Official Trent Barrett to coach the Bulldogs for the next three seasons

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not convinced that this is the right move but it is probably as good as we were gonna get at the moment. Happy to see some change.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You mean Baz inspires more confidence than Pay? I don't believe it...

I reckon Baz will win over a lot of people very early on. It's refreshing to have a coach who is media friendly for once and who has a clue tactically.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impressive on fox tonight baz was. Will be working on bulldogs issues after hours( not on penriths hours) from now on into the rest of the year ( nov 1).
Looking forward on the talent he can attract

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Impressive on fox tonight baz was. Will be working on bulldogs issues after hours( not on penriths hours) from now on into the rest of the year ( nov 1).
Looking forward on the talent he can attract
After hours = on the toilet

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How good is it to have a coach that can articulate himself well unlike the gibberish from Des or the cliche from Pay

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't be worse than Pay and he can actually string a sentence together.

Not many good coaches available right now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He sounds laser focused and most importantly has a plan. He was impressive tonight with the way he spoke. I think troubles he had at Manly have made him a better coach. Good to hear him squash the doubters thinking he wouldn’t be building the Dogs rosters while he’s still at Penrith.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah he sounds like he’s absolutely in the right headspace to take this on. Any doubters should listen to that interview, I was really impressed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He sounds laser focused and most importantly has a plan. He was impressive tonight with the way he spoke. I think troubles he had at Manly have made him a better coach. Good to hear him squash the doubters thinking he wouldn’t be building the Dogs rosters while he’s still at Penrith.
Bloke is itching to start... Probably do a few drop ins on his way home.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that’s the first thing I thought of when I heard him. It’s the first time in a decade we have a coherent coach.
Best part was his history with the club... Weaseling his way into the sheds after games and still recognising people who were around back in 1990. DNAAAAAaaa hahaha.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I started typing it out but it would take way too long, then I tried some random app on my phone...

Next year congratulations tell me what what you think the time is right the job back into the NRL coaching furnace yeah look like it was a long long year of mate put it that way too hard work to be done out there at Penrith really grateful for the for the opportunity and I think looking good for a lot of things but you do differently only some things that you thought you did well on and you learnt a hell of a lot better position to be successful and the little things I get the year off give you a lot of time that the Telstra Blacktown as I said I think you did well and things or situations you probably could have handled differently you know decision that are made in football clubs have repercussions through Department but I think probably probably not thinking through on I know there's a lot of a lot of things that you learn a lot of things that are involved in being a head case that you can't get it get that experience just been an autistic ocean I guess I could have comfortably in this position position for a long time but the experience and the situations that I've been put in over it at Manly in the past and then even having the year and the time that I spend at Penrith this year I'll be a hell of a lot better how you begin the rebuild you've got 3 million dollars I told in the salary cap have you already identify players and and for the rest of the club how to rebuild around that now I'm down the street hearing that will be available cap space it's important that we don't rush their decisions if we make in and around that cap I've got to be smart ones there's a lot of time between now and the sound of the competition next year but you know we have to be really really I guess aware and very in the homework that we do we need to sign because we got to get it right you know you can't get that wrong still contract that as a sister panda that decision is it fair decide that you'll be worrying overclock yeah that's much myself focus is the Panthers obviously you know there will be think it will have to do in the background that I'll have to do in my own private time just to get ready for next year you know you when we're not stupid we know the realities of it but you know I'm very respectfully I guess I just have to keep reminding myself I've got a job to do here and I had that in Penrith and I'm and I'm really determined to do that when I sign the contract to go back to Penrith we had a cause in there that I couldn't believe I wouldn't leave to take her head coaching roll until the end of it all the completion of a season and then I want to turn it on at I think I have it machinations find the Santa Bulldogs these days how concerned are you with that and how do you plan to handle up really concerned Grady to be honest. United this supporter and you actually spend a lot of time at Belmore oval as a young bloke who said my brother actually play to Canterbury and in 1990 he was a 580 was captain of their under 21 team first radio Canberra at Belmore oval in 1990 and I was there so I was only 13 at the time but I did I'll do the footy head at that Asian night I did spend the weekend he was he was there and really but the paper lot of people that are still involved in the club I've been back in touch with through through this whole scenario so I'm sitting on the I've got to go back but I think it's a good thing on the way through I think it's going to be probably be the best thing for me and I certainly going to be the same again for the remainder of the season to Penrith campus so was the new head coach of the Camry Bankstown Bulldogs still commence in the 2021 season listen to that he was very impressive ability for a week but just hearing is talking about the job and hearing where the dogs are and what their plan do I think of these shortcomings chillingham from the mistakes that he made at Manly and it has he just articulated everything should be a better head coach as a result

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, our young halves have been coached by an old second rower. Players Cogger might reach their potential under a former good half.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The other positive with announcing Barrett is we don't have to read twenty sob stories a day about how Pay was hard done by and never given a fair shot...

At least all of the articles now will be about linking us to every player under the sun.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if barrett is a good, bad or great coach... but i know a couple of things, hes definitely more intelligent than pay and he is obviously more attack orientated, which we desperately need ... whether or not he turns out to be the messiah, time will tell .. but one thing i can guarantee is that Pay was not the way forward.... i had seen enough to be certain of that..