Trent hodkinson coming good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you think it was the wrong decision to let him go, he looks like he is starting to come good slowly and he looked more comfortable last night. Do you think moses mbye is capable of being an effective number 7 next year as an organiser?

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We have made the right decision. Unfortunately Hodko is one more knee injury from career ending. Mbye is young, fast and has plenty of potential. He will come good with experience.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mbye is still young, he might not set the world on fire next year but having a consistent shot at first grade he has every chance of being a good player in a few years

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We made the right decision. Even of we win a premiership with Hodkinson this year, it's still the right decision.

Hodkinson in my opinion is our answer in 2015. He isn't from beyond 2015.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson took 13 games to start playing properly and he was relatively solid with flashes of brillance last night. But given it took him THIS long to come good i think we made the right decision, if you want to judge Mbye, wait until he consistently is allowed 13 bad games in a row and see if he improves because Hodkinson was given every possiblity to get where he is now, it's good that he's getting some form now but it's also ridiculous how much time it has taken him to get here and most players wouldn't be afforded half that time

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems he needed that to kick into gear, so, best for both sides I guess..... hard to fault the decision, you can't play crap for 2/3 a season, then find your form.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct decision has been made. His best is behind him, and we will see him return to his normal form in coming weeks.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One good run and it was a mistake letting him go?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I happy with the decision, mbye only young and will be a better player than hokko in my opinion

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least he is hititng form at the right time. Right desicion to let him go? only time will tell.

Now all we need is for Lafai to follow suit.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was ok last year until he re-injured his knee. I think the contract situation affected him, his Newcastle deal was probably done when he had that good game at Belmore and was ok on Friday.

Right at the moment I'm not sure about the Reynolds/Mbye combo but Des has an off season to get that right for 2016.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Reckon Desmondo is playing the three halves well.
It may be that Hodko needs to be nursed through a season due to his dicky knees. Likewise JR with his bung shoulders and MM learning the ropes.
All things going well, it with be a big plus should we have 3 fit halves ready to go come Sept/Oct.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
right decision, good player but isnt our type of playing style. we are more attacking whereas he is a defensive halve.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even if Hokko plays slightly better than Mbye down the track, that is irrelevant to me purely based on the fact that Lichaa, Klemmer and Mbye are very young and they are all good mates. Long term this will enhance the culture of the club and as we all know with a shit culture comes failure.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
right decision, good player but isnt our type of playing style. we are more attacking whereas he is a defensive halve.
We are an attacking team are we? with Reynolds crabbing across the field and Tolman and Graham taking 2 hitups each per set and never looking for an offload? With respect, we are the least attacking team in the 8. We play a grinding style, rely on penalties or broken play to achieve field position. Our forwards dont hunt as a pack like they did in 2012. Seriously, what other top 8 side would we beat consistently based on our form over the last 3 weeks?....Storm, maybe Warriors, maybe Souths, surely Cronulla.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His running game has improved of late, but he still lacks key elements of a top halve's game, such as a decent kicking game.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least he is hititng form at the right time. Right desicion to let him go? only time will tell.

Now all we need is for Lafai to follow suit.
Hodko takes a while to warm up but when he does he's a strong player and better than Thurston in that he won't choke

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Too little too late Hodko, you had plenty of time to secure another contract here but blew it.

We made the right call even if MBye flops.

Status
Not open for further replies.