Trent Barrett Presser

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cummins was influenced by the novacastrian bogans

our pack got dominated but the 6 agains were way over the top
I was struggling to see the difference between the defence, and why the Dogs were hit constantly by the ref. The Knights were doing the same hold downs and were up too fast to have been on side. Funny how we got a run of six agains right at the end, to tidy up the stats.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really think that interview revealed the passion and ability of this coach to articulate and hopefully address the issues. Disagree that the team is soft and slow. They have done a great job in recruiting and need a coach that provides some technical details and belief into this new side. I went to the game it was awesome to see the boys go around. I felt the issues were confidence and basics, we are gonna have to be patient but feel Tbaz can provide the belief these guys need.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Now that the dust as settled a little... defensively we didn’t aim up with costly one on one misses and poor reads but I will say I actually feel confident we can score again with good field position. Something we couldn’t get right the last few years.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Now that the dust as settled a little... defensively we didn’t aim up with costly one on one misses and poor reads but I will say I actually feel confident we can score again with good field position. Something we couldn’t get right the last few years.
The dust has settled? Bro, I woke up angry. :tearsofjoy:

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another coach , another bunch of supporters getting excited about some throw away words they want to hear. Bring back the madness.....

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our forwards are soft, our backs are slow. Actually the majority of our team is slow and soft with the exception of a couple. Flange and our kicking game are the only positives I can get out of that game lastnight.
Cotric isn't slow and he played well last night after the initial errors. I'd say he was a positive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cotric isn't slow and he played well last night after the initial errors. I'd say he was a positive.
Yh, positive he isn't a left centre. Right centre or wing. I'm not sure why we're putting our strike back in his least comfortable position lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was struggling to see the difference between the defence, and why the Dogs were hit constantly by the ref. The Knights were doing the same hold downs and were up too fast to have been on side. Funny how we got a run of six agains right at the end, to tidy up the stats.
Our first with only 18mins to go apparently. Played for 62 mins without Knights transgressing!

And we didn't get a set restart for 35 mins.

Info off one of our FB pages so not sure how accurate.

Is that close to unprecedented in a game of rugba leeg under these new rules?

Of all refs in Sutton and Cummins, at this time, to change rules to 6 agains and back to only one ref!

What a disaster to give them such unfetted control of a game and the destiny of teams they are biased against.

There is going to be more controversy than ever this year.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Credit to Baz the way he answered the questions asked. real pro Baz.
even and fair share of ball yesterday game over, dogs win. Knights were very ordinary made to look good by Cummings one sided favouritism. ref both teams the same and different result. Too many rule changes, nothing wrong with the way football was played 20 years ago or more in fact it was better

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view is quite simple, we get a fair shake from the ref and we win the game. Penalties (as far as I am concerned 6 agains are a penalty) at 10 to 3, a huge task to overcome that blunt statistic. But it was actually a lot worse than the numbers show, one of our penalties (6 agains) was on tackle 1 and an other on tackle 2, seriously how does that compare with the 3 penalties (6 agains) on the 4th or 5th tackle? Then there is the position on the field where the penalties were awarded, 2 of our 3 penalties (6 agains) where on our try line or with the 10. Whilst 4 of their's were inside our 20, that makes a huge difference to the game.

As for our defence, hardly surprising when the opposition has 30% (184 versus 140) more runs, coupled with the fatigue that goes with that and the disrupted defensive line due to penalty, on top of penalty. Interestingly the penalties were evenly spread with no one Bulldogs player copping more than 1 penalty (no serial offenders).

The only concern for me was the error count of 13, with Cotric topping the count at 4 and Averillo and Allen on 2 each. Of the 4 Cotric errors I think 2 were "winger" errors bringing the ball back, perhaps a good reason for him playing centre not winger (that's just for BeastMode ;)). Lost ball errors are something that can be eliminated and obviously need to be worked on this week.

I did note that all of the Captain's Challenges were successful (when was the last time that happened), that in itself shows the error rate of the ref, at least those decisions were positively proven to be wrong.

Go Dogs

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
They weren't on their back as much and quicker to get up or at least show the willingness to get up for play the ball. Dogs were much much slower to get up and on their backs moreso and this wasn't because Knights were holding down. Watch a replay and scrutinize the play the ball closely

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Great to hear a bloke who knows what he is talking about instead of "we just have to do better" Pay

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of the game if anyone was told that the knights would complete 36 of 43 sets to our 26 of 36 sets and the penalty/restart stats would favour them 10 to 3 not even the loyalist of doggies fans would have predicted a win.

Of course that is simplifying things but at the end of the day teams just don’t win with those kind of stats against them. In my opinion the ref was biased against us but that happens for most home teams.

The main concern for Baz was the easy errors coming out of trouble. Klemmer made one for them early and we made them pay. But we made about 4 or 5 and that was the difference. I don’t know how you coach professional footballers to hold the friggen ball. You would think they would know by now

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh, positive he isn't a left centre. Right centre or wing. I'm not sure why we're putting our strike back in his least comfortable position lol.
Well yeah, I wasn't really commenting on the position he's been put in. Just meant that he looked pretty dangerous at times last night.

Him and JAC would be a lethal wing combo. We seemingly have no centres though.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They weren't on their back as much and quicker to get up or at least show the willingness to get up for play the ball. Dogs were much much slower to get up and on their backs moreso and this wasn't because Knights were holding down. Watch a replay and scrutinize the play the ball closely
Lots of times we had players still lying in the ruck after the ball had cleared and therefore out of the defensive line. Fatigue yes but still poor.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
some biased ref calls for sure,some were hard to work out. When you’ve got an experienced winger who shouldn’t be overly fatigued knocking it on from the play the ball inside our ten then we’ve got no hope. Same simple errors on both sides of the ball doesn’t bode well - I can’t even begin to imagine what south’s left side will do to us on the scoreboard.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
At the start of the game if anyone was told that the knights would complete 36 of 43 sets to our 26 of 36 sets and the penalty/restart stats would favour them 10 to 3 not even the loyalist of doggies fans would have predicted a win.

Of course that is simplifying things but at the end of the day teams just don’t win with those kind of stats against them. In my opinion the ref was biased against us but that happens for most home teams.

The main concern for Baz was the easy errors coming out of trouble. Klemmer made one for them early and we made them pay. But we made about 4 or 5 and that was the difference. I don’t know how you coach professional footballers to hold the friggen ball. You would think they would know by now
You could have stopped at 43 sets to 36 sets, 7 more sets, a coincidence that it's pretty much the same as the penalties (6 agains are penalties) at 9 to 3 that's 6 more?

Go Dogs