News Trent Barrett backing Adam Elliott to save his football career

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly right and the Court case against Lichaa's DV will reveal more and highlight the events, and repercussions, even more, if it goes to Court with more public shaming.

Or even if Lichaa seeks to not go ahead with the marriage.

The fallout is not over yet.

I'm writing this as both a female and as a counsellor and someone who wants the gravity of Elliot's partner's predictament to be appreciated as well. Also if Adam is human, he could not be in a very good head space himself where all he has atm is his footy I imagine.

Either way, depending on what level of sexual activity they got up to, Adam's partner will never be able to trust him again...and even more so if she ever sees him drinking again and how it controls his actions.

Might not affect their relationship right now if they can work out their feelings soonish, and get back together, but definately will traumatise her when they argue about anything and later in life as their relationship changes and matures.

The feeling of personal vulnerability and betrayal and that of your young innocent first baby together will never leave her. It's just a matter of being able to deal with it now but I hope she gets professional mental health care to cope into the future when the black dog barks and I hope she has a lot of family around her for support. We hear how the club is supervisong a care program for him, well I hope his young partner doesn't feel abandoned and unsupported by all of this.

Having just had a baby is a very pivotal point in a woman's life and very emotional as we know with post natal depression.

Knowing your husband wouldn't come home with you at 2am and was ok with letting you get an Uber alone with a 9 month old baby to manage, knowing the other female's husband went to bed at 1am and your partner would be alone with her, it erodes your faith already....why is he staying, it's not like his mate is still there to talk/drink with. I'd have been ropable even at that point. He really had no right to stay.

And then to compound it all, it goes public with Lichaa going off his head.

There's the hurt and then there's the public humiliation of your new father partner having a sexual tryst with a girlfriend and partner of his mate.

There are all kinds of scenarios going through that young woman's mind. Re-living past times where it might have happened. Your heart and head telling you the worse possible images and outcomes.

I just wanted to put it out there that actions have repercussions and we all need to consider a whole lot more than what a momentary nice feeling costs us in life and how it affects others.

I hope they can sort it out between them but that young lady probably needs more support and councelling than Adam does. He's got a whole team of mates and professionals and mentors around him....I doubt she has anything like that and only her immediate NT family at present.

It's a good idea to leave them alone now as far as public comments.

The club has made a determination but I hope that includes ensuring Elliot provides adequate funds to her for her rehabilitation as well, if she doesn't have the means and that a regular program of support and contact is maintained to her bc it shouldn't be all one way. Part of this alcohol program for him should include support for this young woman and child as well.
Well said Wendy. And good to be reminded of the impact on the partner.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well said Wendy. And good to be reminded of the impact on the partner.
Tragic for all concerned.

Hope things heal as best as possible for all of them.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The dogs had a similar problem some years back and a good half back was ruined. As with Elliott the culprit at the time was retained. So déjà vu and for what?
A top halfback who was still a rostered member of the team vs a very ordinary hooker who is no longer rostered to the team. Yeah, I see the parallels.

The club has made its decision snd gas moved on. By all accounts Elliott has the support of his teammates. Time for some of you to build a bridge so we can start talking about the season ahead.

All the whinging in the world from you won’t change the club’s decision.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep well said and you highlight the point that either most don't think about or just don't get.

To put the perspective of the reverse role out there aswell it is a very emotional and sole destroying experience. The black dog is a very real battle in this situation.

Having gone through the Mother of my children doing this thing while my two babies slept and me at work destroyed my life that 8 years later I'm still trying to piece together. Having gone through a medical experience with my second where I almost lost her and my boy in childbirth I thought that bond was impenetrable. When I learnt the truth with a mate of 30 years I lost my confidence, trust and my heart. I beat the black dog but I still struggle with the confidence and trust. I have not had another girlfriend or relationship since as I watch my youth fade.

Even after 8 years my babies still cry about us not being together anymore and I will have pain and resentment for the rest of my life. I now get to pay her a massive chunk of my wage as she has never bothered to work again and I see my kids 34% of the time now.

Actions matter!

Sorry for the rant.
My Dads inability to keep it in his pants resulted in my folks getting divorced when I was 9. According to my older sisters, we probably have a half brother from one of his side relationships that supposedly was a spitting image of me as a baby that they used to babysit.

It was hard for me and my older sisters to go from having Dad in our lives every day. But we still know that Dad loves us. I know I didn't see as much of him growing up as I'd have liked. My Mum and stepdad decided to move about 8 hours away from Dad when I was 13 so access got pretty infrequent. But as long as you keep contact and regularly let your kids know you love them you will hopefully find that they grow up returning the love even if you don't see as much of them as you'd like.

Don't give up on finding someone else in life. I'm 41 and in a similar position to you in seeing my youth fade while I don't have a love interest. But if you do get into a relationship it's probably going to be of benefit that you know yourself better and she'll be mature enough to enter into things with the same benefit of maturity and self knowledge. Maturity gives you the ability to appreciate the good things in life more than when you were still young and finding what makes you happy long term and what just gave you short term happiness.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
My Dads inability to keep it in his pants resulted in my folks getting divorced when I was 9. According to my older sisters, we probably have a half brother from one of his side relationships that supposedly was a spitting image of me as a baby that they used to babysit.

It was hard for me and my older sisters to go from having Dad in our lives every day. But we still know that Dad loves us. I know I didn't see as much of him growing up as I'd have liked. My Mum and stepdad decided to move about 8 hours away from Dad when I was 13 so access got pretty infrequent. But as long as you keep contact and regularly let your kids know you love them you will hopefully find that they grow up returning the love even if you don't see as much of them as you'd like.

Don't give up on finding someone else in life. I'm 41 and in a similar position to you in seeing my youth fade while I don't have a love interest. But if you do get into a relationship it's probably going to be of benefit that you know yourself better and she'll be mature enough to enter into things with the same benefit of maturity and self knowledge. Maturity gives you the ability to appreciate the good things in life more than when you were still young and finding what makes you happy long term and what just gave you short term happiness.
Thanks for sharing buddy. I've moved about 4 times so far (ex keeps moving) to keep in close contact with the kids. I'm still a huge part of there lives and they are everything to me.......... and they know it. There are alot of people worse off then me that's no doubt. I'm content in life and if something else doesn't happen then that's ok with me.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Al pal. You and I have similar stories. My parents didn't split up but lots of what has happened to you resonates with me. I was 58 when I finally tied the knot. While I am loathe to tell my story in a public forum I am happy to give you my email address so I can tell you how I turned things around. Maybe this will help you.

Glenn.Russell54@bigpond.com

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha oh god, life will move on. What a load of shit, couldn’t even read it all.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually drink maybe twice a year these days and grog generally has a way of bringing out the truth in people. That being said I have had many grog phases in my life and none of them were or are an excuse for my behavior.
Not an excuse but piss is quite often the REASON bad shit happens, people are delusional if they think otherwise :laughing:
He will be alright the incident was not good and not excusable but the previous ones were very minor.
As stated we move onto the footy and he went well in the trial long may that continue.