News Trent Barrett axes Canterbury Bulldogs coaching staff

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs about time say what you want, Harris and Grimaldi are Fucken frauds. We always look weaker and run ur of gas before the opposition.
Tony Ayoub is one of the best in the business, absolute gentleman and one of the best physios out there.i know him personally fixed my knee years ago

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Awesome news.

I’m sick of the “family club” bullshit.

I’d rather have a club that kicks ass and dominates the competition.
So true...the Mortimers and Hughes boys haven’t put the jumper on to run out for us for a while now eh?!!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only left cause he hated des school teacher antics. Hope he comes back. A great physio and bloke
I miss Shamrock he was good for us before James Rahme, we never had many serious injuries under him from memory

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really good news this and glad most on here see this for what it is. A natural decision.

Too often the players, and head coach get the full blame for bad results. However, I honestly think that the backroom staff should be held a lot more accountable. Lower grade coaches also.

Let's be honest. The greatest coach in world sport at the moment, the sexy I want to make man love to you Jurgen Klopp, owes his success to the coaching team around him. He's said it again and again. He has experts in different fields working for him because he doesn't have the information or skills they do. He just brings it all together.

That needs to be our approach at the Dogs. Yes. We've got a new coach, but it's more important who comes in to help him. Cartright by all accounts would be a massive pick up? What are your thoughts guys?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
For the guys against or having a go at Ferris as a signing to do with our players fitness and bodies, let me just put this here:

"Head of Performance - PhD Candidate: Griffith University"

and

"Dan’s Bachelor and Honours degree have been completed at Bond University with areas of study focusing on the effects of compression garments and cold water immersion on markers of muscle damage; neuromuscular performance response to training and competition; and monitoring athletic load via Global Positioning Systems technology on elite Rugby League Players. Dan is currently completing his Doctor of Philosophy in Sport Science at Griffith University.

Dan's major area of expertise is in all aspects of 'Elite Physical Performance Program Development and Management in Professional Contact Sports Athletes'. "

We should be very happy we are finally getting someone actually educated and who has done it in today's world over a guy with a bachelor of sports science degree from the 1980s and the other two being educated from god knows where. I like this signing as we are signing someone educated and who continues to be educated with how sports are played today, hopefully the club have enough resources to take advantage of the man's knowledge.

Look at the clubs who have been at the top for a while now as most have staff with bachelors, masters and PhDs in key roles not some fucking friends for the boys ex footy players who are past what they are trying to do...
Yet Manly and Titans players were always falling apart under him :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do we really need Pangai to bring all his problems down here? As if we need another bad boy to grab more off field scandal headlines for us.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really good news this and glad most on here see this for what it is. A natural decision.

Too often the players, and head coach get the full blame for bad results. However, I honestly think that the backroom staff should be held a lot more accountable. Lower grade coaches also.

Let's be honest. The greatest coach in world sport at the moment, the sexy I want to make man love to you Jurgen Klopp, owes his success to the coaching team around him. He's said it again and again. He has experts in different fields working for him because he doesn't have the information or skills they do. He just brings it all together.

That needs to be our approach at the Dogs. Yes. We've got a new coach, but it's more important who comes in to help him. Cartright by all accounts would be a massive pick up? What are your thoughts guys?
I think we give the new coach what he wants. No point bringing him in and hamstringing him with people he doesn't feel are the best he needs- he already has that with the team we're giving him.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a way i am happy this is happening. All the current coaching staff have a hand in how we are playing. The players need all new voices new way of thinking. This talk of family club etc, I would say when the Peter Moore came in he wasn't part of the bulldogs family, but he took over the club brought in his family. Trent Barrett is a bulldogs fan at heart, he is close to the new sponsors. The start of a chapter of the family club

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we give the new coach what he wants. No point bringing him in and hamstringing him with people he doesn't feel are the best he needs- he already has that with the team we're giving him.
Agree. Maybe if he brings in the right people (which we don't currently have at the club) these players might start performing better. Maybe, just maybe, the players will start learning a little more and becoming better players.

Novel approach to coaching I know but ;)

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
In a way i am happy this is happening. All the current coaching staff have a hand in how we are playing. The players need all new voices new way of thinking. This talk of family club etc, I would say when the Peter Moore came in he wasn't part of the bulldogs family, but he took over the club brought in his family. Trent Barrett is a bulldogs fan at heart, he is close to the new sponsors. The start of a chapter of the family club
This is a way of giving the whole team the shake up it needs. It shows that nobody's job is safe.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most incisive comment this week has been from Rooster’s coach Trent Robinson when he said there is no way Pangai Junior would be joining the Roosters because he was not the type of person to fit the Roosters culture. Do I recall correctly that Pangai admitted to making contact with Uncle Nick and no doubt considered he would be welcomed. Robinson put paid to that immediately. Discipline wins and lack of it can spread like COVID though a team.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seen a article from Dean Ritchie that Barrett has sacked coaches at the Bulldogs, can anyone post the article?
Total clean up and disinfect the whole place, I like it

Malla

Reaction score
He had a shot than when questioned why he said all these guys are capable, umm we are last and sucked for 5 years now. You wonder if they hear them selves.. typical agenda driven c***..
He will keep banging on about that because he created that narrative earlier this year when Pay was sacked. He failed to mention that Pay was signed by the previous administration and given the extension to prove himself, which he didn't do.
He also failed to mention that it is completely normal for a new coach to clear out current coaching staff and bring his own/new people in. Someone like Grimaldi has been there for years - I don't know what input he provides, but surely we can do better than that compared to other blue shirts in the comp. Steve James - I don't need to say anymore about this flog. Bloke is still playing wall-ball with a footy with half our squad. Katoa has put on about 10kgs because he doesnt run anymore, just throws a footy at a wall and runs after it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still better than us lol, also don't forget genetics play a key role in that too!
I defenitely don't rate our setup...but i feel bringing Ferris in would be an absolute disaster. I don't care what or where he studied, his results simply haven't been anywhere near good enough and instead have been quite concerning.

There has got to be better options around, instead Baz looks like he will just bring in the usual people he has worked with that are yet to experience any level of success.