Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Tyson Frizell

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would he move to Sydney when he just bought a house in Merewether?

NEWCASTLE Knights star Tyson Frizell and his wife Samantha are set to put down roots in Merewether Heights after buying a home to accommodate their growing family.

The couple announced the purchase via their Instagram accounts on Wednesday after posting a picture in front of the sold sign with their two children Axton and Easton with the caption: 'New beginnings (for the 4th time in 2.5 years) at least it's finally our own!'.

The couple are expecting the arrival of their third child this year.

Frizell is one of nine off-contract Knights players vying for one of a few remaining roster spots in 2024. The purchase could signal his interest in sticking around.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just figured out who he looks like(I posted a pic of him in a other thread)..Seal! Lol
Idk how much donero would he command? if Edwards develops i wouldn't want the old fella cutting his grass at lock..could he be a proper grunt/middle?? Sceptical, I'd prefer Saifiti.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the Knights let him leave. He’s an experienced player who is also a leader. Looking at their side it’s hard to believe they are in salary cap stress even after playing Ponga a rumoured $1.2m a year

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Knights have been notified Frizell will be representing the state, with teammate Daniel Saifiti also in contention pending the outcome of Sunday’s games.

Frizell played 14 matches for the Blues between 2016-2020 and is slated for a return after his excellent form for the Knights.

Saifiti is competing with Manly’s Jake Trbojevic for a spot in Fittler’s squad, with the Sea Eagles taking on the Raiders.

— with NCA Newswire

@CQDog
saifiti

Last edited:

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why would he move to Sydney when he just bought a house in Merewether?

NEWCASTLE Knights star Tyson Frizell and his wife Samantha are set to put down roots in Merewether Heights after buying a home to accommodate their growing family.

The couple announced the purchase via their Instagram accounts on Wednesday after posting a picture in front of the sold sign with their two children Axton and Easton with the caption: 'New beginnings (for the 4th time in 2.5 years) at least it's finally our own!'.

The couple are expecting the arrival of their third child this year.

Frizell is one of nine off-contract Knights players vying for one of a few remaining roster spots in 2024. The purchase could signal his interest in sticking around.

Investment. Has a house in Gymea that he’s returning to when he retires. Rented it out at present.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would the Knights let him leave. He’s an experienced player who is also a leader. Looking at their side it’s hard to believe they are in salary cap stress even after playing Ponga a rumoured $1.2m a year
Not really. Look at some of the sh!t teams we put together after our last GF appearance whilst under SC stress.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Loved him when he was killing it at Saints...probs not now, he is best on an edge when he torments halves. We have Preston and Kiks as first choice. Don't think he is as effective as a middle. Maybe back to Saints? Maybe even roosters if Angus is cooked? Tigers have Papalii, Bateman and Pole so probs not there either.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. Look at some of the sh!t teams we put together after our last GF appearance whilst under SC stress.
That was because of back ended deals and paying for players to go elsewhere. Nobody really does that anymore as the dead cap hit isn't worth it

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frizell is heavy/big enough to play prop.. could be a good option for him to come to the dogs to play out his career playing front row minutes.. 40-50mins a game.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like us to be getting some forwards, not sure Frizell is the 1 though, based on my estimate of his price

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His signing on what he could bring to the side would remind me of Bruce Maguire back in the 90s.
At the right price he would be a useful addition.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like us to be getting some forwards, not sure Frizell is the 1 though, based on my estimate of his price
What price u reckon? Playing well apparently I really haven't noticed him much, actually surprised to see him starting in SOO.
Turns 32 in October ....

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What price u reckon? Playing well apparently I really haven't noticed him much, actually surprised to see him starting in SOO.
Turns 32 in October ....
Assuming a couple of things, he has a good origin series and the cap is approx 13 mil . . . He might get 6 -650k . Experience is invaluable

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
32 and no doubt wants 2-3 year deal I’d be 600k top if he is good for this year. He was elite years prior though not sure now.