Tug of war for Kiwi giant Ofahiki Ogden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Tug of war for Kiwi giant

The Bulldogs and Warriors are involved in a bitter battle for promising Kiwi forward Ofahiki Ogden.

A former Junior Kiwi and New Zealand under 16s and under 18s representative, Ogden is at the Warriors but has agreed to play for the Bulldogs next year.

But the Warriors are attempting to change the 21-year-old’s mind, with coach Stephen Kearney desperate to keep the young prop or second-rower in Kiwiland.

Big and strong, Ogden has been a standout for the Warriors in both the Holden Cup and NSW Cup in the past four seasons and the club sees him as a future first grader.

But the Bulldogs, who will lose several players due to their salary cap woes, are looking for cut price players with ability and Ogden fits the bill.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/19...-latrell-mitchell-a-kangaroos-bolter-the-mole

http://www.warriors.kiwi/team/profiles/ofahiki_ogden.html

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why didn't they give him his debut this season if they wanted to keep him so badly? Not like the Warriors pack was performing well this season lol.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kearney mate, stop thinking about this kid, and think about how you will fix the culture and save your fucking job. You have the New Zealand spine and you can't even crack the top 8. I doubt a fucking 21 year old prop will change your long term fortunes

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Why didn't they give him his debut this season if they wanted to keep him so badly? Not like the Warriors pack was performing well this season lol.
One can only speculate. Maybe the Warriors think he is worth retaining now that we are sniffing him out, but they didnt think he was ready to debut this season.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kearney mate, stop thinking about this kid, and think about how you will fix the culture and save your fucking job. You have the New Zealand spine and you can't even crack the top 8. I doubt a fucking 21 year old prop will change your long term fortunes
Well said and completely accurate

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They farewelled him at their last NRL game lol. Also Metcalf signed with Cronulla over a month ago. Mole has no idea.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
we'll never hear about this guy until another one of these stories pop up and we'll be like "remember Ofahiki? lol"

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If warriors do have something to be optimistic about, we have had atleast 5 players agree to terms in the last few years that never ended up at the club. This guy might be number 6 :p lol

On a side note what ever happened to the fat leuilua kid? Did he play nrl this year? Think we dodged a bullet with that one for sure.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If warriors do have something to be optimistic about, we have had atleast 5 players agree to terms in the last few years that never ended up at the club. This guy might be number 6 :p lol

On a side note what ever happened to the fat leuilua kid? Did he play nrl this year? Think we dodged a bullet with that one for sure.
He was named in the 23 every week. Didn't see any NRL though. I think he's going okay. No loss though and am happy we didn't get him because he's fat as hell

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was named in the 23 every week. Didn't see any NRL though. I think he's going okay. No loss though and am happy we didn't get him because he's fat as hell
Kid was actually the fittest I'd ever seen him by end of the season. Should break out next year. Was Illawarra's Cup player of the year.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kid was actually the fittest I'd ever seen him by end of the season. Should break out next year. Was Illawarra's Cup player of the year.
That's good, i saw on the saints forums people saw him smoking etc. when we were in talks with him.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ogden was farewelled at the Warriors presentation night so looks as though he may be on the way over

Status
Not open for further replies.