Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a very bad feeling .. once titans sign hokko ,he will emerge into a very handy player and there will be a lot of kennelers feeling a bit off cue
If Origin performance is anything to go by, it wont be happening .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mermaid (where DCE was buying or may have) and Burleigh are beautiful spots. Even some parts out further from the beach in Tallebudgera and even Broadbeach is ok although a bit more like a tourist spot.
Burleigh and Tallebudgera are where those two pieces of shit (one related to Watmough), lived and assaulted that old mate just minding his business catching the bus.

There are some serious bogan areas just on the coach (which f**ked some really nice areas up there). It's these same dickflops that ruined Surfers Paradise too.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Burleigh and Tallebudgera are where those two pieces of shit (one related to Watmough), lived and assaulted that old mate just minding his business catching the bus.

There are some serious bogan areas just on the coach (which f**ked some really nice areas up there). It's these same dickflops that ruined Surfers Paradise too.
Surfers is a hole.

Tallebugera there is multiple parts, same as Burleigh. The part of "Burleigh" your referring to is really "Varsity Lakes" and even the people in Varsity Lakes refer to that exact area as "Stephens" the government renamed it in an attempt to tidy it up a bit. It is essentially a government housing area.

It is not at all reflecting on Burleigh to the locals e.g over there your average house would be 300-400k. In Burleigh your average house would be 800k+ for a normal family home.

Tallebudgera is different as far as you have so many different areas in Tallebudgera, the part I'm referring to that is beautiful you can't get a place there for under 1,500,000.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl.../story-e6frf3xc-1227381808458?from=public_rss

The Courier-Mail can reveal Gold Coast coach Neil Henry wants former Titan prodigy Sandow or Origin-winner Hodkinson to partner Kane Elgey in the halves.

The Titans were always uncomfortable with the $1.3 million a season they were paying for Cherry-Evans.

There were fears a raft of injuries next season would put them over the cap if they had to bring in replacements.

Following the Cherry-Evans backflip they have switched gears.

The Titans want to have a more rounded squad rather than piling their cash into a marquee.

The Titans now want a half under $500,000 a year, with Sandow and Hodkinson fitting that bill.

Hodkinson has been in poor form this year but did lead NSW to an Origin win and Canterbury to a grand final last season.
Sandow has been erratic as always for Parramatta but is a match winner and could be the spark outside the organising Elgey.

The Titans sacked Sandow in 2008 after he missed a series of training sessions.

Roosters five-eighth James Maloney could be an option but is asking too much at the moment and is in poor form also.

Henry wants a goal-kicking half to replace Canberra-bound Aidan Sezer. The Titans will not try to get Sezer to backflip from his Raiders deal, they believe they priced him right at about $400,000.

Cherry-Evans’ late call revealing he was staying at Manly means there is precious little left on the market for the Gold Coast.

There are only four halves playing regular NRL that are still available, being Sandow, Hodkinson, Maloney and Ray Thompson who is a bench hooker for the Cowboys. Robert Lui and Isaac John would be cheaper, short-term fixes while St Helens half Luke Walsh has been offered to NRL clubs.

. . .

“The impact has been significant because with such a marquee player it really did limit us with our recruitment and our recruitment strategy and factoring that into the salary cap,” Henry said.

“It was a considerable amount of work that had to happen for Daly to come on board to start off with.

“There are a number of halfbacks that haven’t signed contracts and high-profile ones so we’re just have to see.

“It certainly does free up a bit of money in the cap and we will have to look at that for the future of the club.

“No firm offers because it was really pointless to put an expression of interest in a player given that we don’t know if it was going to happen.

“It was purely hypothetical. We just have to have a look in the market now.

“We probably need some experience in the halves. Goal kicking would be an advantage.
So they don't want to spend a lot, and Sezer was on $400k

Maloney - Too Expensive
Sandow - $550k a season, no Origin experience, too inconsistent, not a decent goal kicker, previously sacked from club. Over their budget!!
Hodkinson - Rumoured to be asking $600k a season but will take less. Titans had $300k in sponsorship third party deals. If they valued Sezer at $400k, add in $300k third party deals, and offer Hodko $600k a season.

I can seriously see this as an option for them.
1. He kicks goals.
2. He is priced right.
3. He is cool and calm, with reasonable defence.
4. Partnered with Elgey may go really well.

and also important..

5. Perhaps he needs a sea change to fix the slump he is unable to get out of.

Yes it's a gamble, but I reckon it's very much worth it. Family in Sydney are only 9-10hrs drive or just over an hours flight away, so that's not a massive issue either.

APRIL 2015
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-soars-to-750000/story-fni3g67w-1227299723586

The Sunday Telegraph has been told it will take an offer of more than $750,000 a year to tempt the Parramatta junior, 26, to leave Belmore.

. . .

Being hunted by both the Cronulla Sharks and Manly Sea Eagles, Hodkinson will recommit to the Bulldogs on a long term deal if they offer him upwards of $500,000 a year.
I reckon his value has dropped since then, as his form is shocking.

If he wants Bulldogs to give him more than $500,000, then this is easy as piss for the Titans to seal this deal.

With third party agreements they had arranged for DCE, give them to Hodko, than means only $200k out of their own pocket ($200k a season less than Sezer).

If they went up to $600k a season offer to Hodko, that's $300k a season of their own money, and the rest in third party agreements. Still saves them $100k a year over Sezer.

and if that happens I'm sure the admins here can change a nickname to titans_fan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The tits still have LG yh?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
BIt's these same dickflops that ruined Surfers Paradise too.
Surfers is usually shit during tourist time, I've never had any problems at broadbeach or surfers during a normal weekend. Long weekends and holidays its a no go zone for me.

J

JonesBarry

I have a very bad feeling .. once titans sign hokko ,he will emerge into a very handy player and there will be a lot of kennelers feeling a bit off cue

lets see how this pans out ... in saying that I am happy for mbye to take the halves role
how can you suddenly emerge into a handy player?
he will be worse there, he is playing behind arguably the best pack in the comp.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Legend lol.
What a great speal , you have almost convinced me on wanting to keep hodcantkick.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how can you suddenly emerge into a handy player?
he will be worse there, he is playing behind arguably the best pack in the comp.
arguably the best pack in the comp ...if we could keep them on the paddock at once.....

its not beyond hokko to rediscover his form ,, as he did before ,,, so it would not be suddenly.. he would not be the first player to rediscover form at another club

J

JonesBarry

arguably the best pack in the comp ...if we could keep them on the paddock at once.....

its not beyond hokko to rediscover his form ,, as he did before ,,, so it would not be suddenly.. he would not be the first player to rediscover form at another club
he has never discovered his form nor has he showed any form has he? i cant remember one game in his history at the club where he has actually made a clean line break without being assisted? im sure he has but i cant recall it.
he has never dominated a game like the best halfbacks that for sure.
as tunksy said on 2SM this week, the halfback is supposed the best player if not one of the best and he isnt in the top10 at the dogs, thats being kind he said

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rediscover his form? It's 3 bloody months into the season, the bloke should be doing backflips over the crossbar by now.

Our on field trainer who distributes the water & Gatorade bottles during the games does more running than Hodko.

Form is definitely not the problem here.

Josh Reynolds was a player out of form and had a good game against the Raiders, hopefully that continues

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rediscover his form? It's 3 bloody months into the season, the bloke should be doing backflips over the crossbar by now.

Our on field trainer who distributes the water & Gatorade bottles during the games does more running than Hodko.

Form is definitely not the problem here.

Josh Reynolds was a player out of form and had a good game against the Raiders, hopefully that continues
im not talking about rediscovering his form at the bulldogs ... read my post !! .....at another club ya flop....

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he has never discovered his form nor has he showed any form has he? i cant remember one game in his history at the club where he has actually made a clean line break without being assisted? im sure he has but i cant recall it.
he has never dominated a game like the best halfbacks that for sure.
as tunksy said on 2SM this week, the halfback is supposed the best player if not one of the best and he isnt in the top10 at the dogs, thats being kind he said
so his form leading up to him and Reynolds being selected last year for origin .... what was that???

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does not matter which club, he will never have or rediscover form you pork chop
nice come back...... I can see I am conversing with someone who obviously is well versed in the rise and fall of rugby league players ...

never is a long time in the world of the nrl

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Gotta love the Hodko thread.

Brings out the e-rage in everyone :D

Surfers is usually shit during tourist time, I've never had any problems at broadbeach or surfers during a normal weekend. Long weekends and holidays its a no go zone for me.
We used to go up there in off peak (family own timeshare). Too much shit used to filter up there from Palm Beach, etc, to the point they are looking at selling up their timeshare and heading to Sunshine Coast instead for holidays.

The tits still have LG yh?
Yep and Hazard as well (if they re-sign him).

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice come back...... I can see I am conversing with someone who obviously is well versed in the rise and fall of rugby league players ...

never is a long time in the world of the nrl
No matter what life brings you, kick some grass over that shit and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.