Trial #2 Roll Call - Cantebury Bulldogs v Canberra - Sat 27th February 2010 @ Dubbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is it like mate, sounds like you've been there.
It's great. I love it, although its been a long time since I've been there. :(

Expensive to get in, but most things are these days.

You can hire a bike to ride around the zoo. Or drive. Or walk.

I think you can get involved at feeding time, and sleep at the zoo - but that might be something to look up on the net.

Take a picnic for lunch. Camera. Maybe binoculars.

But otherwise, definitely get there as early as possible. If it gets too hot, the animals disappear to the shade of trees and rocks hundreds of metres away. Guaranteed.

Wellington has the Cathedral Cave and the Gaden Cave and the Mine. I'm cynical about the Mine because they put a cement floor in it to make it wheelchair accessible. Not so original in that respect, but still some interesting facts about it. Unless that's your thing, I'd probably prefer to check out the actual caves.

There's a rabbit farm at Wellington too, but they may just take tour buses. You could check that out.

If you're driving, go back to Sydney through Mudgee, and stop off at a wine cellar or two. Just make sure you have a designated driver. :whacky:

JackTheLad

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're driving, go back to Sydney through Mudgee, and stop off at a wine cellar or two. Just make sure you have a designated driver. :whacky:
Cheers mate, no designated driver necessary, I don't drink.

In that case I may leave for there Friday afternoon and make a long weekend of it.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

You can hire a bike to ride around the zoo. Or drive. Or walk.

I think you can get involved at feeding time, and sleep at the zoo - but that might be something to look up on the net.

Take a picnic for lunch. Camera. Maybe binoculars.

But otherwise, definitely get there as early as possible. If it gets too hot, the animals disappear to the shade of trees and rocks hundreds of metres away. Guaranteed.

Wellington has the Cathedral Cave and the Gaden Cave and the Mine. I'm cynical about the Mine because they put a cement floor in it to make it wheelchair accessible. Not so original in that respect, but still some interesting facts about it. Unless that's your thing, I'd probably prefer to check out the actual caves.

There's a rabbit farm at Wellington too, but they may just take tour buses. You could check that out.

I think ill have a stop over in the Jenolan Caves

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dad brought a county music casset tape from the gaol and it is the worst thing I have ever heard. It is beyond bogan and there is this really bad song called "whos who at the Dubbo zoo".

MrCharisma

Legendary
Reaction score
I actually wouldn't mind going to Dubbo... weekend out of the city. Just like when I went to Coffs Harbour in 04 :O

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dad brought a county music casset tape from the gaol and it is the worst thing I have ever heard. It is beyond bogan and there is this really bad song called "whos who at the Dubbo zoo"UOTE]

Did anyone else laugh really f*cking hard at this? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The old Dubbo gaol is better than the zoo.

BTW, Its a long boring drive to Dubbo as well. Its not like driving up the coast where you are doing 110km's an hour, its more like 80 -100 zones with slow ass trucks slowing you down for ages at a time. I think it took us about 6 hours to get there from memory.

jen

Pleasing YOU since 1990'
Reaction score
VERY amped for this game! Its my university O-week, but theres no way i'd miss this!

Munnuz 1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am definately going. Dad is extremely keen and the sisters are coming too. Dad wants to play his stupid CD in the car for the whole trip lol. I'll prob arrive on Friday and leave on the Sunday.

btw I might have a spare seat if anyone wants a lift out there.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
I am definately going. Dad is extremely keen and the sisters are coming too. Dad wants to play his stupid CD in the car for the whole trip lol. I'll prob arrive on Friday and leave on the Sunday.

btw I might have a spare seat if anyone wants a lift out there.
feel sorry for you man lol

Status
Not open for further replies.