Trent Barrett is half Lebanese

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And? Who gives a shit… he’s a great guy, and our coach, that’s all that matters here !!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs Top 4 2021
'Our Lebanese coach Trent Barrett'

Bulldogs 5-8 2021
'Our half Aussie half Lebanese coach, Trent Barrett'

Bulldogs miss finals
'Sack the Ayr Aussie Coach Trent Barrett'
Mate I grew up around belmore,it had at the time around the 70s,a large and still to this day Greek and Anglo population base,the large numbers of Lebanese started coming in around the late 80s early 90s,and I think u will find parramatta and the dragons have more Lebanese supporters than the dogs.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just a weird way to try and get our supporter base behind the coach to avoid fractions like the last two coaches, since our support base is what? 60% leb?
We got rid of all the Lebanese troublemakers,when we left belmore,we sent them all to Redfern and parramatta.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard he's half lebanese cucumber half man.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate I grew up around belmore,it had at the time around the 70s,a large and still to this day Greek and Anglo population base,the large numbers of Lebanese started coming in around the late 80s early 90s,and I think u will find parramatta and the dragons have more Lebanese supporters than the dogs.
This is true, the media have drawn the attention to the club, for what reason, I don’t know..

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Bulldogs Top 4 2021

Bulldogs 5-8 2021

Bulldogs miss finals
I think we are now somewhere between 2 and 3.

When I found out Trent Barrett had leb it was one of the happiest days of my life.
Was smiling for days.
But that smile is all but wiped.
The flicker of sunshine in me has dimmed.
Because he’s leb I am willing to give him one more year to prove himself and he is lucky that he is getting this leeway frankly.

And no I’m not Nasheed befriend the trolls come out with what seems to be trend of the month.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
With the resurgence of the Trent Barrett is Lebanese thread here on the kennel, it has given me mixed feelings.

Whirlwind of emotions.

The excitement of a Lebanese
disappointment of the failure of said lebanese coach.

So it got me thinking that if Barrett is sacked, and it’s slowly heading that way, who else is out there that would reinvigorate those feelings we felt two years ago? That wouso galvanize our support base and unite us in the same way.

Then I had a thought.

Michael Cheika.

Michael was the Lebanese coach in charge of the wallabies for nearly ten years before jumping ship to the Lebanese RL team. I Believe he is also doing soem coaching work as an assistant in the NRL with the Sydney Roosters. A club immersed in success.

He has that Eddie Jones ability to jump between codes and is highly rated by all accounts.

Could he be someone we take a punt on?

It’s very important to appoint a Lebanese coach next IF we can I think.
Success also follows him:

From his wiki:
“Cheika has Lebanese ancestry.[1][2] He is the only coach to have won the major rugby club competition in each hemisphere, winning the Heineken Cup with Leinster in 2009 and the Super Rugby competition with the New South Wales Waratahs in 2014. During his career, Cheika was also head coach at Padova, Randwick and Stade Français.”.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha,
He was Lebanese when everyone loved him.
Now it's sack time everyone hates him.
No mention of being Lebanese. Haha.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think Barrett’s Lebanese I read he is Afghan even born there to ???

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs Top 4 2021

Bulldogs 5-8 2021

Bulldogs miss finals
Is that Ayers-Rock Aussie :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we can get up there with AFTV then that's a small dub in this era...lol.

Also why are lebs all fucking cooked? One player to bring back and they pick a fucking winger hahahahaha.