Trial Matches

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Should we put in a petition to try get all trial Matches telecasted?

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Should we put in a petition to try get all trial Matches telecasted?
I think it would be good not only for supporters but also the guys who participate in the fantasy leagues to be able to see the prospects of all sides

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trials are good because I’m hanging out for some footy by February but they are usually terrible to watch. The weather, match fitness and amount of players used doesn’t really give a indication about anything.

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Trials are good because I’m hanging out for some footy by February but they are usually terrible to watch. The weather, match fitness and amount of players used doesn’t really give a indication about anything.
Be a good thing for NRL plus supporters and whatever charity was chosen, just a pipe dream really

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharks and panthers are the two trial games i assume?????

Eagle1

Banned
Reaction score
Be a good thing for NRL plus supporters and whatever charity was chosen, just a pipe dream really
Sharks and panthers are the two trial games i assume?????
16 teams 2 trials per team so 32 charity games lead up to NRL and the kids would get to meet there sports stars

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up trials for me.

I think a pre season comp and maybe a slightly shorter season proper would be better.

As a kid growing up in the bush, the pre season cup games were the highlight if the year. We went to games in Griffith, Leeton, Narrandera, Albury, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong... anywhere just to see some footy live.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought we only had the one trial against the Sharks?
Tho in the vids, they say plural trial(s).

Anyone have date details etc.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we only had the one trial against the Sharks?
Tho in the vids, they say plural trial(s).

Anyone have date details etc.
i thought because of the shorter than usual off season each team would only be able to have a single trial?.... last trial i went to we lost 2 players... not sure i wanna try that again.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
i thought because of the shorter than usual off season each team would only be able to have a single trial?.... last trial i went to we lost 2 players... not sure i wanna try that again.
Dragons for instance have a few scheduled.

Having said that I prefer to go with Baz' plan rather than Hook's.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up trials for me.

I think a pre season comp and maybe a slightly shorter season proper would be better.

As a kid growing up in the bush, the pre season cup games were the highlight if the year. We went to games in Griffith, Leeton, Narrandera, Albury, Wagga Wagga, West Wyalong... anywhere just to see some footy live.
Agree, televised trials would also benefit the broadcasters, with more advertising revenue, for Fox and Ch9.