Not open for further replies.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
OP put it too much effort to raise no new points.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh I don't even know what "play footy" means. They are all playing footy, some just play shittier footy than others. We play the shit type lol.
I consider "playing footy" to mean reacting to what is infront of you and making good decisions based off that. We don't do that, we are overcoached and overstructured imo. Our players lack the ability to read the game anymore, they sorta just play through the motions as it has been drilled into them over the years.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only hope I have with Des is that he is getting sick of watching this rubbish. Watching the Tigers game on television he went off in the coach's box on a number of occasions.

Our best chance is that he clears the dead wood at the end of the season. We need another big recruitment drive like 09.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OP put it too much effort to raise no new points.
Because a nine page thread on blaming the refs is really groundbreaking discussion with so many new points. As is having two threads on Reynolds and him running sideways.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bulldogs have been declining for years. Players have been let go without adequate replacements. Results are getting worse as the years ago on. There is no excuses for des. The side he has now is his side. Every single player in your side is either recruited by him or re-signed

Not sure why the club re-signed him. Nothing has changed for you guys and things are only getting worse. Des spending big money on another prop just shows this

Would have been better off letting des go and signing cleary

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just the few games he played for the eels and warriors he made shit teams look good.
Yeah I'll look forward to him "improving" us for a few games until he either has a breakdown or gets arrested. If we sign Foran it's a dumber signing than Hopoate.

OP is right IMO. Hasler is NOT for this club. Neither is Foran.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I'll look forward to him "improving" us for a few games until he either has a breakdown or gets arrested. If we sign Foran it's a dumber signing than Hopoate.

OP is right IMO. Hasler is NOT for this club. Neither is Foran.
Well unfortunately hasler is for the next 2 and a half years lol

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was one loss. The forwards didn't show up.

What can your coach do when your forwards don't show up. Penalty count is 7 - 2 and your team makes 11 errors. A player gets 10mins in the bin and we purposely turn over possession on the 1st tackle near the line and on the 3rd tackle near the line.
I thought for a team who had no momentum the whole game we actually did ok on the scoreboard.
We played one of the worst defensive teams in the comp, and played like a schoolboy team. This is inexcusable, and please don't bring up the refs...we should have put them to bed in the first half, they were ripe for the picking.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I believe we will see change next year...as long as we get Foran.

I believe Des admires and respects Foran far more than any of our current roster and, as such, will listen to him for advice and suggestions. I have no doubt that's how he operated at Manly with guys like Foran and the Stewart boys. That's probably how he got his reputation as a great man manager.

With us it seems it's been his way or the highway, a policy that has seen a number of good players being shown the door. Ennis Pritchard etc are all players who openly questioned our methods and they were subsequently shown the door.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know how you laugh at Tigers for hanging their hat on one win back in 2005? That's how everyone else looks at us for still living off 2004. Sad reality.

All the talk of bulldog winning culture is a meme to keep fans and sponsors. That winning culture is 30 years past. Show me some winning culture now or stop talking about it.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bulldogs have progressively been on a decline since 2012 in my opinion. Every year the club has done worse and even the players who were a class above like Klemmer and Jackson have even lost form the previous year or so

Klemmer whilst still a good player, isnt as damaging as he was a few years ago

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well unfortunately hasler is for the next 2 and a half years lol
You don't know that. Something might happen...haha yeah ok I'm clutching at straws, I think we're stuck with him.

I just think Foran is a big risk ...if he comes with his head screwed in and the police are honestly fine with him he might be ok for us, but he's not a sure fire path to success for us and his apparent pending signing just doesn't fill me with confidence Des is the right guy for the job.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
It was one loss. The forwards didn't show up.

What can your coach do when your forwards don't show up. Penalty count is 7 - 2 and your team makes 11 errors. A player gets 10mins in the bin and we purposely turn over possession on the 1st tackle near the line and on the 3rd tackle near the line.
I thought for a team who had no momentum the whole game we actually did ok on the scoreboard.
Definitely not the first time the forwards haven't shown up tbh.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You don't know that. Something might happen...haha yeah ok I'm clutching at straws, I think we're stuck with him.

I just think Foran is a big risk ...if he comes with his head screwed in and the police are honestly fine with him he might be ok for us, but he's not a sure fire path to success for us and his apparent pending signing just doesn't fill me with confidence Des is the right guy for the job.
would you rather continue on with the reynolds and mbye combo?

Gotta take the risk I say

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fair enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I believe we will see change next year...as long as we get Foran.

I believe Des admires and respects Foran far more than any of our current roster and, as such, will listen to him for advice and suggestions. I have no doubt that's how he operated at Manly with guys like Foran and the Stewart boys. That's probably how he got his reputation as a great man manager.

With us it seems it's been his way or the highway, a policy that has seen a number of good players being shown the door. Ennis Pritchard etc are all players who openly questioned our methods and they were subsequently shown the door.
So he's a ****?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing Des has confirmed in his time with us is that he is a bog average at identifying,developing and retaining talent. Off the top of my head:

Lafai,Ennis, Williams, Pritchard,Mbye, Cook, Hoppa, Eastwood, Tolman, Ese Ese, Kasiano, Lichaa

are questionable examples where Des has gone out of his way to sign, re sign, get rid of, get rid of early or not be able to get the best out of players.

Moses seemed to be signed in the hope we didn't have another JT situation on our hands and now less than a year later and after having had HOW long to assess his ability, we're shopping him around...seriously?

Mortimer and Baa were on the money. Des has fucked us, and now blames lack of talent for his fuck ups, and now he's asking for and been granted pots of gold to make over his roster, like a spoilt petulant little child.

Fuck off Des!

Status
Not open for further replies.