Two packs better than most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to illustrate our depth of quality forwards a multitude of combos can be made to field two great forward packs. Here is experienced vs youth, come up with some fearsome combos to belt the opposition

FORWARDS PACK A
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood
Subs 14. Kasiano, 15. Maitua

FORWARDS PACK B
8. L. Perrett
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Finucane
12. Browne
13. Jackson
Subs. 14. Burr, 15. O'Hanlon

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Just to illustrate our depth of quality forwards a multitude of combos can be made to field two great forward packs. Here is experienced vs youth, come up with some fearsome combos to belt the opposition

FORWARDS PACK A
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood
Subs 14. Kasiano, 15. Maitua

FORWARDS PACK B
8. L. Perrett
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Finucane
12. Browne
13. Jackson
Subs. 14. Burr, 15. O'Hanlon
LOL well done mate! The thing is though we would have to be losing some of those guys who are good enough fo FG but can't give them a regular run. We will lose some good players I reckon.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL well done mate! The thing is though we would have to be losing some of those guys who are good enough fo FG but can't give them a regular run. We will lose some good players I reckon.
I would say, like most teams who win a comp, that the team will be pulled apart at that point. After you win a comp all players salaries go up and you can't keep them all. Roosters will feel that soon with all their players playing rep footy now they will seek an upgrade or ask for alot more when they are up again for a new contract. The only team that this has not happened to is Manly and respect to them for keeping that team together for so long. However it seems that time might also be coming to an end now.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would say, like most teams who win a comp, that the team will be pulled apart at that point. After you win a comp all players salaries go up and you can't keep them all. Roosters will feel that soon with all their players playing rep footy now they will seek an upgrade or ask for alot more when they are up again for a new contract. The only team that this has not happened to is Manly and respect to them for keeping that team together for so long. However it seems that time might also be coming to an end now.
Yeah and I think that is the source of the turmoil at Manly. Blokes like G. Stewart and the rest taking paycuts or not demanding as much then DCE coming through wanting what he's worth. Can't fault either side really, just happens. My concern is losing blokes like Mbye, I would really like to see him come on through at the dogs.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I'm interested to know how pack B would be better than most.

jamescairns2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm interested to know how pack B would be better than most.
Pack b would destroy the bottom rung teams, and most likely packs like dragons, tigers, broncos, maybe eels. Struggle against rabbits and roosters.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
8. Kasiano
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Williams
12. Finucane
13. Eastwood

Versus

8. Tolman
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Pritchard
12. Maitua
13. Jackson

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah and I think that is the source of the turmoil at Manly. Blokes like G. Stewart and the rest taking paycuts or not demanding as much then DCE coming through wanting what he's worth. Can't fault either side really, just happens. My concern is losing blokes like Mbye, I would really like to see him come on through at the dogs.
So true. I guess if a culture is built up in a way that pay cuts are taken to build success then they assume everyone else that comes through will also buy into it.
Good times don't last forever. Personally I am looking forward to seeing a manly decline!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Switch Kasiano and Maitua to pack B, with O'Hanlon and Browne going to pack A and you have recruits verse home grown talent.

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood
Subs
14. Browne
15. O'Hanlon

FORWARDS PACK B
8. Kasiano
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Finucane
12. Jackson
13. Maitua
Subs.
14. Burr
15. Perrett

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Switch Kasiano and Maitua to pack B, with O'Hanlon and Browne going to pack A and you have recruits verse home grown talent.

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood
Subs
14. Browne
15. O'Hanlon

FORWARDS PACK B
8. Kasiano
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Finucane
12. Jackson
13. Maitua
Subs.
14. Burr
15. Perrett
Homegrown is pretty good

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Williams
13. Eastwood
Subs
14. Browne
15. O'Hanlon

FORWARDS PACK B
8. Kasiano
9. Mbye
10. Klemmer
11. Finucane
12. Jackson
13. Maitua
Subs.
14. Burr
15. Perrett
Surely Graham counts as home grown, he is as Bulldog as they come and we are his first NRL any level club lol

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pack b would destroy the bottom rung teams, and most likely packs like dragons, tigers, broncos, maybe eels. Struggle against rabbits and roosters.
Definitely dont see pack B dominating Tygirls pack at full strength. Nor would they be better than the Groncos or Eels packs.

Might have to take the ol doggies goggles off brother lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Considering Graham is 2 forwards in one, why not have Blue Graham vs Black Graham?

It would be like the mirror matches from the original Mortal Kombat. And Graham would have an alternate outfit.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's our main strength, which more than compensates for weaknesses in other area's.

Status
Not open for further replies.