Opinion Turning point

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hudson Young smashed Lewis and Britt just stood there like a cat and watched it unfold.

No enforcers in the pack. I don't care if you don't rate Lewis but if there is a grub act against the halves someone has to stand up.
He's fast becoming a huge grub in the nrl. He should've been on report for that dog shot. Two eye gouges last year..

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have taken the penalty goal when Starling was binned, reset our attack, discussed line speed and moved forward with the kick off. Taken a few minutes to get ready to start again. Instead we did nuffy attack and couldn’t score against 12 players!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon we got outclassed. Nothing more nothing less and that is just purely because of our current roster.

There were two teams out there. One is very settled with their roster with depth and class where the other has fringe players that would struggle to make top eight sides and who are revamping their squad with alot of uncertainty with individual players. Not to mention a fill in coach.

Did you honestly expect anything different? We put up a great fight most weeks and honestly we don't deserve being last if effort and guts determined where a teams sits on the ladder because teams like the Broncos show nothing like the effort our guys put in week in week out.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hudson Young smashed Lewis and Britt just stood there like a cat and watched it unfold.

No enforcers in the pack. I don't care if you don't rate Lewis but if there is a grub act against the halves someone has to stand up.
I know, unbelievable.. I definitely would of shaken Hudson's hand..

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree, because they were knackered. I hope our strength and conditioning team is out the door next year too. They've been a fraud for a number of years now.
They have all been sacked!! Thank god.we are embarrassing my 80 year old mother is fitter then half our team.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the last three years the defence has been passive - whether it was a lack of fitness, technique, strength - other clubs are able to dominate with and without the ball. It has an accumulative effect. Ogden Toomaga Katoashowed against Canberra why they have had little time in fg - they dont defend consistently enough - Jackson has been woeful last night Hopoate was basically a passenger.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 restarts ,
a sin bin ,
we get tackled on the 3rd .
Canberra injury . 2 plays left.
.........play resumes
We pass to Tollman for a hit up and slow play the ball them JMK passes to RFM instead of Foran on the last.
Say no more
Yes jmk has been pretty good but that was very dumb

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are fit for reserve grade
We dont have the stamina of big men we are up against.

Totally out muscled. Players are fit but dont have the physique and always behind the 8 ball with possession.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon we got outclassed. Nothing more nothing less and that is just purely because of our current roster.

There were two teams out there. One is very settled with their roster with depth and class where the other has fringe players that would struggle to make top eight sides and who are revamping their squad with alot of uncertainty with individual players. Not to mention a fill in coach.

Did you honestly expect anything different? We put up a great fight most weeks and honestly we don't deserve being last if effort and guts determined where a teams sits on the ladder because teams like the Broncos show nothing like the effort our guys put in week in week out.
The first half showed why we should not deserve the spoon.........the second showed why we do........

Malla

Reaction score
Shouldn't really knit pick on this. End of the day we are a team of losers who have no clue how to win a game. Bit of pressure and the boys crumble.

I am extremely disappointed in Josh Jackson. I thought he was still a good solid player but the drop off this year has been massive. He is looking more like a front rower.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
3 restarts ,
a sin bin ,
we get tackled on the 3rd .
Canberra injury . 2 plays left.
.........play resumes
We pass to Tollman for a hit up and slow play the ball them JMK passes to RFM instead of Foran on the last.
Say no more
Agree. Turning point was when we were given a penalty, and a Raiders player binned. Instead of taking the 2 points and extending our lead, we opt to go for a try, then die with the ball on the 5th. No kick into the in goal to test their defence, or trap them in goal; just a dud run and get tackled. Then we give them possession to get downfield and score. After that, they had a whiff of a win, and we went back into our shell.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really wish we had a best post on this forum because your one is it my sentiments exactly, that pest Tolman was getting in the way again & played nearly the whole game.
Actually, I noticed Tolman passing more than normal during the game.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The turning point is we just don't have the cattle.

On skill and size alone we were outclassed in every position with the exception of Ogden v Lui and RFM v Whitehead.

Meaney, Montoya, Holland, DWZ, Lewis is just about the worst backline in modern nrl history. It's exactly why we are on the bottom of the table

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still can't believe we didn't sign Holbrook and instead chose to extend Pays deal...
Holbrook ! , do you rate him ?
He is one of the best League coaches out there at present and if he gets his way after the next 5 weeks, he will taking the player you don’t rate, Thompson to the Gold Coast too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Holbrook ! , do you rate him ?
He is one of the best League coaches out there at present and if he gets his way after the next 5 weeks, he will taking the player you don’t rate, Thompson to the Gold Coast too.
Good, he can take him. Then maybe we can go out and buy a player we actually need.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good, he can take him. Then maybe we can go out and buy a player we actually need.
More importantly it’s the strength and conditioning coaches that’s required ! Not more players to blame.
The worry though, one of the new coaches coming in is from the Titans, can’t see Holbrook letting him go if he was any good...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
More importantly it’s the strength and conditioning coaches that’s required ! Not more players to blame.
The worry though, one of the new coaches coming in is from the Titans, can’t see Holbrook letting him go if he was any good...
It's Dan Ferris and his results have been terrible in the NRL. I don't have much hope under this current administration.