Trial Team News Bulldogs VS Knights

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbaz is under pressure to win the first few rounds so no time for experimenting on positions already locked in.
I'm not convinced that Barrett is under that much pressure in the early rounds, everyone knows the team needs time to gel. Especially with half the team never having payed a game together. That's why the "experts" as picking us to finish so low in the ladder, a lack of early gel.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbaz is under pressure to win the first few rounds so no time for experimenting on positions already locked in.
I agree, If positions are locked in. Burton's not there in any case so we'll get how he is thinking I guess

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but if jakes playing halfback this year there’s no point playing him at 5/8 in the trials.
Fair point and logical if Jake is definitely locked in. I mentioned it because many pundits are saying Jake is a running half and with Burton having the day off Jake could slot into his role. No doubt the halves will be swapped around during the game in any case.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that Barrett is under that much pressure in the early rounds, everyone knows the team needs time to gel. Especially with half the team never having payed a game together. That's why the "experts" as picking us to finish so low in the ladder, a lack of early gel.

Always a Bulldog
i agree his job is fairly safe but for marketing and promotions im sure Gus would like a few wins on the board early.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree, If positions are locked in. Burton's not there in any case so we'll get how he is thinking I guess
all reports averillo is 7 and Burton is 6. Flannigan is not a 6, so id assume wakeham or BBO at 6, but i think BBO will play 14 so it makes sense to play him there on rotation with JMK.
i think right wing and right centre is up in the air at the moment, other than that the bench rotation

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair point and logical if Jake is definitely locked in. I mentioned it because many pundits are saying Jake is a running half and with Burton having the day off Jake could slot into his role. No doubt the halves will be swapped around during the game in any case.
Our halfback is going to run as much if not more than our 5/8

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they haven't really got a good squad though. KP, Saifiti bros and Best are the only decent players in their squad
Gagai, Frizell. There others back rowers aren’t bad. I just hope there all named, to give us a better indication

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our halfback is going to run as much if not more than our 5/8
for the first time in a long time we now have threats on both sides of the ruck, no double teaming up on our halves anymore

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think players like Flanagan, Alamoti and cook will see a lot of game time.

grunta

= dOgGyStYlE =
Reaction score
We have the worst time slots. Even in the trials
How fuckin annoying hey mate! I've been waiting in anticipation for months, especially with our new recruits... its been a long, hard, rough few years watching my team strughle and sit at the bottom of the table! Fuckin frustrating the dogs game is 7pm on Monday night! Out of all of the 8 games, dogs are playing the last game (both trials mind you) haha... my withdrawal are killing me! Super greatful they will be televised, just wish they were on Friday night or Saturday, Monday is too far away.

Up the doggies

gregeastwood

Waterboy
Reaction score
How fuckin annoying hey mate! I've been waiting in anticipation for months, especially with our new recruits... its been a long, hard, rough few years watching my team strughle and sit at the bottom of the table! Fuckin frustrating the dogs game is 7pm on Monday night! Out of all of the 8 games, dogs are playing the last game (both trials mind you) haha... my withdrawal are killing me! Super greatful they will be televised, just wish they were on Friday night or Saturday, Monday is too far away.

Up the doggies
It’s been like that for ages. An example is our first 5 games being on a Sunday. It’s not annoying at all:expressionless:

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Up the doggies
Agreed. Just killed my interest when i saw Monday and we've got about 4 Sundays in a row.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the first time in a long time we now have threats on both sides of the ruck, no double teaming up on our halves anymore
It’s been a while since we had a regular threat on one side of the ruck let alone two. Foran’s occasional cameo was about it recently, and they were nothing special. Lewis was only a threat to audio equipment.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whats the Knights line up?
Are Klemmer, Fitzgibbon and Frizell going to ruffle our feathers?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s been a while since we had a regular threat on one side of the ruck let alone two. Foran’s occasional cameo was about it recently, and they were nothing special. Lewis was only a threat to audio equipment.
lewis was a steal

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother! Hopefully the pain will be well worth it this year
sundays are great, last year we had the worst time slot of saturday afternoon.
no kids sport on sunday