Trent Barrett Presser

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He owned it

I’m glad he didn’t make excuses (Pay would have said inexperienced players give the kids 30,40,50 games bs)

He also hinted at ref shit calls

Someone needed to tell him we got zero penalties
He said 3 6 agains.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It was a fair assessment of our game.

Disappointing. Too many mistakes.

Some poor defence and some players really didn't offer much in attack or D. Certainly not enough, whether they have the ability or not, you can't compete running on 3 cyclinders.

It seemed like that disappointed him as much as anything.

Highlighted the one sided influence of Cummins and the near impossible fatigue that all the 6 agains and free possession that the ref gave the Knights.

Some guys really need to look at themselves as to whether they want much more of a career in NRL bc they don't look to have progressed, even with the harder, more skills based pre-season they had.

Still got 100% confidence in Baz but he probably now realises he has to regig this team even more.

We just can't create any space in the middle :(

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Speaks as good as he looks. He hit the nail on the head. Fuckin Errors and poor inside shoulder reads. I honestly think we are still a bottom 4 - 5 team. This year I’m hoping The Don(Baz) is aiming to build combinations and weeding out the useless cocksuckers. Regardless we are on the up. Burton and Ado Carr already coming and the dead shits. Madone. Majority of them off contract so it’s not to bad

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Barrett is finding out what it's like to inherit Pay & Des' deadwood
Yes true. We agreed months ago that they not only had to learn new plays but they had to unlearn so much of the stodgy one out runs etc as well.

Under fatigue the settlers came back.
It's a learning curve for us.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Better than the Des and co show.!!!

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think he is any better than Pay personally, i think a FG player who has been in the system for the amount of years as they all have generally know how to play football...however fornthe sake of transparency i spoke to a player yesterday and he said they have never been more positive apposed to past years and everyone has been buying into the culture Baz was employing. All the players were at the Bulldogs merchandise store yesterday if anyone wants to take shots at my encounter.

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah he was upbeat as well because the things that went wrong are easy fixes, but you can tell he was very disappointed with the players coffing up ball in dangerous positions and the very soft inside shoulder defense.
He was seething at that!! He will fix it.we have the depth to make some changes.I didn’t expect us to win,in all honesty it will take a games for combinations to form and to fine tune our defence.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cummins was influenced by the novacastrian bogans

our pack got dominated but the 6 agains were way over the top
Being at the game, it was one of the quietest Newcastle crowds for a win I’ve heard. Not saying someone didn’t threaten to coin his car but the crowd was quiet.

I just think 6-again Ben decided we were more indisciplined before the opening whistle... then just gave us three 6-agains at the end when it was too late. Again.

Will be so glad when we are rid of Dallin and Hoppa. It looked like the cat played for 10min all night, and got splinters for the rest.

Cotric looked really good, but FFS how about giving him some early ball in attack, not just when we are rucking it out. Can’t wait until he’s partnered with JAC so he doesn’t have to carry Meaney anymore

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
AWESOME to have a coach that actually knows whats going on!

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Said everything I would hope and expect our coach to say about that game. Also loves the word yardage.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He owned it

I’m glad he didn’t make excuses (Pay would have said inexperienced players give the kids 30,40,50 games bs)

He also hinted at ref shit calls

Someone needed to tell him we got zero penalties
He lumped the penalties & 6 agains in together & said he would seek clarification