested
Problem with that there is a few scraps of truth within all the misinfo, disinfo and blatant bullshit.

I don't force my thoughts on people but do have my thoughts, i like to see what the left and right think, so I have a base of what not to waste time on.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with that there is a few scraps of truth within all the misinfo, disinfo and blatant bullshit.

I don't force my thoughts on people but do have my thoughts, i like to see what the left and right think, so I have a base of what not to waste time on.
the more different sorts of information you take in, the better... it kind of sets the ambit, so to speak, for a topic --> the right, the left, liberal, conservative, mainstream, conspiratorial etc. and then you just have to work out where you are on said spectrum

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has to be controlled opposition otherwise he wouldn't of got no where near being the president.

But You're right, Murika is free falling. Nobody needs to attack them, just like the towers, they are imploding.
I think Trump was a bit of a wild card, but one the Republicans backed anyway because they knew he was popular and the president doesn't have that much power anyway.

Republicans would just block anything he did that they didn't like. And apparently they did. Apparently there was stuff Trump put forward that his staff never passed on because it was too crazy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This has always been a problem with the supreme court. The idea was that it would remain impartial because the members are independently elected by a standing office at various times. A voice of the people. Problem is that the ones electing them are far from impartial.

Status
Not open for further replies.