No Source Trent Merrin

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With Trent Merrin being released from his ESL contract, would you like to see him in a Bulldogs jersey.
Although we would need to release a player, and middle forward is not exactly the position we need to fill, I think a player of Merrin's calibre and experience would be ideal on a 2 to 3 year contract to help our young squad through the next few years.
Thoughts?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cheap as and on the bench yes.... and i only say yes because i think he would be a very handy player when and if the interchange is reduced due to his frame and skill.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Merrin would be a decent purchase. Past the peak of his powers but would be great for our younger players.

Very Experienced and comes across as a decent guy. An investment in the development of our young team.

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
no chance
he is on compassionate leave due to a death in his partners family, bloke is not going to leave $800 000 a year contract to play for peanuts.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no chance
he is on compassionate leave due to a death in his partners family, bloke is not going to leave $800 000 a year contract to play for peanuts.
Super league clubs have a salary cap of around two million pounds with I think one or two marquee signings only per club. I'm going to doubt hes on that much.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will go back to St Merge. Need to find a decent number 9 and centre before any more forwards.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing against the bloke, but nobody goes to ESL if their career is on the up.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He used to be with Sally Fitzgibbons (the surfer). I assume that bit the dust?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trent Merrin is another version of Woods

Cream puffs OUT. This is not a Bulldogs signing, no aggression, jogs to the line. Would make our pack worse than it is.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We definitely do need another forward, though our number 1 priority should be a 9 and centre.

Considering there are no centres available, we might have to battle it out till 2021.

On another note Robson & Brailey are off contract and we should try and nab one of the two.

Some decent forwards off contract as well, such as, Flegler, Christian Welch and George Burgess. All 3 would add alot of punch off the bench, though you would think George Burgess would demand a decent amount.

As Hill said, we will target certain players/positions as they are coming off contract, just like what they did with CHN even though we were stacked with backrowers.

We have Fualalo & Tualau off contract and you wouldnt be re-signing these two. You would promote To'omaga and buy another prop.

Lichaa & Brown off contract and you would not be re-signing these two. Robson or Brailey with JMK as backup/utility

Last edited:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Trent Merrin is another version of Woods

Cream puffs OUT. This is not a Bulldogs signing, no aggression, jogs to the line. Would make our pack worse than it is.
Please, Trent Merrin makes Aaron Woods look like Steve Price.

A Trent Merrin in his prime was fucking shit. He's so over the hill his name should be Hank.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Will go back to St Merge. Need to find a decent number 9 and centre before any more forwards.
What about Harper ? He is waiting in the wings.. and the young guys that have been given their debut have done great..!! Surely he gets his chance this year lol.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Harper ? He is waiting in the wings.. and the young guys that have been given their debut have done great..!! Surely he gets his chance this year lol.
I really hope so, most others given a chance have stood up, hopefully he gets a chance too.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa & Brown off contract and you would be re-signing these two. Robson or Brailey with JMK as backup/utility
I know it’s a typo, but Lichaa and re-signing should never be in the same sentence again.