WWOS MOLE Tyrell Sloan

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
SLOAN MAY LEAVE DRAGONS
Don't be surprised if talented young Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan - touted as the next big thing at the Dragons at the start of the year - quits the club.

Sloan had strips torn off him by coach Anthony Griffin recently and has told friends he believes he has no future at the club.

His confidence is badly shaken and with Cody Ramsey starring at fullback last weekend, Sloan won't be back in the top grade any time soon.

The youngster has already been dropped twice in the opening 11 rounds of the season and shapes as an ideal signing for Wayne Bennett and the Dolphins.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I would love this but look who reported it….

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone who’s been watching him actually play will agree with Griffin not playing in first grade. He might be a star one day but atm he’s all hype and there’s more wrong then right with him. Very far from being a star in first grade

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Kid will be a gun! Get him and Brimson as our halfback, with Foran going to Titans, can’t keep him and Sexton both happy.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Griffin gave this kid a spray & deservedly so & cries he wants out allegedly… T Ballz wanted to be matey matey with his team of f{}ck up’s, rarely dropped anyone and the Dogs are dead last & T Ballz got kicked to the kerb

Which coach did the right thing?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone who’s been watching him actually play will agree with Griffin not playing in first grade. He might be a star one day but atm he’s all hype and there’s more wrong then right with him. Very far from being a star in first grade
100% correct, its why we cant just chuck in young players when they are not ready. Everyone calling for JJ head, if he goes who does his 40 tackles? you need experience and youth, but u cant just throw in every reserve grade player after they beat the team coming last.
Griffin is doing the correct thing here, if you cant take a spray then you wont survive in the NRL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I actually don't think he's good enough/shown enough for us to gamble on. If it's a small contract maybe. I want a lot better tho. We need players who're definitely going to make a difference.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% correct, its why we cant just chuck in young players when they are not ready. Everyone calling for JJ head, if he goes who does his 40 tackles? you need experience and youth, but u cant just throw in every reserve grade player after they beat the team coming last.
Griffin is doing the correct thing here, if you cant take a spray then you wont survive in the NRL
Sloan like Saab is acting like a entitled **** and I’m sure his manager isn’t helping his situation

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Saints. He's a massive talent with the ball and has some serious skills. But he's Dufty-esque in defence and will struggle to make it in FG til he addresses that.

He'd be worth signing if cheap on potential alone. But he's far from the finished product.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hook has always been good at the timing of youg first graders and seasoning them by short stints while getting used to the rigors and demands of week in week out FG.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Passing.
Also, did I not read that our reggies team BBO and co. touched him up a few weeks ago?
He is not the answer we need an established near gun if we're buying a premiership...oops I mean a fullback.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you take Sloan or Campbell if you had the choice?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Passing.
Also, did I not read that our reggies team BBO and co. touched him up a few weeks ago?
He is not the answer we need an established near gun if we're buying a premiership...oops I mean a fullback.
26-6 but our reserve grade teams pretty good :D

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sloan like Saab is acting like a entitled **** and I’m sure his manager isn’t helping his situation
you would hope not, but managers are selfish ***** tho

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about signing him as a winger until he matures and develops ?
Move Kiraz to centre inside Jac.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Campbell because he's more proven in FG and seems to handle the physicality slightly better. But Sloan showed at the end of last season in FG what he's capable of.
Idk if you remember but they were touting Ramsey last year then he went like shit, this kid had a crack and flopped so Mbye goes there for a while, and now Ramsey has a breakout game and he is apparently the one again..lol
Jury's out plus he may be a sook? Has another 2 years on his contract sounds messy all round..
Campbell isn't available at all is he? But agree he is better far less erratic and can actually tackle, both are slight guys very similar build wise.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Idk if you remember but they were touting Ramsey last year then he went like shit, this kid had a crack and flopped so Mbye goes there for a while, and now Ramsey has a breakout game and he is apparently the one again..lol
Jury's out plus he may be a sook? Has another 2 years on his contract sounds messy all round..
Campbell isn't available at all is he? But agree he is better far less erratic and can actually tackle, both are slight guys very similar build wise.
I wouldn't think Campbell is available but they're floating rumours around that he is and a few Sydney clubs are interested. Could be complete bullshit. Especially with Preston as the ambassador there.

Sloan would be a project signing for any club that might amount to nothing but could be a bargain if he reaches his potential. In attack he looks special at times. His defence and attitude are a massive concern but he's too young to write off. Saints could regret letting him go.