Votes: 38 19.7%
  • Replace Tbaz with Flanagan at the end of the season

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s not under fire.

We need to give the guy a break, not only did he come on board with a weak roster, key players have been absent... Thompson missed the first 5 rounds, RFM and JMK haven’t played a full game, Jackson and Allen have missed several games...

Judge him by the end of our 2022 campaign.

We will be better with Burton, JAC & Naden coming over and we still have a handful of announcements to make... We should hear something soon, but we may find most announcements will likely be made towards the backend of the season.
Not to mention no one else wanted the job.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would you say that our players are playing to the best of their ability at the moment?
Where do you rank our current squad compared with the rest of the teams in the comp? Top 4 caliber? Mid table or bottom 4? I’m sure your answer is whereabouts where we currently sit on the ladder.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck me, reading some of the comments on here the bar for acceptance has been set lower than any time I can remember since the 70"s..

Judge after the end of 22??? Surely you cant be serious? If we win 2 or 3 games total this year and then go into 22 with JAC, Burton, Naden and at least a couple of hopefully big signings for 9 and prop, what's the benchmark for 22?? 5 wins, 7 wins ?? Faaaaark..

Seriously this bloke has had a roster not much different to last year but recruited Hetherington, Flange, Waddell, Allen etc. and total control of staff appointments, and we are a rabble.

Yes, he will be here until at least some time next year but if we still fucking suck by round 10 next year hopefully his ass is grass.

The better players WILL win us a few games but not because they have been coached by Barrett. You coach bad players to play better, you manage great players to perform their best. I don't reckon he can do either.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where do you rank our current squad compared with the rest of the teams in the comp? Top 4 caliber? Mid table or bottom 4? I’m sure your answer is whereabouts where we currently sit on the ladder.
Yep your 100% correct, my issue is not with the make up of the squad, but rather the things that the squad are and are not doing as referred to in the original post.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not all Trents fault, some of it can be blamed on sabotage, pressure, head torture, treachery and gutless precedent.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well let’s have a look at when we had Kevin Moore in 2009… we made the semi finals with that team.

2011 comes and we are kind of rubbish

2012 dessie enters the club and we make the grand final and in 2014.

irrespective of the players we had then and now. All we want to see as a club is a vastly improved side that can compete for 80minutes and not embarrassing this great club.

is TB the answer? Who knows but you can take the horse to water but you can’t make it drink. I feel like the club from top to bottom is still sensitive with alllll the bullshit from dessie exit to the boards changing twice.

only way I see us getting out of this whole is by winning games. The next three signings in the vital positions such as hooker and forwards are going to determine the energy and culture we have at this club for the next 3 years

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't take Tbaz seriously because any coach worth his salt can see Elliott is not a first grade players arsehole

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You should get a response when a new coach comes in, an uplift in performances ie Des in 2012 immediate impact. How many times do you see it in other leagues or sports? The manager or coach gets sacked and their is a bounce in results or performances.

It has gone even worse than under Pay & Georgalis and that should have alarm bells ringing.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
a sign of a good coach is a coach who is not afraid to sack players and hook them from the field, this weekly press conference where barrett says the effort was there is crap, if the players are showing effort, yet cant get the basics right,then that falls back onto the coach

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said this before…. From what I’ve seen I think the job is just way to big for him, I’m willing to wait till mid next year with his new recruits and game plan. No excuses next year.

Only thing im questioning atm is recruitment for 2022. What we have won’t make a massive impact on how we play atm. Without a decent Hooker, fb and couple of rep front rowers we will struggle to get off the bottom 4 next year. Im sitting hoping to hear some news every day but we are yet to get anyone… let’s hope they all come soon and in one hit!

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You should get a response when a new coach comes in, an uplift in performances ie Des in 2012 immediate impact. How many times do you see it in other leagues or sports? The manager or coach gets sacked and their is a bounce in results or performances.

It has gone even worse than under Pay & Georgalis and that should have alarm bells ringing.
Yep, not a even a sugar hit when Barrett arrived.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He will be under pressure mid next year if nothing improves then .

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can’t see why Trent is under any pressure, we have struggled for yrs and he took the job on, the teams on top have had teams and players in place for yrs and their jobs for yrs, time is what we need, it’s not his ideal team but it’s a start, no one should have put us anywhere on the ladder or improvement, we have no stars or players that have played through yrs of different club level, Trent will learn from this, he needs time, nsw’s struggled for yrs but people and fans held tight, what does it say about us, number 1 we need to give the coach time and support, 2 we will get there, we can’t just shaft last yrs problems to Mounties, we need to persist with our shit so we can get rid of it, players need to be thought about, we start loosing both grades and next yr we have more scars for our futures, leave the team where it is, let the young blokes learn how to win, so many players have gone missing due to 1st grade coming to quickly. Get rid of the rot and start again, it will make that yr everything clicks so much more, that yr we will be what we see the panthers doing now, stay strong dogs fans, stay strong

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team selections poor?
Who does TB have to choose from that would give us any better result.
The squad has been run down over the last 5 years when we ran aground post Des.
Correct BUT by dropping regular first graders to reserve grade like Hopoate, it sends a message.

I know it's different circumstances, but in 1984 we got smashed by Cronulla in round 22. Ryan dropped a couple of big names to reserve grade to shake things up & we didn't lose again that season. I'm not saying we will go on a winning streak if we do it, but it might make the players at least put in instead of being on field spectators.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t see why Trent is under any pressure, we have struggled for yrs and he took the job on, the teams on top have had teams and players in place for yrs and their jobs for yrs, time is what we need, it’s not his ideal team but it’s a start, no one should have put us anywhere on the ladder or improvement, we have no stars or players that have played through yrs of different club level, Trent will learn from this, he needs time, nsw’s struggled for yrs but people and fans held tight, what does it say about us, number 1 we need to give the coach time and support, 2 we will get there, we can’t just shaft last yrs problems to Mounties, we need to persist with our shit so we can get rid of it, players need to be thought about, we start loosing both grades and next yr we have more scars for our futures, leave the team where it is, let the young blokes learn how to win, so many players have gone missing due to 1st grade coming to quickly. Get rid of the rot and start again, it will make that yr everything clicks so much more, that yr we will be what we see the panthers doing now, stay strong dogs fans, stay strong
It's the players' attitudes. They aren't putting in their best efforts & that's on the coach. He needs to drop high profile players to reserve grade & put anybody in. I think he probably told a lot of players early on that they wouldn't get their contract renewals. If that is true, it was a big mistake, because they have been kicking stones ever since.

He doesn't appear to be trying anything to change things. Everybody is going back into their shells to get a good completion rate, but with that we can't score because we aren't taking risks. Take a risk, Baz, get some enthusiasm into the team. Get in a sport psych in. Hypnotize them. Try SOMETHING different because what he is doing is not working!!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Every year players are told they wont be renewed. Happens at every club. Sometimes very publicly.

Dufty anyone?

Its up to the coach to manage the players attitude.