Two & A Half More Years Of Torture

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all knew that with all of the talk of change in the offseason nothing would actually change but things are now getting worse.

Having a halfback on the bench and moving the player they locked up on huge dollars as a half to hooker each game only turns us into more of a disorganised rabble. It also ruins the confidence of each of our playmakers and leads to zero cohesion.

The persistence with short dropouts, even late in games when protecting a lead is mind-numbingly dumb. Not letting players put grubbers into the in-goal and instead persisting with midfield bombs is as negative a tactic as you can have, especially with Frawley now in the team who has a solid short kicking game.

Constantly picking out of form and out of shape players and never dropping anyone just makes the team more stale each year and has the club further away from progress.

I'm not going to any more games and I can barely watch anymore. The only reason I will watch is to see what new moronic things Des will do that week because it's been six years of this and he's delivered nothing. In that same time once also-rans like Cronulla, Canberra have surpassed us in leaps and bounds for now and the future while clubs like Parra and Penrith are also better run off the field and have a way better production line of talent than we could ever dream of.

The fact that we have a CEO who has zero idea and comes out and says results aren't important regarding our coach is just incomprehensible. She is doing a terrible job and they allow Des to do what he wants and sign twelve more props for huge money on likely backended deals which will make it harder for the next coach who takes over. Not that there will ever be a new coach as Des will probably have the job til he's in a nursing home. And he'll be just as senial then as he is now!

Every fan, expert and commentator can see this mess and know that nothing has changed yet the club don't seem to mind.

The board deserves the most blame for allowing the CEO and coach to keep their positions when they've been so bad at their jobs. The club obviously don't care that the fans are irate and want change at all levels. They promised change and instead there's been none and Des gets rewarded for it with a new deal somehow.

The only way we can get our message across is to stop attending games, buying merchandise and that's exactly what I and many others will be doing. Doing this doesn't sit well with me but then again neither does Hasler, Castle and the board ruining a once great club. Too bad it will be another two and a half years of the same rubbish week in week out with no change.

Last edited:

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro, you have made no new points here. Don't need a new thread for this. If you you really think a few people not buying merch will make a difference, you are having a laugh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does any thread on here the last however long about anything actually raise new points?

The fact that we are all frustrated with the same issues each year is the point I'm making. You're right, none of this is new or groundbreaking. I'm sick of seeing and talking about it too. Which is why change is needed. And it won't happen. So I want to let it be known that I and many others won't support the club fully until change occurs.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here we go again...... how long did it take you to write this shit? close Thread and try to think up something more constructive and interesting if you can?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please enlighten me, what is constructive and interesting about the teams performances or the direction the club is headed?

If there was ever any change or improvement then maybe different threads would pop up. But under Hasler that's not really possible now is it?

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It was one loss. The forwards didn't show up.

What can your coach do when your forwards don't show up. Penalty count is 7 - 2 and your team makes 11 errors. A player gets 10mins in the bin and we purposely turn over possession on the 1st tackle near the line and on the 3rd tackle near the line.
I thought for a team who had no momentum the whole game we actually did ok on the scoreboard.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we have signed Foran you can expect change. He isn't type of half to sit back and let the props take first receiver, nor have I seen him run sideways.

Just the few games he played for the eels and warriors he made shit teams look good.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not about the loss man. Even in the wins we were ordinary and lucky to win against mediocre opposition. Everyone knows we'll finish between 5th and 8th and lose first or second week in the finals again. If we're lucky. Is that good enough for a two year contract extension?

The problem is making the finals each year and getting wins mask the continued problems that have been on display every year since the first year under Des.

Regarding Foran, he would make a huge difference obviously. But will Des coach the football out of him? And will his shoulders and hamstrings be able to keep him on the park? Will he stay on the straight and narrow back in Sydney with all of his old mates?

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does any thread on here the last however long about anything actually raise new points?

The fact that we are all frustrated with the same issues each year is the point I'm making. You're right, none of this is new or groundbreaking. I'm sick of seeing and talking about it too. Which is why change is needed. And it won't happen. So I want to let it be known that I and many others won't support the club fully until change occurs.
Fair enough, it is a forum after all, so tis' your prerogative to post whatever you want.

I just honestly don't think it is as doom and gloom as you (and others) are making out. We got beat by a Tigers team who put in their first 80 minute performance of the season. And lets not forget, that match winning try they scored was fuckin' arsey. The tigers actually have a bloody decent team too. Now that they have a decent coach, they will go alright IMO.

Sure, there are plenty of frustrating things happening at the moment, but there are also some positives too. Life is all about perspective. If all ya do is focus and dwell on the negatives, that is all you will ever see.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please enlighten me, what is constructive and interesting about the teams performances or the direction the club is headed?

If there was ever any change or improvement then maybe different threads would pop up. But under Hasler that's not really possible now is it?
I agree this team isn't going to change. But it's obvious that they want too change with the chasing of teddy and Foran.

With this team all we can do is hope we make the 8, because it doesn't have the players nor type of play to douch more than that.

That's Hasler fault too btw.
It's not about the loss man. Even in the wins we were ordinary and lucky to win against mediocre opposition. Everyone knows we'll finish between 5th and 8th and lose first or second week in the finals again. If we're lucky. Is that good enough for a two year contract extension?

The problem is making the finals each year and getting wins mask the continued problems that have been on display every year since the first year under Des.

Regarding Foran, he would make a huge difference obviously. But will Des coach the football out of him? And will his shoulders and hamstrings be able to keep him on the park? Will he stay on the straight and narrow back in Sydney with all of his old mates?
He didn't coach the football out of him at Manly, so my guess is no. I don't believe that " coach the football out him" shit anyway. The hooker, yes, he wants him just for a certain role. But coach the footy out of the others is just a myth. If he did that why would he let our PROPS pass the ball the way they do. If anything he let's them play too much footy. Just look at Kas and Eastwood for example of that. Then he let's Grub run around sideways backward and every way he wants. Lee Offloads more than anyone in the comp. It's a myth that the Kennel has latched onto.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree this team isn't going to change. But it's obvious that they want too change with the chasing of teddy and Foran.

With this team all we can do is hope we make the 8, because it doesn't have the players nor type of play to douch more than that.

He didn't coach the football out of him at Manly, so my guess is no. I don't believe that " coach the football out him" shit anyway. The hooker, yes, he wants him just for a certain role. But coach the footy out of the others is just a myth. If he did that why would he let our PROPS pass the ball the way they do. If anything he let's them play too much footy. Just look at Kas and Eastwood for example of that. Then he let's Grub run around sideways backward and every way he wants. Lee Offloads more than anyone in the comp. It's a myth that the Kennel has latched onto.
He definitely let's them throw the ball around but in 5 years he hasn't gotten our pack or backs to run straight and hard and throw it around off the back of that. Which is what Canberra are great at and what you have to do as you need to earn the right to throw it around and get the opposition on the back foot for it to be effective.

Whereas like Penrith this year, we just go side to side and look rudderless.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just laughable that the board acknowledges our roster needs a clean out that Des put together so they reward him with a 2 year extension and allegedly a $500k per season increase ,like fuck me are they smoking pipe

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He definitely let's them throw the ball around but in 5 years he hasn't gotten our pack or backs to run straight and hard and throw it around off the back of that. Which is what Canberra are great at and what you have to do as you need to earn the right to throw it around and get the opposition on the back foot for it to be effective.

Whereas like Penrith this year, we just go side to side and look rudderless.
That's different to "coaching the footy out of them". It's just shitty structures Thats why the Foran signing is an indication to change. He isn't coming here (if true) to run sideways and drop JJ off on the inside. He will be here to take control and straighten us us, something he has done at all three clubs he has been at.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just laughable that the board acknowledges our roster needs a clean out that Des put together so they reward him with a 2 year extension and allegedly a $500k per season increase ,like fuck me are they smoking pipe
Yeah that is stupid. They basically agree that he rooted the roster but still sign him up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

That's not letting them play footy, that's just 2 fat ***** making brain dead calls under fatigue lol.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

in any other business if i buy a machine for which i have to pay 800 ks/ year for next 4 years and it turns out to be a dud useless machine and I suggest my management to look for perspective buyers for this 800ks/year machine soon after i have purchased it, I will be getting the sack before you know it.

meanwhile at dogs des can shop Mbye soon after he has signed him up on a massive deal and get away with it.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We all knew that with all of the talk of change in the offseason nothing would actually change but things are now getting worse.

Having a halfback on the bench and moving the player they locked up on huge dollars as a half to hooker each game only turns us into more of a disorganised rabble. It also ruins the confidence of each of our playmakers and leads to zero cohesion.

The persistence with short dropouts, even late in games when protecting a lead is mind-numbingly dumb. Not letting players put grubbers into the in-goal and instead persisting with midfield bombs is as negative a tactic as you can have, especially with Frawley now in the team who has a solid short kicking game.

Constantly picking out of form and out of shape players and never dropping anyone just makes the team more stale each year and has the club further away from progress.

I'm not going to any more games and I can barely watch anymore. The only reason I will watch is to see what new moronic things Des will do that week because it's been six years of this and he's delivered nothing. In that same time once also-rans like Cronulla, Canberra have surpassed us in leaps and bounds for now and the future while clubs like Parra and Penrith are also better run off the field and have a way better production line of talent than we could ever dream of.

The fact that we have a CEO who has zero idea and comes out and says results aren't important regarding our coach is just incomprehensible. She is doing a terrible job and they allow Des to do what he wants and sign twelve more props for huge money on likely backended deals which will make it harder for the next coach who takes over. Not that there will ever be a new coach as Des will probably have the job til he's in a nursing home. And he'll be just as senial then as he is now!

Every fan, expert and commentator can see this mess and know that nothing has changed yet the club don't seem to mind.

The board deserves the most blame for allowing the CEO and coach to keep their positions when they've been so bad at their jobs. The club obviously don't care that the fans are irate and want change at all levels. They promised change and instead there's been none and Des gets rewarded for it with a new deal somehow.

The only way we can get our message across is to stop attending games, buying merchandise and that's exactly what I and many others will be doing. Doing this doesn't sit well with me but then again neither does Hasler, Castle and the board ruining a once great club. Too bad it will be another two and a half years of the same rubbish week in week out with no change.

I feel your pain and frustration mate.

as if frustration of last 4 years wasnt enough that now we have to go through same mental torture every week for the next 2.5 years.

this dud of a coach wants ready made premiership winning team which will make him look good.

if it wasnt for frawley which he accidentally included in the team due to Mbye's suspension, we would be 1 win from 8 games.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not letting them play footy, that's just 2 fat ***** making brain dead calls under fatigue lol.
Tbh I don't even know what "play footy" means. They are all playing footy, some just play shittier footy than others. We play the shit type lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
in any other business if i buy a machine for which i have to pay 800 ks/ year for next 4 years and it turns out to be a dud useless machine and I suggest my management to look for perspective buyers for this 800ks/year machine soon after i have purchased it, I will be getting the sack before you know it.

meanwhile at dogs des can shop Mbye soon after he has signed him up on a massive deal and get away with it.
Exactly right. You can't even blame Des too much at this point. He's too stubborn and arrogant to change. He is who he is and the club knows that. He's not going to turn down a contract extension when he probably has a fraction of the options elsewhere that he would have had when he first left Manly.

Firing a few Des lacks in his support staff was purely a PR stunt as those people had little influence and Des controls everything at the club because they let him be a tyrant that has total power.

Us being fringe top 8 each year is what led to all of the pressure at the end of last season and in the preseason and here were are 8 weeks in and we're still a fringe top 8 team. So what do they do? Give him a new deal. Even if he signs Woods and Foran the point is he doesn't deserve the right to be there. It's the CEO and Board who are at fault for rewarding this mediocrity and taking the fan base for a ride.

They should all go but nothing has changed. How many more failures are needed for some sort of change to occur? Re-signing Des for two more years and expecting anything different to happen is like letting Rolf Harris mind your kids after you knew about his child abuse charges and expecting him to not do anything to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.