Official Trent Barrett to coach the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

obe

Waterboy
Reaction score
Good on the Barrett for taking a job which many coaches would rather not take.
The joint is unattractive at the moment.
And Good on the club for having faith in a coach who it could said is unproven to head a team in need of a coach who has been there and done that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I liked what Barrett said about surrounding himself with assistant coaches who cover what he's not the best at. The worst thing he did IMO at Manly was ban young Hastings from FG for good and bag him out publicly. Too harsh for a young bloke. But he still seemed to have the players with him at Manly when he was turfed which is a good sign, and seems to have thought about his mistakes (and improving) a lot.

I liked what I saw in the interview and the influence I assume he's having at Penrith. If he gets a bit of media in the next few months and keeps carrying himself that well, it won't hurt with attracting players.
I wish that never happened... If we could have had a spine of;
1. Averillo
6. Burton
7. Hastings
I believe that's a premiership winning spine in time

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He gave me more confidence in a 9min interview then what Pay said over 3yrs.
Acknowledged his mistakes, didnt sit there and blow smoke up our asses promising us the world. Told it as it is.
Our defensive efforts have always been there thanks to Des, so if Barrett could tweak our attack even a lil bit, we will do so much better than this year and sets up a good platform going forward.
Knowing he did love dogs as a kid is also refreshing, means he will respect club that little bit more.
For once in a long time, can finally see the positive light after being in a dark tunnel for so long...

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For once in a long time, can finally see the positive light after being in a dark tunnel for so long...
I wasn’t sure Barrett was the right coach to get results but he seems like he’s making all the right moves to fix and learn from past coaching. He seems confident now, time will tell I suppose.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure Barrett was the right coach to get results but he seems like he’s making all the right moves to fix and learn from past coaching. He seems confident now, time will tell I suppose.
The thing is everyone wants the top coaches like Bellemy & Bennett. These old dinosaurs are coming towards the end of their careers, they are not going to be around forever.
There will be a new crop of young coaches who will emerge as super coaches in the future. Its just the way it is. Bellemy and Bennett were young up and coming coaches once upon a time.
Time to look to the future, hopefully Barrett will have learnt from his experience at Manly and may one day become one of those super coaches in the future. Only time will tell.
If the players he's coached tell you he's got one of the smartest footy brains around then it tells you something. Hopefully for us it works out well. We will wait and see.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wish him all the best. all the fans should be 100% behind. Lets judge him on what he achieves with us, and not his past.