Trent Barrett - Mega thread

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Everyone is going on about the great effort today, and yes to a point our defence was ok at times, but that game Barrett clearly coached the side to try not to get beaten by 50 plus

To go pretty much the whole match to play one out, thru the forwards and try not make mistakes with the ball, and not throw any attack at all at Penrith, and pretty much not look like scoring points all game, really is embarrassing, this is first grade, and even with our rubbish team, for a coach to have them play the whole match like that, it’s a major concern moving forward

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is out of ideas, the only thing that can save him is a totally new look forward pack but he has blown the warchest on backs and gone for bargain basement forwards like Waddell, Ava & Hetho

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The negative, one dimensional game plan is concerning and surprising considering he's supposed to be an attacking coach.

Watching us play, it's the same boring attack from the latter Des years and Pay's era. If anything it's even more one dimensional somehow. I don't get it... Let them throw the ball around and encourage offloads. Even when the game is beyond them they still go through the motions and don't have any attacking intent.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everyone is going on about the great effort today, and yes to a point our defence was ok at times, but that game Barrett clearly coached the side to try not to get beaten by 50 plus

To go pretty much the whole match to play one out, thru the forwards and try not make mistakes with the ball, and not throw any attack at all at Penrith, and pretty much not look like scoring points all game, really is embarrassing, this is first grade, and even with our rubbish team, for a coach to have them play the whole match like that, it’s a major concern moving forward
True but it's not hard to see why.

Let's just think of it as a building block for some respectability and a touch of confidence that they can realise they don't necessarily need to get beaten by the 60+ a lot said they would :(

A world of woe any way but...

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m still waiting to see even a shred of evidence that this bloke has any clue how to coach.

All this talk about him being an attacking genius and we do nothing but hit the ball up 1 out for 5 tackles and poke a kick to the corner. We do this for 80 minutes straight, no matter the scoreline/state of the game - this is the plan. We only have a Plan A

We didn’t throw a single punch today. Didn’t even attempt to do something different.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The negative, one dimensional game plan is concerning and surprising considering he's supposed to be an attacking coach.

Watching us play, it's the same boring attack from the latter Des years and Pay's era. If anything it's even more one dimensional somehow. I don't get it... Let them throw the ball around and encourage offloads. Even when the game is beyond them they still go through the motions and don't have any attacking intent.
But that’s the thing, since he dropped Flanagan, we have actually moved the ball around a bit, even in our own end, today it seemed we were coached to try to limit the damage that could occur on the scoreboard, surely in first grade you can’t do that

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We need to find the Jurgen Klopp of NRL. Someone who can take a club in disarray, turn the mentality around and turn us into winners.

We also need recruitment gurus like the storm or roosters.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We’re in trouble for 2022 regardless who we sign ,Wayne Bennett the better option

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree and disagree… I’m first to put my hand up and point my finger at baz… BUT! It was a dumb proof plan. We have to be real here a lot of players have a low IQ footy wise abd skill wise we are so far behind. We had plenty of ball first half to score some points but our halves just don’t have any creativity. We score 1-2 try’s first half it’s a diff game.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m still waiting to see even a shred of evidence that this bloke has any clue how to coach.

All this talk about him being an attacking genius and we do nothing but hit the ball up 1 out for 5 tackles and poke a kick to the corner. We do this for 80 minutes straight, no matter the state of the game - this is the plan. We only have a Plan A

We didn’t throw a single punch today. Didn’t even attempt to do something different.
There is no evidence. Only koolaid, it's the special 'rebuild' brew. Drink it and go all in on the rebuild rhetoric and how we are turning things around.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to find the Jurgen Klopp of NRL. Someone who can take a club in disarray, turn the mentality around and turn us into winners.

We also need recruitment gurus like the storm or roosters.
Fuck Klopp, we need a Mourinho

Park the bus and hit the counter attack with JAC

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but it's not hard to see why.

Let's just think of it as a building block for some respectability and a touch of confidence that they can realise they don't necessarily need to get beaten by the 60+ a lot said they would :(

A world of woe any way but...
That's what I took from it, an attempt to simplify and compete. Build confidence for the second half of the year. Keep saying it, the squad is poor to limited but should be able to defend.