Two & A Half More Years Of Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Our spine gets smashed a lot but our forward pack rarely ever fires. Swear they have the slowest play the balls in the NRL atm.
Its quite embarrassing lol then people honestly think that things have changed. HA!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
would you rather continue on with the reynolds and mbye combo?

Gotta take the risk I say
I'd rather we figure something out with the three options we have rather than taking a gamble in Foran, yeah.

I'm all for recruiting in key positions, but we should still be recruiting sensibly and with a view to the long term. Foran doesn't fit that hill for me...for a number of reasons; questions over his fitness, questions over his mental fitness, questions over dodgy associations, murmurs and allegations/ rumours of shady underground activity, the fact our club is high profile and attracts negative headlines (I have no doubt that if Foran signs with us, the media will crank up the heat and speculation on him to try and burn us and that will not be good for Foran or ultimately for us.)

I might be wrong, he's a very good player when he's mentally switched on...but I just don't think this will prove to be a good move for us.

Honestly I think we'd be better off just picking the players we have in their actual best positions and continuing to look for a half or fullback with less baggage.

I just don't think Foran is our answer...and I think we've already missed out on good players who could have helped us due to Des' apparent fixation with getting him here.

Des is our biggest problem and at best my feelings are mixed about signing a great but volatile player like Foran.

I just have a bad feeling about it....

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why support them then? With supporters like you who needs enemies?? It's a free world mate....just move on
Take your own advice you hypocrite and lay off gotenks!

thanks for your feedback, retard

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bulldogs have been declining for years. Players have been let go without adequate replacements. Results are getting worse as the years ago on. There is no excuses for des. The side he has now is his side. Every single player in your side is either recruited by him or re-signed

Not sure why the club re-signed him. Nothing has changed for you guys and things are only getting worse. Des spending big money on another prop just shows this

Would have been better off letting des go and signing cleary
Funny enough results have actually stayed pretty much the same season wise (2013:13W11L, 2016:14W10L) thats one of the main reasons we wanted a change in coach because its almost ground hog day every year for us no matter whos in the team.

Its most likely this year will also be 13 or 14 wins for the season and maybe 1 finals win and then knocked out in the second week.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Funny enough results have actually stayed pretty much the same season wise (2013:13W11L, 2016:14W10L) thats one of the main reasons we wanted a change in coach because its almost ground hog day every year for us no matter whos in the team.

Its most likely this year will also be 13 or 14 wins for the season and maybe 1 finals win and then knocked out in the second week.
Maybe in terms of wins it's the same but to me the quality of football isn't as good which is the issue.

There's definitely no improvement there which you should be able to see

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe in terms of wins it's the same but to me the quality of football isn't as good which is the issue.

There's definitely no improvement there which you should be able to see
What year did you think we played better other then 2012?

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What year did you think we played better other then 2012?
Mate that's a tough one haha

Probably 2014 just purely because it's not easy to make a grand final. Use played ok until the last part of the season. 2013 was the opposite. Slow start with a better finish

2014 was similar to last year in terms of not finishing well at the back end of the season.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all knew that with all of the talk of change in the offseason nothing would actually change but things are now getting worse.

Having a halfback on the bench and moving the player they locked up on huge dollars as a half to hooker each game only turns us into more of a disorganised rabble. It also ruins the confidence of each of our playmakers and leads to zero cohesion.

The persistence with short dropouts, even late in games when protecting a lead is mind-numbingly dumb. Not letting players put grubbers into the in-goal and instead persisting with midfield bombs is as negative a tactic as you can have, especially with Frawley now in the team who has a solid short kicking game.

Constantly picking out of form and out of shape players and never dropping anyone just makes the team more stale each year and has the club further away from progress.

I'm not going to any more games and I can barely watch anymore. The only reason I will watch is to see what new moronic things Des will do that week because it's been six years of this and he's delivered nothing. In that same time once also-rans like Cronulla, Canberra have surpassed us in leaps and bounds for now and the future while clubs like Parra and Penrith are also better run off the field and have a way better production line of talent than we could ever dream of.

The fact that we have a CEO who has zero idea and comes out and says results aren't important regarding our coach is just incomprehensible. She is doing a terrible job and they allow Des to do what he wants and sign twelve more props for huge money on likely backended deals which will make it harder for the next coach who takes over. Not that there will ever be a new coach as Des will probably have the job til he's in a nursing home. And he'll be just as senial then as he is now!

Every fan, expert and commentator can see this mess and know that nothing has changed yet the club don't seem to mind.

The board deserves the most blame for allowing the CEO and coach to keep their positions when they've been so bad at their jobs. The club obviously don't care that the fans are irate and want change at all levels. They promised change and instead there's been none and Des gets rewarded for it with a new deal somehow.

The only way we can get our message across is to stop attending games, buying merchandise and that's exactly what I and many others will be doing. Doing this doesn't sit well with me but then again neither does Hasler, Castle and the board ruining a once great club. Too bad it will be another two and a half years of the same rubbish week in week out with no change.
I haven't renewed my membership for first time since late 90s I don't like the way the club is going. The fact that they let all of our captains leave is just beyond me. Once ennis left that was it for me. I'll only watch the games if I'm not at work( I do arvo shift 6 days a week) or if I'm not out doing things in the weekend with the family. Gone are the days when I'd make sure I'd go to every game every stadium or get home to watch it.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate that's a tough one haha

Probably 2014 just purely because it's not easy to make a grand final. Use played ok until the last part of the season. 2013 was the opposite. Slow start with a better finish

2014 was similar to last year in terms of not finishing well at the back end of the season.
In 2014 we won a lot of those games from field goals and Trents goal kicking, like this years match with the Roosters we would of beaten them had we had someone who could kick goals. Not finishing well is an understatement lol, we were 1st after 10 rounds and then only won 5 of our last 14 games. That finals run while I cant call it lucky we did get favourable matches with 2 teams (manly,storm) who until this year we had great records over.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay no knowledge of this Devil OP fans,
He is a Penrith fan trying to destabilise our club and steal josh Jackson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to think the fans finally voicing their displeasure and making it known things were unacceptable and the crowd numbers dwindling led to Dib firing Hasler.

Plus Dib had to do something to try and save his own neck with the elections coming up and the results were getting worse and worse.

I'm just glad Hasler is gone and we have a our club back. Everyone's looking forward to next season and I can't wait to see our team play with passion and energy again!

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
One thing i missed from being away from the kennel is btrainben's long assed essays. Glad to see nothings changed bro lol

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pharq...seems like a long time ago when I first read this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.