Two of the six members of our “leadership group” have never played FG for the bulldogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Poor comeback, but I’ll accept it. But, on your original argument about culture and understanding the clubs history blah blah blah, don’t forget, we missed the finals also, and we had a skipper who bled blue and white, oozed the bulldogs DNA and understood to culture with +200 games.

Look at your argument again about club captain needs to play X amount of games to lead a team to glory, DCE didn’t make the finals, he’s played 10yrs for Manly, is the QLD and was the incumbent Aus No.7 and they missed the finals under his leadership. Hunt has been at the dragons for years now, was the Dally M favourite and all those games in the red v he couldn’t drag the team to the finals.

Again, I’ll go back to my original statement, it’s about the best man/men for the job. By your logic, if Cam Smith rocked up to a new team during his career, he would make a poor captains choice in that first year, that’s absolutely laughable.
Nobody should captain a team they’ve never played for. Not Adam Reynolds, not Cam Smith. Nobody.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Fam,

It just occurred to me that 33.3 percent of our leadership group have never played a game for us in first grade… let alone have a good idea of what the club is all about. One of those players has been named co-captain.

There was a time when you had to earn your stripes for this club. Our culture is slowly dying. Sad times… sad times indeed.
All of the squad, at some stage of their careers, had never played first grade for the club. Your point being?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
All of the squad, at some stage of their careers, had never played first grade for the club. Your point being?
That they shouldn’t be captain until they’ve played for the club. Would have thought that would be pretty obvious, famioso!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Don’t stop now, lovers. We almost at 5, baby!

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not your best post Gun, this wont make it to 10 pages, now if you came out and said Flanno should be capt you would have had a better reaction